Best Players to not win an MVP

Wizard

Jerry "Freakin" Rice never won a regular season MVP.

Drew Brees, Randy Moss, and Roger Staubach did not either.

Yes, the Super Bowl win and SB MVP is most important.

Still, I am wondering who can honestly vote for Lamar Jackson to win a 2nd MVP when Josh Allen is significantly more valuable than Lamar.

And, it is just criminal if Lamar had 2 MVP's when the two best WR's (imo) did not win one combined in Rice and Moss.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

13 wins in 16 games is enough for Lamar to beat out Josh for MVP.  That and too many turnovers for Josh.  Lamar can have the MVP as long as Josh is Super Bowl MVP.

Wins aren't a QB stat, even though people like to act like they are. Similar to people always saying it's "QB vs QB"... People are just way to enamored with QBs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh could throw 50 tds but if he has 15 ints the world comes to an end as we know it.  Plus what moron decided the mvp voting ends at week 18.  Just more dumb nonsensical stuff.

You have to end it at the regular season. It's a regular season award.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Wins aren't a QB stat, even though people like to act like they are. Similar to people always saying it's "QB vs QB"... People are just way to enamored with QBs.

They actually are.  Open the link & for the year by year career stats, it lists QBrec, Quarterback Record

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

15 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Jerry "Freakin" Rice never won a regular season MVP.

Drew Brees, Randy Moss, and Roger Staubach did not either.

Yes, the Super Bowl win and SB MVP is most important.

Still, I am wondering who can honestly vote for Lamar Jackson to win a 2nd MVP when Josh Allen is significantly more valuable than Lamar.

And, it is just criminal if Lamar had 2 MVP's when the two best WR's (imo) did not win one combined in Rice and Moss.

Especially since Allen's 2020 season was better in every way than Lamar's 2019 season where he was unanimous MVP and Allen lost our to an Aaron Rodgers all time season.

It was and always is anybody but Josh.  Half the people hyped up over Josh this year are out of the playoffs.  The other half haven't played yet.  Wouldn't shock me if Lamar was 1 and done again either.  Is what it is.  I dont even really care.  I want a SB.  3 to go baby!

Edited by Scott7975

48 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh could throw 50 tds but if he has 15 ints the world comes to an end as we know it.  Plus what moron decided the mvp voting ends at week 18.  Just more dumb nonsensical stuff.

For fairness to those who were pipped at the end of the season? Guy could be average, go on a tear and win SB. Philly just did it with Foles. 

Allen hasn’t won it since 2020. These past 4 seasons are all reasonable cases that should qualify him for MVP at least once. Hasn’t happened. Let’s focus on the SB’s and SBMVPs instead. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.