What Changes Would You Expect If Steelers Win?

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I happen to think your very question in the thread is 100% valid. I didn't see it as negative, disrespectful, or condescending. It's kind of the elephant in the room scenario. 

I mean did anyone hear Josh Allen after the game. He flat out said the AFC division title is nice but it's not the goal. It's about moving on and beating Pitt. Progressing towards the SB. 

Yes, the team went on a great run to accomplish the AFC title. However, losing to a vastly inferior Pitt team at home would be demoralizing and almost disastrous. Truthfully, I don't even want to go here. Thus, the elephant in the room. 

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I made the thread. Thank you for thinking and responding like a rational human being. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't think this is the case. It's really difficult to hate or dislike McD the person. I won't go into detail but it's pretty clear he's a man of religion and character. Sure seems to be a compassionate man. 

I think the McD dissenters comes from his playoff blunders, Xs and Os mistakes, and not getting the team to the SB. 

Both are vastly different criteria. No Bills fan in there right mind would advocate for a loss on Sunday for the reason of disliking McD. 

I think your post is really disturbing. Slinging mud to sling it has no place here. 

Go Bills!!!

Hi. 

I appreciate your optimism, and you have the caveat "Bills fan" and "in their right mind", but don't tell people they're slinging mud to sling it for saying "I think there is a portion of TBD that hate McDermott so much that they want a loss on Sunday.", when some of us have legit seen that sentiment expressed either here, or by forum members in their Twitter or X or other social media.  I mean, you can say "well they're not Bills fans then" or "well they're cray cray then" but it's been indicated.

2 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I made the thread. Thank you for thinking and responding like a rational human being. 

You do realize that rational human beings can have a different viewpoint, and feel that discussing what happens if the Bills lose when the game hasn't even been played yet is negativistic bull****? 

I mean, yeah, you think it's something worth discussing and it's your right as a board member to start whatever discussion thread you want, but other rational human beings can think it's defeatist ca ca, and that's their right too.

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Hi. 

I appreciate your optimism, and you have the caveat "Bills fan" and "in their right mind", but don't tell people they're slinging mud to sling it for saying "I think there is a portion of TBD that hate McDermott so much that they want a loss on Sunday.", when some of us have legit seen that sentiment expressed either here, or by forum members in their Twitter or X or other social media.  I mean, you can say "well they're not Bills fans then" or "well they're cray cray then" but it's been indicated.

You do realize that rational human beings can have a different viewpoint, and feel that discussing what happens if the Bills lose when the game hasn't even been played yet is negativistic bull****? 

I mean, yeah, you think it's something worth discussing and it's your right as a board member to start whatever discussion thread you want, but other rational human beings can think it's defeatist ca ca, and that's their right too.

I see it much differently than you but I respect your viewpoint. 

Not sure why it's bothersome or negative to talk about if the Bills losing and it's ramifications. 

Yet, I'm fairly certain you would welcome with open arms a thread that talks about the Bills winning and the next step in the playoffs. 

Both topics are appropriate to discuss, elaborate, and illicit opinions. 

I do stand by my previous statement of slinging mud. It was a cheap shot at McD dissenters with no proof whatsoever to an outlandish claim.

I just can't fathom a Bills fan desiring a loss to Pitt for the sake of McD. That's just unreasonable and a huge thinking error. Anyone who takes this viewpoint at TBD please come forward. Let's see who you are and how many. Let's get some proof. 

Edited by newcam2012

4 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Thank you for your comprehensive response! (How've you been sleeping lately?) 😊

Funny you asked, my sleep schedule has SUCKED lately! Need to start taking some Melatonin or something 😅

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Hi. 

Lol okay man. 

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't think this is the case. It's really difficult to hate or dislike McD the person. I won't go into detail but it's pretty clear he's a man of religion and character. Sure seems to be a compassionate man. 

I think the McD dissenters comes from his playoff blunders, Xs and Os mistakes, and not getting the team to the SB. 

Both are vastly different criteria. No Bills fan in there right mind would advocate for a loss on Sunday for the reason of disliking McD. 

I think your post is really disturbing. Slinging mud to sling it has no place here. 

Go Bills!!!

