Allen received NVP award

8 hours ago, balln said:

Yea I remember Dawkins having a wing eating contest for the OL before bengals game… akin to this

dunno- Olympic athletes don’t do this ***** - I guarantee Tom Brady or Peyton manning didn’t do this crap.  It’s 100% , 24/7 focus leading up to competition. 

Lol are you kidding, Olympic villages (the "camps" the athletes stay in during the games) are the most debauched and hedonistic places this side of Caligula's birthday party.

You sound like you'd be a nightmare manager to work under, because people are HUMAN and the stoic 100% of the time serious professional thing is NOT what most people function best with.  You're exhibiting confirmation bias by citing the 2 QBs you believe lived that lifestyle (while hilariously getting the Olympic athletes wrong) and ignoring everyone who didn't.  Counting the hits and ignoring the misses as they say.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

ok, call me 'boomer'. 

I have no idea what that's about. I've seen the Slime Time thing during games, but still don't have any idea what it is. I know it's associated with Nickelodeon somehow. Guessing it has something to do with the NFL introducing the league to kids. (?)

9 hours ago, balln said:

Yea I remember Dawkins having a wing eating contest for the OL before bengals game… akin to this

dunno- Olympic athletes don’t do this ***** - I guarantee Tom Brady or Peyton manning didn’t do this crap.  It’s 100% , 24/7 focus leading up to competition. 

Lighten up, Francis.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/18/2024 at 5:39 PM, balln said:

It's a weekly thing for the Bills:

On 1/18/2024 at 8:39 PM, balln said:

You've never heard the Olympic village stories?  

On 1/19/2024 at 4:57 AM, 1ManRaid said:

Lol are you kidding, Olympic villages (the "camps" the athletes stay in during the games) are the most debauched and hedonistic places this side of Caligula's birthday party.

You sound like you'd be a nightmare manager to work under, because people are HUMAN and the stoic 100% of the time serious professional thing is NOT what most people function best with.  You're exhibiting confirmation bias by citing the 2 QBs you believe lived that lifestyle (while hilariously getting the Olympic athletes wrong) and ignoring everyone who didn't.  Counting the hits and ignoring the misses as they say.

Give him a break, he's 38.  Hasn't lived enough life to learn to relax yet.  

On 1/18/2024 at 7:39 PM, balln said:

Wait - wat? 

I think you're reversing cause and effect on the wing thing.  Saffold said there were "uncharacteristic things" going on in the week leading up to the Cincy game.  The wing party was Dawkins attempt to help guys change their mood and reset for the game.

On 1/19/2024 at 4:49 AM, SoMAn said:

ok, call me 'boomer'. 

I have no idea what that's about. I've seen the Slime Time thing during games, but still don't have any idea what it is. I know it's associated with Nickelodeon somehow. Guessing it has something to do with the NFL introducing the league to kids. (?)

That's exactly it.  Nickelodeon has a Guide to Football, and they broadcast games with their own effects (like a slime explosion after scores.

These "slimelights" give you a pretty good idea.

https://www.nick.com/video/3r0aci/nfl-slimetime-slimelights-from-week-3

They're going to broadcast their own version of the Superbowl:
https://www.nick.com/video/slbdep/nfl-slimetime-it-s-the-actual-super-bowl-on-nickelodeon

And yeah, the whole idea is to help get the young generation more interested in football and teach them about it:

https://www.nick.com/stories/e5355l/nickelodeons-guide-to-football-nfl-slimetime

If kids enjoy it and have fun with it, where's the harm?  The Bills social media team did well with it, the whole thing where they pretended to not know who it was for, and then Kyle got slimed and rubbed his slimy cap on Allen and faceprinted him with slime.  Well played, Bills media!

Sometimes taking a 5 minute fun "break" helps you re-set and focus better, that's why college dorms have ice cream socials and "silent dance parties" and so forth. 

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, chongli said:

Pretty sure "queen city king" actually meant to say "I prompted AI to make this"

We sure have moved the goalposts on what is considered "made" by someone. Now it's so easy a caveman can do it. You don't actually need any talent at all, just a keyboard and an AI subscription.

I know .. off topic. Back on track- 

Oh yeah this thread was just about nickelodeon anyway so no harm done.

NVP? What the hell ever. I don't have a problem with it.

Win the SB MVP Josh it's the only one we wanna see!

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/18/2024 at 9:42 PM, balln said:

I’m 38

Again. They can eat 1000 wings and play w green slime and make Tik tok videos….. if they win .

this team hasn’t won anything. They’ve been to one afccg and lost 

Do you just wake up like this? Every day??? That must be exhausting

I like it when they are loose and having fun. That is when some of the best football comes out. 

Edited by Augie

13 minutes ago, chongli said:

NVP mean Nickelodeon Valuable Player. The award is given each week to the week's best performer, and then one for the entire year.

Was that for the week or the whole year?  This is right up there with the some of the highest honors in professional sport mankind.     

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Irv said:

Was that for the week or the whole year?  This is right up there with the some of the highest honors in professional sport mankind.     

Haha...it was just Super Wild Card Weekend:

Mitch Trubisky won the yearly award in the final week of the 2020 season, in his last season at Chicago:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nvp-nickelodeon-award-49ers-cowboys/17ob4mp6rxht61hpcs91lmjv28

"How did Mitch Trubisky win NVP?

Simply put, Trubisky took home 49 percent of the vote from viewers as the "NVP" against the Saints. The viewers chose him as the winner, and he earned significantly more votes than the two Saints defenders who were in contention for the award."

"The irony, of course, is that Trubisky didn't play very well during the game. He threw for 199 yards and one touchdown while helping guide the Bears to a 21-9 loss. Comparatively, Drew Brees threw for 265 yards and two touchdowns in the win.

Naturally, the Internet had quite a bit of fun with this, and that included the popular NFL stats website Pro Football Reference. They added the NVP award to Trubisky's stats page under the awards section, right next to his one Pro Bowl appearance."

"To his credit, Trubisky took the award in stride. He laughed off receiving it during training camp with his new team, the Bills.

“They just told me and I was like, ‘Oh, cool. Is there like a trophy or something?'” Trubisky said, per Bears Wire. “It was tough, because it was emotional, season just ended, we lost the game. It was a rough game, honestly. And they’re like, ‘You won something.’ I thought they were just messing with me. I was like, ‘What? The NVP sounds like MVP. There’s no way. You can’t win a MVP with a game like that.’ ‘No, the NVP… Nickelodeon Valuable Person, I guess.’ And I was like, ‘How do I qualify for that?’ ‘I don’t know, they voted for you.’ ‘Alright, thank you, I guess.'”"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.