Last Man Standing Advice

Irv

I’m in a heads up (no point spread) last man standing pool.  I’ve picked 17 straight correctly.  Only two of us left.  One game to go next week.  Here’s who I have available to pick.  Any advice?

Texans

Colts

Patriots

Jets

Bengals

Falcons

Panthers

Raiders

Broncos

Chargers

Cardinals

Bears

Packers

Commanders

Giants (Left Them Off Original Post)

Edited by Irv

1 hour ago, Irv said:

I’m in a heads up (no point spread) last man standing pool.  I’ve picked 17 straight correctly.  Only two of us left.  One game to go next week.  Here’s who I have available to pick.  Any advice?

Texans

Colts

Patriots

Jets

Bengals

Falcons

Panthers

Raiders

Broncos

Chargers

Cardinals

Bears

Packers

Commanders

Either the Jets or the Redskins. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Either the Jets or the Redskins. 

Jets - I'm always leery of away teams.  Commanders?  Against the Cowboys???

42 minutes ago, section122 said:

I would try for a split lol...

That said I always like to pick home teams.

Browns don't have anything to play for so id lean the bengals.

I've talked about a split but I've been doing a lot of trash talking on the pool's message board so the other guys aren't interested.  I'm considering the Bengals.  

Edited by Irv

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

I've talked about a split but I've been doing a lot of trash talking on the pool's message board so the other guys aren't interested.  I'm considering the Bengals.  

How many teams started?

Logic probably says Pack but I don’t really like that one.  Not sure why.  I know they’re on the road but I think the Texans are going to curb stomp the Colts.  I also think the Pats will win.  Cardinals I’d take if forced because I think they will play spoiler but I wouldn’t feel great.  

If I’m in your spot and have to pick one…..Texans.  If you need home team….Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

Patriots

for one thing that franchise may as well help a brother out.  Secondly they played our team hard and their D is legit.

It's as good a guess as any.

I will share glory points with 4merper4mer  if we are right 🙂

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Packers are home playing the Bears. If they win, they clinch a playoff spot. They were also in the same spot last year vs Detroit and lost so be careful taking GB.

Detroit was good last year. The Bears are the same old Bears.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Irv said:

Belichick hates the jets.  I would be very leery taking them against the pats.

Definitely not the commanders when a win for the cowboys clinches the division.

All just imo of course lol

• Like (+1) 1

I'd either go Packers because they need a win for the playoffs and the Bears are bad...

Or just flip a coin for the Colts/Texans game ... I think I'd go Colts, maybe it's just the Minshew mania.

The Jests knocked me out week #1.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, section122 said:

I would try for a split lol...

That said I always like to pick home teams.

Browns don't have anything to play for so id lean the bengals.

I very much appreciate everyone's feedback!  I just checked and my competition has the Bengals left too.  If I had to guess they will pick them.  So, I am asking myself.  Self.  How greedy do I want to be? 

Outright, I would win $1600.  Split only $800 and a lot of trash talk and bragging rights down the tube.  Also seeing Cleveland has lots of injuries to current starters (those not on IR).  Cincinatti has none.   Good thing is, that my competitors work for me and are really good folks.  So, losing would not be that bad considering my investment is a grand total of $20.     

It's a corundum.   

6 hours ago, section122 said:

Belichick hates the jets.  I would be very leery taking them against the pats.

Definitely not the commanders when a win for the cowboys clinches the division.

All just imo of course lol

There is no way I'd take the Jets over the Pats in what might be Belichick's last game as Pats HC. The hatred for the Jets flows through him.

• Agree 1

You could hedge this if you wanted to. For instance you could take Pats in the pool and Jets +2.5 for any amount you wanted to hedge say $500. This way if Pats win you get the pool or half of the pool. If the Jets win you get the $500 from the wager (minus the vig) and if Pats win but don't cover you win the wager and 1/2 or whole pool.

Or you could just hedge with a money line but then no chance of a double dipper.

Just a thought.

10 hours ago, qwksilver said:

You could hedge this if you wanted to. For instance you could take Pats in the pool and Jets +2.5 for any amount you wanted to hedge say $500. This way if Pats win you get the pool or half of the pool. If the Jets win you get the $500 from the wager (minus the vig) and if Pats win but don't cover you win the wager and 1/2 or whole pool.

Or you could just hedge with a money line but then no chance of a double dipper.

Just a thought.

Thanks.  If I understood what you posted I might try it.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Titans

Patriots

Bears

I'd take one of those three. Bears have been sneaky decent and would make a perfect spoiler for the packers. 

Patriots - BB hates the Jets and their defense is stout.

Titans - Jags are beat up and fading fast. Tannehill wants to go out on a win, and vrabel is coaching for his job. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.