Injuries vs Steelers - Update from McDermott

DJB

2 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Taron being out would be a huge loss, it’s still possible he could get cleared in time though. There were a couple of guys that got concussions this year and had short turnarounds and then played less than a week later. So it can happen

He is the one to watch. If we had a full week I'd be confident he would play. A short week makes me more nervy. I just think with him and Bernard out the level of athleticism in the middle our D takes a major hit. Williams can fly around but he is still a bit too rash and raw, and then Klein, Cam Lewis, Neal, even Dodson if healthy.... you lose a bit of burst at that level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Punch said:

This. He cannot make his NFL debut in this spot, especially after missing two whole seasons. There were already questions about his ability to hold due to inexperience.

It's a recipe for disaster in the Divisional Round of the AFC Playoffs against the Kansas City Chiefs, for crying out loud!

I don't think it (Matt A)will happen but what if Allen holds for FGs

Pat O’Donnell as I mentioned above is probably the best veteran avalable. Was a surprise cut in camp. 

Haack has been mentioned. Another lefty they have been around before and is a free agent is Michael Palardy, neither of these guys are ideal in my opinion. 

Drue Chrisman is out there, young, but has some experience and was good for Cincy at times. Got hurt in camp and lost his job, but they drafted his replacement the year before anyway. 

Young guys Araiza and guys like Michael Turk are available but have not taken a regular season snap yet. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Been busy with work all day.  I skimmed a few pages but didn’t see anything concrete.  Except Bernard’s X-rays negative (could be a two week injury) and Spector has a back injury that is basically just pain management 

It is not just pain management for additional hits or moving wrong way could cause more damage causing recovery to take longer or require surgery if it does not need it now.

4 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I don't think it (Matt A)will happen but what if Allen holds for FGs

I think Kyle Allen has some experience holding for FGs, saw a picture of him doing it, but not sure if he has every done it in a game.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Toledo Bill said:

Bass is having enough problems… hope replacement punter is an experienced holder which I don’t think the Punt God is.

Also, for the playoffs do you want a 1st time punter who literally has never kicked in a regular season game?  I would much rather have an experienced kicker who has been there, and has a lot of experience holding.  Would rather sacrifice a few yards if it comes to that for consistency and experience.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

I just saw the PFF grades for the Steelers game.  O'Cyrus vs. Chris Jones is a bit scary, suspect we will see a lot of Murray or Lenny helping the O Line.

Lenny was cut unfortunately .

And if the Bills are smart we double Jones with Morse and a guard each snap

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, stevewin said:

Also, for the playoffs do you want a 1st time punter who literally has never kicked in a regular season game?  I would much rather have an experienced kicker who has been there, and has a lot of experience holding.  Would rather sacrifice a few yards if it comes to that for consistency and experience.

Whomever it is he needs to be here fast to work with special teams.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Whomever it is he needs to be here fast to work with special teams.

Araiza did spend a training camp practicing holding kicks for t bass. he got cut after week one of preseason after working with bass for a while. I'd be surprised if he was the choice as the team seems to favor veteran experience. 

28 minutes ago, phypon said:

"was an professional football player".  "An" professional???  "An"?  Hmmm...That was an hysterical use of the Inglesh language.  Article lost me right there.  I'm gong to have a shot now.  Space Ghost...

You may want to go over your own messages and check spellings before criticizing others.

Just saying.

(And yes, the "an" drove me nuts too.) 

37 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Been busy with work all day.  I skimmed a few pages but didn’t see anything concrete.  Except Bernard’s X-rays negative (could be a two week injury) and Spector has a back injury that is basically just pain management 

also seems like Douglas and Dodson have decent chances of playing.  

Any someone post any updates on Taron, Benford and McGovern?

Taron will have to set a new PR for getting out of CP but he has been quick before 

Benford is a torn meniscus. May just be pain management 

mcgovern went back in the game I think and seems fine?

6 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Anyone have any Martin updates?  This is significant 

He’s out

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.