The pass to Johnson at the end of the first half...

eball

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I had no issues with the throw. He got tackled at the 1. It was a good effort all around.

I think if Josh leads him by about 2 more feet he scores. I have no problem with the decision to throw it. And as stated it was a clear helmet to helmet and ball at 6 inch line. Josh scores on the next play about 90% likely. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

I think if Josh leads him by about 2 more feet he scores. I have no problem with the decision to throw it. And as stated it was a clear helmet to helmet and ball at 6 inch line. Josh scores on the next play about 90% likely. 

No time for a next play though.  No time outs.

I feel a dive over the defender with arms stretched out gets the score, if it gets fumbled before it hits the line then it gets fumbled but he tried to lower his helmet instead and got put to the ground

Edited by motorj

5 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Can't tell you how annoyed I was at that McD comment.

You're the head coach. You can't call a play with multiple guys running routes short of the EZ and then blame the QB when he throws it to one of them. 

Par for the course for our HC that never accepts personal responsibility on mistakes. 

The thing is McDermott isn’t calling plays on offense so not sure how he gets the blame there. So either they told Josh to throw it away if primary target wasn’t open which resulted in McDermott being pissed. Can’t imagine Johnson was ever supposed to be targeted there. So even though he was open can’t risk it in that part of the field. Points are at a premium come playoff time and if we lost game Josh would have gotten the blame and rightfully so. Allen is going to need to take his game to another level if team is going to win a Superbowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You know meatloaf I didn’t think about it before but how big is the loss of Chad Hall as WR coach? 

🤔 Maybe more than we thought about. Seems like so many mistakes on Hot routes and scrambling drills. Maybe they think his arm can always get it to him, but it would be nice if receivers helped him out from time to time. when I watch these games, it appears our play design as some of the worst in the league or certainly the implementation of it.

• Agree 1

A lot of stuff went uncalled in this game: I generally prefer that to the alternative. On the play in question , I believe Josh thought Ty would be able to break the plane. I don’t recall a receiver actually in the EZ, so I guess a throwaway and 3 point try was the better choice. 

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

I don’t think there was gonna be a next play as the time expired. 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

A lot of stuff went uncalled in this game: I generally prefer that to the alternative. On the play in question , I believe Josh thought Ty would be able to break the plane. I don’t recall a receiver actually in the EZ, so I guess a throwaway and 3 point try was the better choice. 

I think what @QLBillsFanwas driving at is if the helmet to helmet penalty was called and since a half can’t end on a defensive penalty, the Bills would have been able to run one last play. However, the ball would not have been marked at the “six inch line” because the penalty yardage would have been marked off from the line of scrimmage.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Penalty gives Bills 1 more play.

16 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes but penalty if called property, Bills get one more play.

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think what @QLBillsFanwas driving at is if the helmet to helmet penalty was called and since a half can’t end on a defensive penalty, the Bills would have been able to run one last play. However, the ball would not have been marked at the “six inch line” because the penalty yardage would have been marked off from the line of scrimmage.

Hmm why would it not be spotted from the half yard line ? As TJ caught the ball at that point. If an extra down why would the Bills lose yardage. It’s not like it’s a 5 yard Offside. I think it would go from where the Bills had possession and marked from that spot. 

17 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Penalty gives Bills 1 more play.

Yes but penalty if called property, Bills get one more play.

Hmm why would it not be spotted from the half yard line ? As TJ caught the ball at that point. If an extra down why would the Bills lose yardage. It’s not like it’s a 5 yard Offside. I think it would go from where the Bills had possession and marked from that spot. 

Because the penalty for a helmet to helmet hit is 15 yards and not at the spot of the foul. Since the line of scrimmage was the 11 yard line the penalty would be half the distance to the goal and the Bills would have one more play from the five yard line. 

• Disagree 3

21 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Because the penalty for a helmet to helmet hit is 15 yards and not at the spot of the foul. Since the line of scrimmage was the 11 yard line the penalty would be half the distance to the goal and the Bills would have one more play from the five yard line. 

Yup got ya. So FG. 

8 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

I have not seen it announced anywhere but has Baker been given a fine yet for the hit?

I think the NFL typically announces fines on the following Saturday.

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I had no issues with the throw. He got tackled at the 1. It was a good effort all around.

The issue that McDermott and others have is that if Allen threw it away there would be time for a field goal and at least go into the half 14-10

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think the NFL typically announces fines on the following Saturday.

The issue that McDermott and others have is that if Allen threw it away there would be time for a field goal and at least go into the half 14-10

I'm going to take a different approach here beck... And say I don't even have a problem with the tackle

Everybody is clamoring for a penalty....

I'm sure there is helmet helmet contact.. but there is on every play...

For their positioning and momentum I don't think it really warrants a penalty

I would be furious if Micah Hyde got called for that

He doesn't lead with the crown of his helmet and they both lower their head into contact... This is a division title on the line and the boys were physical

Josh Is 100% coached endzone or out of bounds... But man when you're given that... So close to being a touchdown

In division 1 that is a touchdown... 

The speed of the NFL man... What a great game

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm more disappointed in Ty for running such a shallow route. It should've been deeper putting him at the goal-line on contact. At least giving him a chance to extend the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Had he dropped the ball, yes, but he caught it. The call would have been an unsportsmanlike penalty and would have been tacked on in addition to the yardage gained, not an "either or".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

McD wasted the TO and then he has the nerve to throw Josh under the bus during the mini sideline interview with the reporter chick as McD was jogging off field for halftime!!!

I am pro-McD... BUT that interview had me screaming like a MoFo at the TV!!  Man up McD and blame yourself too for bad clock management!!!

What a rat McD was. Thank God Josh is chill and doesn't dwell on that shi...

TheDudeAbides_JA17version.thumb.jpg.a314f23865701d72da7863613874bef5.jpg

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.