150 dollar Parking for the game

Liberal Bob

Wow. Big corps are impersonal and the heads and shareholders never see the consumers. Just numbers to them. Many issues on its own.

But here the lot owner knows many of the Bills fans, it is an event that binds the community. It sucks, really, to charge that high. No matter what 'market dictates". Capitalism doesn't ALWAYS mean to get the most $$$ every time, excluding all other consideration. 

My first Bills game, I met the owner of a lot at the 7/11, and he invited me to his lot, tailgating with all the fans there that basically camp out for every season opener. I came back each year after that. I hope it's not him! He was a great guy, as were all the peeps there. 

Edited by Jerome007

18 minutes ago, RkFast said:

This bothers me more than Ticketmaster fees. At least there, Im getting something I never had before they were around. Access to any ticket, for any game or show, anytime. Those of us GenXers and older know what getting tixx for events used to be like, especially popular games and concerts. But now I can snap my fingers and have access to anything. So its a lot of $$ but theres a value there. Parking? Putting aside inflation, what am I getting for the parking markup Im paying now that I didnt get before, especially for playoff games? Zero. Same spot, same lot, same everything. Its a straight moneygrab. 

The money grab is the lack of adequate rapid public transportation and the building codes and ordances that require a certain number of parking spots per new construction and the highway system.

Bunch of stuff on YouTube about it.

It's getting to be highway robbery going to these games nowadays.  Everything keeps going up...tickets, parking, concessions.  I've had a lot of fun going to games over the years and have a lot of great memories but once the new stadium opens I AM OUT

It’s price gouging and it’s their right but that pretty crappy to do to fellow bills fans. We couldn’t get in our normal lot but ended up paying $50 so can’t complain too much 

23 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

FYI: Anyone is allowed to park in my driveway for free and walk up to the stadium. 

Side note: I don’t live in Buffalo. 

Will you provide a shuttle?

If you don't like the price then don't pay it. Park somewhere else. I don't understand why this is a topic of discussion. If I lived next to the stadium I'd ask $1000 because it's my house and I can do whatever I want. If you are dumb enough to pay it then that's on you 

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Liberal Bob said:

Yes I could not believe what the parking attendant told me what the cost for parking would be at corner of SW and Abbott rd would be. Yes I understand that a property owner can charge what the market will tolerate but come on talk about screwing Bills fans.

Parking was at a premium with all of the snow but this business took it to bills fans.

Was that the KK food mart? Or the Mobil?  I wouldn’t patronize either of those businesses. 

Cost of parking on lots is something that should really be looked at the cost is getting crazy for what's needed, plus it hinders the development of prime land a lot of times

In fact it incentivizes lack of development, why build something when your only expense can be property tax and whatever you pay for an attendant or two

I saw several houses on Big Tree w $30 and $40 signs, so there were options (and when we rolled by at 11:45 they were wide open). 🤔

I would say that for this game, lot owners had added costs (plowing, shoveling, etc) and lost spots because of all the snow piled up. 🤷‍♂️

$150 is waaay too much though, unless you’re in an RV and there for a few days 🤣🙌

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Maybe the guy charging $150 was catering to Steeler fans.

You know, that's actually not a bad idea.  Quiz the driver in with a random question that only a Bills fan would know the answer to.

Who was the best punter during the drought?

Name one TBD whipping boy from the last five years.  (I would guess this year's is Von?)

Who was the K-Gun named after?

Who was the linebacker on the Miami Dolphins that gave Bills fans the finger during the 90s?

Did OJ really do it?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.