Divisional Playoffs - Chiefs at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Kaa Cee 4 Life said:

Ha! HA! HA!. Don't say I didn't warn you! How the ***** did you lose that game? Same way you lose them all! Choke job! LMAO!

Choke Job?  Get a grip man. The game was back and forth until our kicker did the most Billsy thing. Yeah 15 would have drivin down and probably scored but maybe we could have responded, maybe not. The fact is Buffalo doesn't always choke. 

• Like (+1) 1

Play calling at the end was terrible,  wasting downs running.  This team needs to get some receivers because and get back to passing the ball.  Diggs is not a dog,  almost never shows up in these big playoff games.  The dropped long pass was all on him,  he choked 

Play calling at the end was terrible,  wasting downs running.  This team needs to get some receivers because and get back to passing the ball.  Diggs is not a dog,  almost never shows up in these big playoff games.  The dropped long pass was all on him,  he choked 

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This game is on McDermott and special teams. I don’t know what more to say to Josh but your receivers let you down including your HIM. For as much as Diggs complains he doesn’t produce. 

Josh missed the wide open crosser to Diggs on 2nd and 9 on the last drive. If he hits that, I think we end up winning that game. Other than that, Josh was elite tonight 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

Another year of Josh Allen being wasted.

I'm stoked to see Beane waste the offseason rebuilding the secondary, linebacker core, defensive line, kicker, punter, long snapper, and secondary again.  Anything for the guy who got him his job.  

Edited by Julio Hopkins
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, steven50 said:

Hit the nail on the head. All the threads will be filled with the usual FIRE EVERYONE! Rabal rabal rabal rabal nonsense but the fact is Josh played a great game but he should have thrown the ball to one of the two open underneath guys for the first down. It was a poor decision on his part to swing for the fences.

In terms of why we loss why would Josh even come up?  As usual the team road on his shoulders.  Our defense was high school level tonight.  It was beyond pitiful.  Big drops by receivers who often could not get open.  Special teams playing hurt....?  Why?  We have a coach who we should be thankful got us to contender status but who will never win a super bowl.  Another year with him is a total waste.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I will forever be thankful and grateful for what McDermott helped create here in Buffalo.  But I’m so tired of being outcoached in the playoffs.

I feel like winning relies so heavily on Josh Allen magic and never scheme.

I get that we have been short handed almost criminally short handed.  But when your specialty is defense and you can only force 1 punt a game I just worry that we’ve hit the ceiling with what we have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I said it 3 years ago and it still stands- Josh will go down in history as the greatest QB to never win a superbowl…

He has all the physical skill in the world, but it’s his decision making that is hit or miss…All the greats have it, but Allen just seems to come up a little short in that area…

I still love him, but it is what it is…Go Bills…👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Bills lack proven playmakers outside of Josh. It’s very evident! Offense scored on ONE drive in the 2nd half as KC adjusted and Brady had no response. 

Crucial drops by Diggs and Sherfield that needed and should have been caught! It’s not debatable. 

DL was flat out embarrassing and it needs a complete overhaul. 

On the last drive they got way too conservative worrying about giving the ball back to KC vs go get a TD and win the game.

I fully believe we need to explore the OC position. Everything is so difficult compared to the other playoff teams. Rarely do our WR’s draw interference or holding calls and struggle to get separation.

MCDermott now 5-6 in the playoffs.  Another good season that wasn’t good enough when it mattered. Not sure if a McDermott led team can get over the mental hump!

Bills HAVE to hit at WR and DE in the upcoming draft. 

Solid game by Josh, Kincaid and Shakir offensively. OL was solid

Disappointing games by the entire DL, Diggs and Bass. Will give Martin a pass as he was obviously injured.

The fact that Martin was even active for the game is another coaching failure, in my view.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I just don't undertand why Allen is trying to throw into the endzone with 2 minutes left. That doesn't win you the game. You take the short pass for a FD to Diggs and you work the Chiefs TOs and clock and try to score with about 45 seconds left to take a 4 point lead. 

McDermott should go. I've said it for 2 years. His defense isn't beating any elite QB in the postseason. 

2nd and third down were the worst designed plays . If we are stuck with McDermott than get a good OC. Look what it’s done for baltimore. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I gotta say it...call Belichick or Harbaugh tomorrow. 

Is this loss on McD? No. But you know what? Something big has to change. 

Yeah, we probably get our butt kicked in Baltimore next week. So what. This was an enormous game where too many people came up small.

BTW, Diggs time as a #1 receiver on this team needs to be questioned.

Instead, the Bills are just going to run it back with McD. This is anything but inspiring. People here will continue to defend him and the Bills will likely fall short again and again. 

Not sure why anyone is afraid of change? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

Josh missed the wide open crosser to Diggs on 2nd and 9 on the last drive. If he hits that, I think we end up winning that game. Other than that, Josh was elite tonight 

I don’t blame Josh for going for the homer run he had Shakir just didn’t get enough on it when Jones pushed McGovern back into him but point taken.

22 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If Bass makes the kick, you're giving Mahomes the balls with 1:45 seconds and pretending that you're going to stop him when you've done so once all game. We lost on 3rd down, not 4th.

Well if Bass makes the kick you at least have a chance. Football's a funny game. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I just don't undertand why Allen is trying to throw into the endzone with 2 minutes left. That doesn't win you the game. You take the short pass for a FD to Diggs and you work the Chiefs TOs and clock and try to score with about 45 seconds left to take a 4 point lead. 

McDermott should go. I've said it for 2 years. His defense isn't beating any elite QB in the postseason. 

McDermott should be let go but he will get another year because he can sit back and say my defense was too decimated by injury. 

I don't see anything changing for this team and many other teams in AFC will be better next year.  Its not going to get any easier.

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

The fact that Martin was even active for the game is another coaching failure, in my view.

A massive failure. I really think we need to get rid of McDermott. That's just one more reason to add to the list of why.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.