Injuries vs Steelers - Update from McDermott

DJB

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

did we go after Rudolph, like send enough guys?  The Steelers OL is a bit underrated.  Looked like we rushed 4 most of the game, but I'm not sure (had to "watch" the second half on the radio while driving kids to lax practice).    

I worry about giving Mahomes too much time.  But a coverage sack could work.  Perhaps some delayed blitzes where we drop Williams, then send him?  

The Bills blitzed only eight times in 44 dropbacks (per the Buffalo News).

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

The Bills blitzed only eight times in 44 dropbacks (per the Buffalo News).

yep  and didn't Buffalo give the NFL the Chiefs blueprint a few years ago by not blitzing Mahommes at all?

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Brand J said:

Chiefs fans say the Raiders ran a 5-2-4 and beat up their OL all game. They don’t think Buffalo has the horses up front to replicate that success, namely one Maxx Crosby. 

Then use more DTs and get your hands up to bat passes down. 

The Bills couldn't get Rudolph on the ground. 

Clearly their OTs are the weakest links of their offensive line. 

14 minutes ago, wjag said:

yep  and didn't Buffalo give the NFL the Chiefs blueprint a few years ago by not blitzing Mahommes at all?

Just play off every WR 29-yards. 

That should work. 

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Then use more DTs and get your hands up to bat passes down. 

The Bills couldn't get Rudolph on the ground. 

Clearly their OTs are the weakest links of their offensive line. 

Just play off every WR 29-yards. 

That should work. 

yeah because the bills haven't won 3 of the last 4 time they have played..

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think Taron being limited is a good sign... I think that means he is fairly far along in the concussion protocol.

Man, this is going to be a nail-biting week. Having Douglas, Dodson, and Johnson back would be fantastic. If they're the only three we get back, that still really helps.

Would really like to see Benford and Rapp back as well, if possible—anything to keep Lewis and Elam on the sidelines as much as possible. I doubt we'll see Bernard, but man that would be great if he could go.

Edited by Rubes
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think Taron being limited is a good sign... I think that means he is fairly far along in the concussion protocol.

Yup...stage 3 or 4 of the protocol...

theres a chance.png

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Why do people exaggerate and make stuff up

i. Sure it hurt a lot worse being that cold but I didn’t see anything “bad” on the fall

I agree. Hearing people say his leg was hanging, broke in half, etc... when I saw it I just thought he rolled his ankle

Edited by Herc11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Man, this is going to be a nail-biting week. Having Douglas, Dodson, and Johnson back would be fantastic. If they're the only three we get back, that still really helps.

Would really like to see Benford and Rapp back as well, if possible—anything to keep Lewis and Elam on the sidelines as much as possible. I doubt we'll see Bernard, but man that would be great if he could go.

Worst part about 2 less days' rest than KC, seems like with an extra day or two a lot of these guys could be back

I think what can make some of these personnel calls tough on game day is not only can player X start, but how durable will they be, and at what % of healthy level are the playing at?

Probably the last thing you want to do is tie up a game day roster spot, and somebody's ankle swells up after just one series, and they have to come out..now you've put a lot of pressure on their limited  backups who may also be filling a special teams slot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Weird a bunch of people told me I was a fool that Bernard could possibly play this week after it was announced it was a sprain. 

6 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Worst part about 2 less days' rest than KC, seems like with an extra day or two a lot of these guys could be back

So you are calling for roads closed day and a Monday playoff game again?

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Weird a bunch of people told me I was a fool that Bernard could possibly play this week after it was announced it was a sprain. 

Usually when they call you a fool they think you are like them and think it is a complement.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.