The tie down on the back of Rapp's helmet?

Simon

I kept looking for it but couldn't find it. Anybody else see it?

Maybe it was an internal shock collar that activates if his head comes too far forward?

Or did somebody do an unbelievable job getting him to overcome every instinct in his body to be a billy goat and somehow turn him into a heads up player in just one week?

There's a Poyer, a Hyde, a coach or someone that has a steak dinner coming their way this week.

Hope they at least share their potato with Taylor.

• Haha (+1) 6

12 hours ago, Simon said:

Maybe it was an internal shock collar that activates if his head comes too far forward?

Or did somebody do an unbelievable job getting him to overcome every instinct in his body to be a billy goat and somehow turn him into a heads up player in just one week?

There's a Poyer, a Hyde, a coach or someone that has a steak dinner coming their way this week.

He took a shot at the WR on Benford's int but he was better after that.

The Bills DBs in general are anticipating and going for the INT's much better recently.  I was critical early in the season for the DBs sitting back, watching the receiver make the catch and then tackling them.  I think it's the Rasul effect.  Being much more aggressive and going for the picks.  I like it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Rapp the ASSASSIN strikes again!

On the punt return, he had the block that pushed his guy into injuring the other Dolphin, springing Harty.

On the 2nd last play, he crushed Hill, breaking up the pass and injuring Hill.

On the last play, big INT and managed to only injure HIMSELF (looked like he got his win knocked out landing on the ball)

That's a RAPP!

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

The Bills DBs in general are anticipating and going for the INT's much better recently.  I was critical early in the season for the DBs sitting back, watching the receiver make the catch and then tackling them.  I think it's the Rasul effect.  Being much more aggressive and going for the picks.  I like it.

Given that the Dolphins offense centers around Tua getting the ball out in 2seconds or less, I'm surprised we werent jumping routes sooner/more often.

I get that the flip side of that tho is, you miss the ball and the WR is gone for a TD.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Simon said:

He caught that thing like it was thrown right to him.

Hyde and Poyer apparently talk to the football pre-game like it's a woman they're trying to take home with them.  They wheedle, they sweet talk "come to me on the field", they try persuasion.  Maybe they finally got Rapp to "get with the program" LOL

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Simon said:

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

He took a shot at the WR on Benford's int but he was better after that.

He did, but he did it with his head up, which is the point I was trying to make (albeit poorly).

A couple weeks ago he would have been barreling in there with his head down hunting a kill shot and either blindly blasted Benford or separated him from the ball.

Last night his head stayed up the whole way in and as result he was able to initiate controlled contact limited to the the WR instead of being a bowling ball scattering pins and body parts all over the place.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

The point I was trying to make with a bit of convoluted, overstretched humor was that for the first time as a Bill, Rapp just played a full game with his head up instead of down, and the results were spectacular.

7 hours ago, Simon said:

He did, but he did it with his head up, which is the point I was trying to make (albeit poorly).

A couple weeks ago he would have been barreling in there with his head down hunting a kill shot and either blindly blasted Benford or separated him from the ball.

Last night his head stayed up the whole way in and as result he was able to initiate controlled contact limited to the the WR instead of being a bowling ball scattering pins and body parts all over the place.

Really well put!

Gotta say, McD can coach up a secondary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.