Hard balls

Stroke 17

All day, all week in fact the experts on all the NFL talk shows keep talking about the football being so hard when the game is played in frigid temps. You know, its like catching a stone, kicking a cinder block too slick to handle. Tired of it,

So I ask, during rain games a ball boy has the job to keep drying and  rotating dry balls into the game for better handling. In fact the referees sometimes holds a towel over the ball until the offense breaks the huddle. In the year 2024 why not have the same ball boys rotate balls kept in a warming device so at least this part of the game isn't affected. They do bring in special balls for kicking, why keep them out in the cold.

Jeez, even my pizza delivery guy has such a heater. Guess the NFL, the players and the talking heads would rather talk about it than fix it.

Cold balls, warm balls, ice balls whatever, please Bills bring the big Ba**s and kick the squealers in their soft Ba**s.

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

He's saying you keep them in a heating device, maybe every 2 snaps bring in a new one out of the oven.  The oven keeps them say at 70 deg.

I would think the rapidly changing and potential uneven temperature of the ball would cause more issues than what they are trying to prevent.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

You could easily implement a system where you have the "oven" on the sideline keeping the balls warm.

And a few kids operating the system.  After EVERY play, the ball works its way off the field and into the rotation, going into the oven.  And after EVERY play, a new, warm ball works its way onto the field to be spotted and used in the next play.

This is not as complicated as it might sound.  The NFL still does a LOT of stuff stupidly.  They are stuck in the past with a lot of this type of thing.  

And as we all know, you gotta keep your balls warm, especially in cold weather. 

And my balls are always bouncing
My ballroom always full
And everybody comes and comes again
If your name is on the guest list
No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got
Great balls of fire

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Balls: When they’re too tough for them, they’re just right for us!

Where would you rather have your balls than right here right now! 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.