Do you pay any significance to how the Bills historically did against opponents?

I always like to have an idea.

One of the main reasons why after the Chargers game I was still happy was because the Bills I know had a bad record versus them.

Ditto Dallas.  I feel it’s a source of pride now for me that rivalry if you want to call it that isn’t one sided anymore.  6-6 in regular season match ups.

During the Josh Allen era it’s gotten better but for a while there it was bad against Pittsburgh.  I think the Bills will win but yeah history sort of says it will be a tough game.

Or does stuff that happened years back to you have no bearing on the future? 

I pay closer attention to recent historical match ups. Ie. McDaniel v. McDermott. Allen vs *Insert defensive coordinator/player*

But I don't put a lot of weight in stuff like the Chargers v. Bills lifetime record. I get there are some weird stuff out there. I don't have a lot of good reason for it. I just expect that good teams overcome those quirks. 

6 hours ago, Another Fan said:

One of the main reasons why after the Chargers game I was still happy was because the Bills I know had a bad record versus them.

Ditto Dallas.  I feel it’s a source of pride now for me that rivalry if you want to call it that isn’t one sided anymore.  6-6 in regular season match ups.

During the Josh Allen era it’s gotten better but for a while there it was bad against Pittsburgh.  I think the Bills will win but yeah history sort of says it will be a tough game.

it matters more in games within the division,  the old saying you can throw out the record.......

7 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I'm interested in our historical performance against opponents but I don't think the distant past is relevant as far as how the Bills will fare in the current day. 

Josh Allen's record against Miami gives at least some indication of how a game might go, but not 0 for the 70s.

7 hours ago, Another Fan said:

bigger issue with streaks in division play playing twice a year.  In modern nfl you tend to play teams in congpverrnce once every 3/5 years and 6/8 years on the road.  Teams roster tend to change over significantly over 6/8 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.