NFL Week 18 - Jags at Titans game thread

Today was payback for the unfair Buffalo “home game “ in London, where the NFL experimented on letting one team get an extra week to adjust to the transcontinental flight & time change.  It’s only fitting that Jacksonville’s elimination loss puts Buffalo in the playoffs! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

DUUUUUUUUVAL

Jax went from being 8-3 and best team in the AFC to 9-8 and out of the playoffs. What a shame.

They were arguably the most consistent team in the AFC earlier and I thought people were sleeping on them.

What a crazy collapse.

• Agree 2

• Simon unpinned this topic
12 minutes ago, Logic said:

So thankful to the Titans for beating Miami earlier in the season and beating the Jags today. Fact that it happened with former Dolphin Ryan Tannehill under center makes it even sweeter.

Big questions loom for the Jaguars with Lawrence and Pederson.

Wouldn't hate seeing the Bills sign Henry to a modest deal next season. Henry + Cook? Yes please.

Go Titans! Go Bills! Go playoffs!

I think we could have the run blocking to really let Henry thrive. He can be stopped behind the line of scrimmage, but is borderline untackleable by DBs and smaller LBers when he has a head of steam.

2 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Today was payback for the unfair Buffalo “home game “ in London, where the NFL experimented on letting one team get an extra week to adjust to the transcontinental flight & time change.  It’s only fitting that Jacksonville’s elimination loss puts Buffalo in the playoffs! 

VERY GOOD THINKING!!!

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

I’m just quoting this because……….. I can. How sweet is that? 

I’m still pissed about that nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Bro doesn't even remember watchjng Cinci and Ravens in 2017 😂

There was a bills game going on at the same time so he might have not watched the Cincinnati vs ravens until the end. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

The run from the one was a good example of that. Reached out instead of powering through.

Was it Trent Edwards who did that to get a first down around midfield…..and they just took it away from him? Like he’d never played the sport before?  😂 

I think it might have been vs the Dolphins, too. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Was it Trent Edwards who did that to get a first down around midfield…..and they just took it away from him? Like he’d never played the sport before?  😂 

I think it might have been vs the Dolphins, too. 

Kyle Orton

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

So thankful to the Titans for beating Miami earlier in the season and beating the Jags today. Fact that it happened with former Dolphin Ryan Tannehill under center makes it even sweeter.

Big questions loom for the Jaguars with Lawrence and Pederson.

Wouldn't hate seeing the Bills sign Henry to a modest deal next season. Henry + Cook? Yes please.

Go Titans! Go Bills! Go playoffs!

They arguably should be, but I don’t think Jacksonville views it that way yet. They’ll chalk this season up to Lawrence being hurt and just some weird bounces/drops at the absolute worst time. I saw a stat that they’re the second worst red zone offense in NFL history ahead of only the 0-16 Lions. 

I think there’s still plenty of reason for optimism there but this was undeniably a weird and disappointing season for them.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsherd said:

There was a bills game going on at the same time so he might have not watched the Cincinnati vs ravens until the end. 

Ya I know. There's been many more games with much more anxiety than today's jags/titans game though 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Don’t worry, there are people on this board who will legitimately argue we need to hire Doug Pederson to replace McDermott.

Hey.  He’s got a Super Bowl ring, don’tchaknow?

Edited by Beck Water

30 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

Might have been the most stressful non bills game I've ever watched 

I had been watching the score, loosely, and only put it on the TV when the Jags were at the goal line on 3rd down. I just knew “we” were up by 8.  Those two plays could have been the end of me!!! I didn’t warm up properly, rookie mistake.  

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Bro doesn't even remember watchjng Cinci and Ravens in 2017 😂

When was 2017?

Seriously that was different, Bills had won already and it was more exciting trying to break the playoff drought watching cincy win.

This was nightmarish haha

30 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Whatever the rabbit ears get

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.