Garrett Wilson frustrated with Jets, especially Hackett

Sestak4ever

20 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Will feel like that here on SUN for the Steelers so get’r done Beane. 

Wilson's season is over.  Comp him a game ticket.  The PA system can play 'Renegade', and Wilson can wave the cape.

EDIT:  Have him bring the 'other' Wilson.  A lot of Mafia babes might appeal to Zach.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

I think Aaron Rodgers likes having a terrible OC like Hackett because if he can win with him, it makes him look that much better, it’s all ego with that guy. Hackett is an absolute embarrassment of a coach!! Seriously bad as it gets. 
Great for the Bills though, I’m not sure even A Rod can win with him 😂

Edited by 0017

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

First he ruined EJ! Then he killed Russell Wilson. Now he’s murdering Garrett Wilson, who’s awesome! 

the amount of crappy coaches who keep getting hired is embarrassing. 

Hackett is a perfect example of having friends in the right places.   I am sure he knows football, and is probably fine a Quality Control coach, but the guy has had a rocket strapped to his back in terms of getting OC jobs way too soon.    He was given the OC job here after only 1 year on NFL coaching experience and has been an OC or head coach in the NFL all but two years since then. 

Between his Dad, Doug Marrone, and Aaron Rodgers he's built an entire career based solely on nepotism.       Its good to know the right people, even if you're clearly bad at your job.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, wppete said:

I’m surprised Salah still has a job. I guess it’s good for us he is still the Jets HC.

I think he is a solid coach and his specialty, defense, has been really good there. He got failed by Wilson and depending on a 40 year qb. If they had middle of road qb play, they would have made a playoff push. 

2 hours ago, 0017 said:

I think Aaron Rodgers likes having a terrible OC like Hackett because if he can win with him, it makes him look that much better, it’s all ego with that guy. Hackett is an absolute embarrassment of a coach!! Seriously bad as it gets. 
Great for the Bills though, I’m not sure even A Rod can win with him 😂

Rodgers just wants to have control over everything. Hackett probably lets him do whatever he wants and laughs at his weird thoughts. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

First he ruined EJ! Then he killed Russell Wilson. Now he’s murdering Garrett Wilson, who’s awesome! 

the amount of crappy coaches who keep getting hired is embarrassing. 

It is pretty amazing how many just down right terrible coaches in this league get rehired over and over only to be terrible at their jobs on yet another team, and yet get hire again…, 

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

It is pretty amazing how many just down right terrible coaches in this league get rehired over and over only to be terrible at their jobs on yet another team, and yet get hire again…, 

And I get it because I guess I’d want to work with my friends (and we would definitely get in a fight at some point).  But this is why the nfl hiring is messed up. The coaches being hired aren’t necessary the best ones. There are plenty of college/ lower tier nfl guys who would be much better than Hackett who just don’t get the chance. 

seems like a good guy but he is a garbage NFL OC and it has been proven over and over again. There are a lot of really qualified guys who never get the opportunity to fail once because they aren’t friends with the right people. But I guess that’s life,

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Hackett is a perfect example of having friends in the right places.   I am sure he knows football, and is probably fine a Quality Control coach, but the guy has had a rocket strapped to his back in terms of getting OC jobs way too soon.    He was given the OC job here after only 1 year on NFL coaching experience and has been an OC or head coach in the NFL all but two years since then. 

Between his Dad, Doug Marrone, and Aaron Rodgers he's built an entire career based solely on nepotism.       Its good to know the right people, even if you're clearly bad at your job.

When Marrone first named Hackett his OC I questioned it. I felt he would have been suited as a QB coach and we should have taken a proven NFL OC.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

When Marrone first named Hackett his OC I questioned it. I felt he would have been suited as a QB coach and we should have taken a proven NFL OC.

I know EJ wouldn’t have made it way. But he got Hackett, fresh from Cuse, as both his OC and Qb coach his rookie year. Awful.

To me Hackett is the lynch pin for Jets offensive failure.  It's incredible to me he skated so relatively unscathed this year.  Guess we'll see how he does as Rodger's asst next year

I am still wondering who the third contestant should be for

'NFL Coaches and Assistants Jeopardy':

1. Hackett

2. Payton

3. 🤔

Hell, 'NY Jets Coaches' could be a category.  Take quite a few questions to run through that Rogues Gallery.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

10 hours ago, stevewin said:

To me Hackett is the lynch pin for Jets offensive failure.  It's incredible to me he skated so relatively unscathed this year.  Guess we'll see how he does as Rodger's asst next year

If it wasn't for Rodgers, he would have been canned already. Rodgers wants him there for some reason. It's very similar to how Manning made Gase look good. But without Manning we all saw how Gase sucked. Same here with Rodgers and Hackett.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.