What Changes Would You Expect If Steelers Win?

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

Only way we lose will be because of weather. I would expect a change in plans and a ***** dome installed. 

Only way?

They can also lose if they turn it over 4 times and ask their banged up D to bail them out again 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

It looks like hardly anyone is giving the Steelers any shot at beating us, which is understandable and likely accurate. However, we have suffered humiliating losses to far lesser teams way too many times before. Anything is possible and Tomlin is going to have his team as prepared as is possible.

That said, if the Steelers were to somehow knock us out, what happens to this team going forward? Is McD safe because of his performance over the last 6 games? Do assistant coaches get the axe? Is Brady the really the answer? Which players do we finally move on from?

I still think you can argue that anything short of a superbowl appearance warrants serious discussion regarding McD's future here.

But if for some reason they lay an egg to a Steelers team without TJ Watt and a 3rd string starting QB that would probably be out of the league by now under most circumstances... not sure how coaching once again isn't front and center in Buffalo as the main reason why this nightmare scenario could play out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Only way?

They can also lose if they turn it over 4 times and ask their banged up D to bail them out again 

I honestly think this is the way they're going to have to win. There is no way the turnovers are going to just stop. BUT I'm ok with it as long as the D keeps it up and Josh plays like second half Miami josh. 

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I honestly think this is the way they're going to have to win. There is no way the turnovers are going to just stop. BUT I'm ok with it as long as the D keeps it up and Josh plays like second half Miami josh. 

It’s a dangerous game… eventually a good team is going to take advantage of the turnovers …

And also … it’s likely the D is going to have to go without Douglas and Dodson this week  … I would like the O to stand on their own 2 feet and win this one 

13 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

My main complaint (if this happens) would be how they seem to play up and down to their opponent. 
like an example for me this week will be Watt is out. All we are hearing is how great that will be, so I expect that there will still be a ton of pressure on Josh and we'll see the Oline get eaten up. 
not saying we'll lose. It just seems to jinx us when we are told why we "should destroy" another team. 

It's the head coaches responsibility to motivate his team. Especially against an opponent you should handle based on talent and personnel. We barely beat weaker teams like NYG, Chargers and NE. I guess you gotta ask yourself why this team is incapable of getting motivated against lower teams?  And yes, I'm totally expecting a "closer than it should be" victory by us because of this unsolvable mystery. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Any Given Sunday.

We’ve seen great teams lose to bad teams all the time. It doesn’t make the head coach awful.

Basing any full conclusion on one game ridiculous. McDermott showed enough to get the Bills to the playoffs. He’s safe. 

We’ll see about next year.

I would cut/waive Drew Bledsoe immediately…, 

😁👍🍸🚬

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Well if we lose its due to one of these:

1) Offense stinks - We need a new OC and coaching staff on that side of the ball for starters. We need a few WR's. Take a close look at Morse and how much he has in the tank. Tank a close look at RT (Spencer Brown). 

2) Defense Stinks - McD is coming back. But we need a DC and help in that coaching room. We have a lot of positions that may need replacements due to age and contract status. 

3) Special Teams Kill Us - This should not be enough to lose but added with either of the above. New ST coach may already be a no-brainer- not sure the late season improvements are enough. 

4) Horrible in game management across the board - I still think McD is safe but if its that embarrassing maybe this does him in. 

5) Referees - nothing happens even by NFL.

18 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

I don't think they are kicking many fgs in 40 mph winds and 50 mph gusts.

Even with no wind, McD doesn't allow Bass an opportunity outside of 48-50.  Meanwhile other teams (Philly/Elliott) are allowing their kickers to attempt 60 yarders in the rain.  Go figure?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't expect any changes. McDermott survived the 9/11 media storm and rather than losing the team down the stretch (which is what it would have taken for any change to be considered there), the team rallied behind him and miraculously pulled off winning the division. He's safe.

I think Brady will keep the job. The offense when it struggles of late seems to be execution issues more than playcalls or game planning. And the team has gone 5-1 since he took over. And I don't expect a horribly called game on Sunday. So I'd bet he keeps the gig for next year.

42 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

It looks like hardly anyone is giving the Steelers any shot at beating us, which is understandable and likely accurate. However, we have suffered humiliating losses to far lesser teams way too many times before. Anything is possible and Tomlin is going to have his team as prepared as is possible.

That said, if the Steelers were to somehow knock us out, what happens to this team going forward? Is McD safe because of his performance over the last 6 games? Do assistant coaches get the axe? Is Brady the really the answer? Which players do we finally move on from?

Do you think by giving that lame disclaimer dismissing the prospect of Bills losing, insulates you from the mentality of pointing fingers at anyone in a position of coaching or management having responsibility for losing a playoff game. Wouldn’t it be nice to have fans after watching your team heroically get our city potentially 2 playoff games at home,closing the season winning 5 straight games against 3 playoff teams, just acknowledge how great our coaches and players performed? It’s sad that it’s always people waiting in the weeds to pounce with any underperforming scenario that undermines incredible efforts by our team’s never say die accomplishments.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s a dangerous game… eventually a good team is going to take advantage of the turnovers …

And also … it’s likely the D is going to have to go without Douglas and Dodson this week  … I would like the O to stand on their own 2 feet and win this one 

As long as the turnovers are inside the 20's its just a punt to me but obviously they need to score there and call better plays

Anything short of making the conference finals and McDermott should be out. Losing to the Steelers would be an embarrassment and would be an offense worthy of termination. Our most likely opponent in the second round is the Chiefs, and losing to them a 3rd time in the playoffs in 4 years would not give me confidence McDermott could take us to the Super Bowl. Similarly, losing to a QB out of retirement or a rookie QB in the playoffs would not bring confidence, and would make me want to look for better options.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.