The Bills final possession

Simon

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

None of the RBs had success (was there even a single good run the entire game that wasn't Allen improvising?). They couldn't get any push on 4th and 1 to end the game. The IOL gave up huge pressure in pass blocking all game as well. Torrence got beaten so badly that it led to the Allen fumble. The o-line definitely wasn't fine, especially the guards/center.

Been rainy, slow track, bad traction.

Other team deserves a little credit...

• Agree 1

I wish they would run a play action roll out with Josh with the option to throw in the flat or run. 

It just felt that we went to the well to many times with that tush push. 

I really did appreciate the aggressive nature of McDermott though. We have to give him his roses for adapting. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

If they call that series at that point with that much fear in the playoffs, it will bite them on the bippy.

They have got to run their offense there and play for points, not start clock-watching with 6+ minutes left.

McDermott, Brady and Allen should be prepared with a plan to be aggressive with a one score lead in the 4th qrtr or I think they'll regret it.

Just now, Simon said:

The FG % is probably 60 at best.

Getting a yard with a 250lb QB is probably better than 80%.

And a 1stdown ends the game just as certainly.

It was the right call.

I get what you’re saying on the first post, but what they did got them to a point where they had one play, with an 80% chance of working, and they can go to victory formation.  I had mixed feelings on kick vs. go for it and honestly still do.  Glad I didn’t have to decide.

I still don’t understand why the clock stopped with no timeout taken after the 14 yard first down scramble. The explanation was the defensive holding call. Couldn’t they just decline the 5 yards to force the last timeout.  That was a huge mistake by McD to not decline the penalty. Could have ran the clock way down before the 4th and 1.  

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

On another note, our running game with the backs was crap. What happened to the o-line tonight? 

Take away Cook's one 14 yard run and he had an awful night. We're not winning unless this area is improved (along with his drops)....

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I get what you’re saying on the first post, but what they did got them to a point where they had one play, with an 80% chance of working, and they can go to victory formation.

I thought they were fortunate to even get it to that point and would have had a better chance to close out by continuing to do what they'd been doing successfully all night.

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

I agree with clock watching against Miami. They are exactly the type of offense that can score easily in a flash. I personally would have kicked the long field goal to try to take a 10 point lead but I had no issue with how we ran that drive up to that point

Bills have not tried any recent long field goals recently.   I was hoping they would get within Bass's FG range but it did not happen.

image.thumb.png.175de2deec30d16b7afada8bcc82a67e.png

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Yeah, but we missed it anyway. At least trying the field goal is a shot at a 2 score game

I don't think Sean is allowing Bass to kick anything beyond 50 yards. So if you don't make it to the 33 it's Josh or something else.

12 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

On another note, our running game with the backs was crap. What happened to the o-line tonight? 

The Dolphins knew when we were running - their pursuit on runs they looked like they knew at least 90 percent of the time.  

It’s not always the RB or the line.  We didn’t dial up good run plays at the right time.   

And I truly think there is some tell when Knox is on the field and Kincaid is off.  

The Oline has to be telegraphing it too.  Someone leans too much or something.  

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Simon said:

If they call that series at that point with that much fear in the playoffs, it will bite them on the bippy.

They have got to run their offense there and play for points, not start clock-watching with 6+ minutes left.

McDermott, Brady and Allen should be prepared with a plan to be aggressive with a one score lead in the 4th qrtr or I think they'll regret it.

I get the play…you make the 1st it’s kneel downs and you win.  A punt might mean the ball moves 17 yards down the field.  They were also up by 7.

they got the ball and wanted to burn the clock.

Just now, Simon said:

I thought they were fortunate to even get it to that point and would have had a better chance to close out by continuing to do what they'd been doing successfully all night.

The one run by Allen was amazing so you have a point, but what they had been running all night produced a few turnovers as well.  A few play action quick hit low risk outside throws to someone not named Cook sprinkled in to keep them honest would have been good.  I also feel like McD felt like he had their number and 7 was a big lead.  Not sure I agree with him completely on that but it worked.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

A few play action quick hit low risk outside throws to someone not named Cook sprinkled in to keep them honest would have been good.

That's all I wanted a few times on early downs and I think it would have carried them right down the field. 👍

16 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Yeah, but we missed it anyway. At least trying the field goal is a shot at a 2 score game

The FG would have been 53+ yards…that's not a gimmie snd thry likely talked to bass on making FGs and his distance. If he said I’m a little sore and I don’t think I can kick 50+ today affects the call.

34 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I was screaming at my TV to not run the last tush push play they tried. It was a full yard. And Miami was playing it well at that point. I actually would have been fine with them attempting the Fournette wild cat play they showed prior to the timeout. 

I would liked to see a fake and Allen running QB Power.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He needs to start going to his right. Everyone knows he is going left.

On the last one, he tried to jump like it was at the goal line

Stay on your feet and let the OLine keep pushing!

The jump may have got it honestly that was realllly close. It may have been a tiny amount short but the spot was bad regardless 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

A bit more aggressive on first or second down so they don't have to necessarily do what they did on 3rd  and 4th which were the right calls.

Exactly.  I didn’t understand not using regular running plays instead of Josh running parallel to LOS and sliding to avoid going out of bounds and not gaining much.  I’ve not seen any team do that with so much time on the clock.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.