So we're firing McD, right?

Heavy Kevi

Should the Bills Fire McDermott?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills Fire McDermott?

• Yep. Too many bad losses and bad coaching in the playoffs
    • Heck No. Playoffs year after year, and we're one of the best teams on NFL

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I mean I don't agree with the first part either, for either guy on either side, obviously age can be a factor. 

I'd take him over McD for sure. But someone like a Ben Johnson makes so much sense. 

I wouldn’t be opposed to Ben Johnson, by any means, but offense isn’t the reason this team falters regularly in the post season. 

8 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

But how do those reasons as whole for all of these playoff disappointments line up favorably for McD? They don't at all. 

That is your opinion. Barring the obvious - 13 seconds - I don't agree. 

59 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Belichick is sitting right there.

He LOVES 17.

You know he wants to stick it to Kraft.

He’s beaten Mahomes in the playoffs in Arrowhead.

I have confidence with a QB like Josh he would build a monster defense to support his QB, idk why, but I think he’s got some experience in how to win with elite QBs.

idc that’s he 72 if his mind is still sharp.

I'm sick and tired of waiting around (6 years now) for Sean McDermott to build a playoff defense. Media is downgrading Josh's accomplishments because he's expected to score 30-40 points every playoff game.  And that narrative exists because McDermott's yearly defense can't do squat in the playoffs.  

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is your opinion. Barring the obvious - 13 seconds - I don't agree. 

What about the blown lead against the Texans? Giving up 38 and 42 points in consecutive years to KC when the D was relatively healthy? Or having so much trouble stopping Phillip Rivers and the Colts and needing Josh to be a superhero that day, or almost losing to Skylar Thompson? Or getting shredded by Cincinnati last year? 

McD's defense gets gutted in these big games against top teams on a consistent basis, healthy or not. Like you mentioned for 13 seconds, his in-game coaching is also a problem.

So in your opinion...what is it exactly that McD does bring to the table if his defense that gets a heavy amount of resources can't stop anyone when it matters most, he's not a good in-game manager, and he obviously has a hard time identifying and hiring good coordinators given the evidence of how many he's having to fire? With another ST coordinator firing likely on the way here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

What about the blown lead against the Texans? Giving up 38 and 42 points in consecutive years to KC when the D was relatively healthy? Or having so much trouble stopping Phillip Rivers and the Colts and needing Josh to be a superhero that day, or almost losing to Skylar Thompson? Or getting shredded by Cincinnati last year? 

McD's defense gets gutted in these big games against top teams on a consistent basis, healthy or not. Like you mentioned for 13 seconds, his in-game coaching is also a problem.

So in your opinion...what is it exactly that McD does bring to the table if his defense that gets a heavy amount of resources can't stop anyone when it matters most, he's not a good in-game manager, and he obviously has a hard time identifying and hiring good coordinators given the evidence of how many he's having to fire? With another ST coordinator firing likely on the way here. 

Because a lot of that wasn't on him. This is exactly my point. People reach immediately for coaching. It is the crutch of the fan. Overblame coaching. Underblame player performance. Because it is reassuring "well if we just get rid of this useless coach it will all be better..." I blame McDermott for the things that I really think are his fault. This idea that if you don't think he should be fired you must just be a McDermott homer who defends everything he does is totally wrong. 

Believe me if I thought Sean McDermott was the reason the Bills can't get over the hump I'd have my pitchfork out. I watch the all22 each week I don't, for the most part, see a badly coached football team. Even in  the playoffs - with that one exception. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I probably would, but it isn't going to happen.  I appreciate that he rallied to get to the 2 seed but this guy I don't think ever gets us over the hump.  The right thing to do is embrace Josh Allen and pump high end talent into the offense.  What is likely to happen is most of our resources yet again going to the defense because a lot of these guys we have now are gone.  Get ready for another season of all the best resources going to the defense.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm sick and tired of waiting around (6 years now) for Sean McDermott to build a playoff defense. Media is downgrading Josh's accomplishments because he's expected to score 30-40 points every playoff game.  And that narrative exists because McDermott's yearly defense can't do squat in the playoffs.  

Literally… He gave up 31 just last year to Skylar Thompson in a home playoff game, I’m surprised anybody was actually expecting a win yesterday. 

When I saw him insisting on putting AJ Klein into coverage, rather than just go 3 safety and make Pacheco and the ground game beat you, I knew it was over and there would be no stopping Mahomes. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Because a lot of that wasn't on him. This is exactly my point. People reach immediately for coaching. It is the crutch of the fan. Overblame coaching. Underblame player performance. Because it is reassuring "well if we just get rid of this useless coach it will all be better..." I blame McDermott for the things that I really think are his fault. This idea that if you don't think he should be fired you must just be a McDermott homer who defends everything he does is totally wrong. 

Believe me if I thought Sean McDermott was the reason the Bills can't get over the hump I'd have my pitchfork out. I watch the all22 each week I don't, for the most part, see a badly coached football team. Even in  the playoffs - with that one exception. 

It’s his McDefense that keeps getting embarrassed every single post season. How is it NOT him?

either A-he’s not getting his players prepared to play

or B-the game plan was proper *****

or C-he gets out coached in game and situationally

or McD- all of the above.

Either way, the defense that routinely falls short in big games, and every single post season, over more than half a decade, suffers from one common McDenominator… somewhere along the way come playoff time he’s doing something wrong whether it be preparation, execution or in game adjustments and decision making, he lets the team down… every single year. Josh LITERALLY playing the perfect game wasn’t enough, 13 seconds was too much time for him to do his part, it will never be enough with MiDermott at the wheel. He had his ultimate chance at redemption last night, and he blew it. 

Time to send him back to Carolina.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

• Teddy KGB changed the title to Why can’t McD win with all this ?
1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Heard some stat today that in the history of the NFL there have been 3 seasons where a QB accounted for 50+TDs regular/postseason and didn't make the championship

Allen has 2 of them lol

This right here makes me want to vomit.

You have to change the HC. You just have to.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Did you see the garbage, aging, and slow defense out there?  No team is going deep in the playoffs with that

Offense lost this one, perhaps the defense would have given the opportunity, but the offense didn't afford them the opportunity to blow it.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.