Play of the game?

Whilst it could be argued that a few other moments were possibly more important, for sheer enjoyment, it's one of two for me.

The Josh 52 yard run or the Shakir TD.

The run was monstrous, and fun, so I'm giving it to that

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The three you mentioned are the biggest candidates, but...the Elam pick wins it for me.

Not only did it keep 7 off the board for the Steelers, I think it was also a huge confidence builder for Elam. A turning point in his day. He was getting absolutely picked on on that drive, and rather than "throw it to whoever Elam's covering" being the edict of the day for the remainder of the game, Kaiir said "I can do this", and acquitted himself reasonably well the rest of the game.

Massive play at a huge moment in the game.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 1

The play of the game goes to the 12th man. The articles I read, things I heard on radio, and broadcast of the game, hats off to my city of Buffalo and Bills fans that can go in person!

It truly is impressive!

No game without its city and fans!

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Logic said:

The three you mentioned are the biggest candidates, but...the Elam pick wins it for me.

Not only did it keep 7 off the board for the Steelers, I think it was also a huge confidence builder for Elam. A turning point in his day. He was getting absolutely picked on on that drive, and rather than "throw it whoever Elam's covering" being the edict of the day for the remainder of the game, Kaiir said "I can do this", and acquitted himself reasonably well the rest of the game.

May be a turning point in elam’s career! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Not only did it keep 7 off the board for the Steelers, I think it was also a huge confidence builder for Elam. A turning point in his day. He was getting absolutely picked on on that drive, and rather than "throw it to whoever Elam's covering" being the edict of the day for the remainder of the game, Kaiir said "I can do this", and acquitted himself reasonably well the rest of the game.

I’m not sure about all that.  They kept targeting him all day with success.

Every time the defense made a play we benefited with points. That was the difference. Excellent team game. Previous games we’ve not done much with them. 

Pickens fumble and Elam’s INT were it. Could have added Freirmuth no-fumble in there too. Defense played legit, especially with injuries, while Josh and the gang followed up with some absolute haymakers to put the game to bed via Khalil and 17’s angry runs. 

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Elam’s INT

I’ll agree.  I think it’s a small step to giving him some confidence.  He almost had a 2nd one as well.  And while he did give up a TD, I think he played better in the 2nd half

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Shakir TD was top 5 play in the league this year. 

Add what it meant in that moment of the game, and it’s arguably top 2, and I’m just adding some sand as I can’t  think of what other play would be better. 

That was “we were lucky to get to see it” good. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.