Do you get happy when the Holiday season is over?

Another Fan

A Happy New Year to all.   After New Year's Day is complete that signals the holiday season is over imo.  

I won't get into my issues here but the holiday season especially dealing with family members can certainly bring out the worst in people.  It wasn't exactly a pleasant week for me since Christmas per say.  I'm actually looking forward to going back into my boring routine.  

• Like (+1) 2

No happiness at the end of the holidays--only the reality that I put on 10 pounds and have some work to do. Every year.

And it doesn't help if the Bills make a playoff run, because that just leads to more consumption.

I always enjoy the holiday season but it is nice when I take down the tree and decorations and things get back to normal.  There’s some drama with certain folks but you can’t pick your family.

• Agree 2

The holiday season is nice, but it is also nice when things go back to normal. What sucks is when the Super Bowl is over, and you have 7 long months of the NFL's offseason to get through.

Hate to sound like Scrooge but outside of having off work, drinking more Labatts, and spending more money than usual, holidays don't feel much different to me.   

The family I was born into is filled with emotionally immature narcissists and my wife's extended family are all vying to be left money in certain peoples wills.

I am always happy to get back to concentrating on my wife and kids.   I like work, it keeps me from being bored.

We still haven’t done Christmas with our son and his family as they went to her parent’s in Florida.  We are leaving the tree up until we finish with them. Not to mention, the house looks better with the tree up! 😂 It kind of fills a void in the room. I know it will feel odd when it’s gone. But it will be time. It can’t be Christmas every day. 

Now, what’s next? 

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Christmas is by far my least favorite holiday.  My wife and I both have “tricky” family situations, and visiting for the holidays (especially traveling from VT to Syracuse) can be absolutely draining.  It’s always such a relief to get back home.  

I felt that way for a long time. The 600-mile drive (each way) in the winter, across the Great Lakes region, is bad enough. Our families are okay for the most part, but they're 40 miles away from each other and both have events that we "must" attend and people we "have to" visit. Every trip was stressful from start to finish.

When our son was a few years old, I told my wife that I wanted to start having Christmas at home, and we've enjoyed peaceful holidays ever since. I think we went back for Christmas twice in the past 30 years. We go back pretty much every summer, though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.