Kurt Warner - Very good breakdown of Josh Allen’s play agains the Fins

BuffaloBill

45 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Wow, on that uncalled-DPI play to Knox, Josh initially had Cook in the flat (Warner thinks it's a walk in TD if thrown promptly, I don't see it or he should know)

But OK- behind Knox, Kincaid was SCREAMINGLY WIDE open. 

Sheesh.

Its actually Reggie that's open to the flat, do I want Josh throwing to the fullback unless hes wide, not sure, but there were multiple options available for Josh and the play was a good one against that coverage.

Josh doesn't like throwing it to the flat when it's tight.  Like we used to see Tom Brady hit those tight flat plays so often, he had it down to a science.  Later in the video you  see Josh passing up the flat route on 4th and 2 on a tight flat throw, I just don't think he feels comfortable throwing it.

Just my 2 cents from all the years of watching him.

Edited by bouds

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, it’s as if it never happened, it is troubling that Joshes best performances as a QB have been when he plays that way, and he doesn’t seem to acknowledge it, and its like no-one points this out to him…, oh well.

GO BILLS!!!

If this is really the case, then it's on the coaching. Maybe they've tried to do it for 15-25 minutes in some games, and had to abandon because it went horribly. 

36 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Warner literally in this video: "That's the beautiful thing about Josh Allen. There isnt a thing he cant do."

Bills Fans: Why is Kurt Warner so mean to Josh!?!

"I want Kurt Warner to only breakdown film on his successful completions.  When should I get analysis on Allen's 29 completions?"

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Daboll couldn’t produce a rush attack to save his life. I’m confused because everybody hated this guy when he was here and now everyone wants him back if he ever becomes available. 

His sainthood is overboard but the offense was far more consistent, creative, and dynamic with Daboll. With Dorsey the offense clearly regressed in those areas and was incredibly predictable. The Bills rushing attack with Daboll was 8th in 2019, 19th in 2020, and 6th in 2021 so that is kind of a weird angle to pick.  The biggest credit with Daboll was he seemed to settle Josh down in 2020 and 2021 in way that truly limited his mistakes or goofball mistakes. Before and after those years Josh has had more of those highs and lows and I think that is the big thing people look at was what he managed to do there.

People are too polarized in their take on the breakdown.  Let’s be clear, Josh is without a doubt one of the best quarterback talents of all time.  The only things missing on his resume are:

* Hopefully multiple Lombardi trophies but at least one

* To overcome his demons in overtime where he is 0-6.

Josh has improved every year.  All warner is pointing out in this analysis is that the chance for “better” now comes in the form of very slight changes that should be easy for Josh and the Bills to make.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

"I want Kurt Warner to only breakdown film on his successful completions.  When should I get analysis on Allen's 29 completions?"

Again does Kurt break down every qb's 3-4 "wrong" decisions each week (including where they completed a 40 yard pass or where an obvious PI wasn't called)?  I already spend too much time here and don't have the time to watch everyone of Kurt's videos🤣😉

Edited by Billsfan1972

I have to wonder if there is always a hot route? I understand the concept but I wonder if every designed play has a hot route. Clearly on the sack Shakir could have read that blitz and did a quick in route for a first down. I think if you are leaving a back in to block and only sending 4 out in pass patterns Mayne the concept us to let the routes develop thinking you have an extra blocker. 

Regardless Warner is right. Josh had some misses in the first half. 

23 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again does Kurt break down every qb's 3-4 "wrong" decisions each week (including where they completed a 40 yard pass or where an obvious PI wasn't called)?  I already spend too much time here and don't have the time to watch everyone of Kurt's videos🤣😉

I just can't honestly believe the hypersensitivity you have.  Do you think he is out to get Allen or something?

Seriously, this has been answered but again, you do your normal thing and play oblivious or something.  This video is to answer questions on the struggles the Bills are having.  Why is this so hard?

Here's proof Warner HATES Mahomes.  He critiqued his game with a few negatives therefore, he hates Mahomes.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just can't honestly believe the hypersensitivity you have.  Do you think he is out to get Allen or something?

Seriously, this has been answered but again, you do your normal thing and play oblivious or something.  This video is to answer questions on the struggles the Bills are having.  Why is this so hard?

Here's proof Warner HATES Mahomes.  He critiqued his game with a few negatives therefore, he hates Mahomes.

How about you take a breath, before you spout nonesense everytime I post.  You made a comment questioning me after I admitted I did not play organized football when I questioned the play.  Baldy confirmed both plays (ints) and now you're butt hurt I called you out?

And no I do not watch Kurt's breakdowns but did on you insistence and found it interesting that while almost every play there maybe better (or missed) options he failed to note that Knox was interfered with (though 100% there were better options) and that he threw a beautiful ball to Diggs that Diggs read properly and no chance for the coverage to defend it.

BTW I'm done..... Bills won and let's hope the same (W's) the next 4.

Edited by Billsfan1972

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How about you take a breath, before you spout nonesense everytime I post.  You made a comment questioning me after I admitted I did not play organized football when I questioned the play.  Baldy confirmed both plays (ints) and now you're butt hurt I called you out?

And no I do not watch Kurt's breakdowns but did on you insistence and found it interesting that while almost every play there maybe better (or missed) options he failed to note that Knox was interfered with (though 100% there were better options) and that he threw a beautiful ball to Diggs that Diggs read properly and no chance for the coverage to defend it.

What did Baldy confirm?  

We all knew that you didn't play football or you're an athlete.  I have never played tennis and I don't argue about it...because I don't know about the game.

That's you and football.

• Vomit 1

Warner shows one example after another of why we miss a guy like Beasley so much. Nobody was better at pre and post snap reads and finding open areas quickly for Josh. He was always an option and we need a player who can make the hot reads like that. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The Bills faced a combination of Josh being a bit too fast on reads in some cases, in others he was not presented with good options.

Thought this was an excellent explanation and balanced by Warner.  The Bills were beating themselves. Then they adjusted.

Kurt Warner is my spirit animal.  Brief, complete and accurate analysis.

Love it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

Are hot reads on Josh or the WR or on the scheme? Because Warner was blaming not having a good hot read to counteract the pressure.

Both. And they are built into the scheme. Warner was correct in saying Josh’s options were too slow in uncovering. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

If this is really the case, then it's on the coaching. Maybe they've tried to do it for 15-25 minutes in some games, and had to abandon because it went horribly. 

I don’t know why, if I did I would be a richer man…, 😁👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.