I’m always a bit perplexed by the ‘not getting a team to the Super Bowl in 6 years requires firing’ point…look at John harbaugh. The guy has won one in 16 years

Look at Mike Tomlin…hasn’t sniffed the Super Bowl in 14 years and won one in 17 total years 

Kyle shanahan has been to one superbowl in 6 years and also had an epic collapse as OC of the falcons

McCarthy hasn’t been to one in the last 12 years and has 1 in 25 years coaching 

Reid has won 2 in 24 years(unless offensive assistant counts) 

that’s the longer tenured guys in the playoff field and they’ve won 5 superbowls in like 90 years coaching 😂. That’s an average of 1 win every 18 years or so 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

No changes the Buffalo Bills are 4 time AFC East champions. The Bills aren’t firing anyone when they are four time AFC East champions in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The goal is the Lombardi. Winning the division is nice but we should be past this now. At minimum they "should" get to the AFCCG. I don't know if they can beat the Ravens in Baltimore as that would be a tough game. But they "should" get there. If they are lucky enough to host the AFCCG then they "should" get to the Super Bowl with a decent shot at winning it.

9 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Did Sean McDermott write this? Kinda sounds like you need to take a little bit of a step back from things.

Chill out man. I totally expect the Bills to win. I've acknowledged what this team has accomplished in numerous, probably repetitive posts over the last several weeks. It's a valid question to consider if we are shockingly upset. Also worth remembering that nothing we say or do here on a message board has any impact whatsoever on anything involving this team. Nobody here is undermining anything this team has accomplished at all.

Just seems like an odd time for the post. 

What I would want to see honestly is a HC change if that happened.  I am back on the McD train after faltering after the Denver game.  This HC has showed me something enough to get back on it.  That was great head coaching over the final stretch. The Bills have no business losing to the Steelers though.

Honestly if we lose some fluke 10-9 game in a blizzard I'm not overhauling the organization over that.  You make changes because you're moving onto something better, not just to appease an appetite for change.

But if it's more ideal conditions and we get outplayed by an inferior opponent like things happened a few times this regular season...yeah.  It gets harder to have faith heading into next season.  But that's an enormous "if" because I just don't see it happening.  We're gonna toast em.

I think the predicted weather for the game Sunday favors Pittsburg. This game will be a dogfight. I'm hoping our ground game is on and we play error-free ball. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

7 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m always a bit perplexed by the ‘not getting a team to the Super Bowl in 6 years requires firing’ point…look at John harbaugh. The guy has won one in 16 years

Look at Mike Tomlin…hasn’t sniffed the Super Bowl in 14 years and won one in 17 total years 

Kyle shanahan has been to one superbowl in 6 years and also had an epic collapse as OC of the falcons

that’s the longer tenured guys in the playoff field and they’ve won 5 superbowls in like 90 years coaching 😂. That’s an average of 1 win every 18 years or so 

There's a couple of huge discrepancies here. Those guys have won a SB. Once you win one the bar kind of changes. Fair or not that's the way it's progressed. 

Secondly, the bar changes when you have a top three QB in the league. The bar and expectations change. Fair or not that's the way it progressed. 

I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation to think the Bills should have at least made a SB appearance during Allen's tenure. Do you? 

IMHO, it's clear the team has fallen short of its goals, especially during the last two years. Sure injuries and unforseen circumstances contributed. Luck hasn't been kind to the Bills.

Nevertheless, McD and Beane hasn't come close to sniffing a SB appearance let alone win one. Until then, I think it's fair game to criticize the regime.

Perhaps, you think the bar is set too high. Perhaps, you are satisfied with regular season victories and AFC titles. I get that and I enjoy that as well. However, don't you want more? Don't you think the Bills should have achieved more? Where is the line drawn? When is enough enough? What is the standard?  Is SB or bust fair? 

Lots of difficult decisions to answer. No one knows the outcome and future here.

What's known is fans of Buffalo badly want a Lombardi. Badly want to represent the AFC. Until then there will always be criticism and unsatisfied fans. Don't get me wrong, we fans will always support and follow the team. Almost to a flaw. The Bills are part of Buffalo. In a sense, we eat, sleep, and think about Bills football. It's a major part of the community. Bills Mafia is real. Is there any other fan base that deserves more? 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by newcam2012

7 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

So the question is where are the Bills in that 18 year coaching window? We’re 6 years in, I guess? I’ll circle back in 2036 to see how it all panned out. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.