Battle of the Blue bloods

Buffalo716

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Bama had no reason being in the playoffs……this was proof!

Who would you have put in over them?  Georgia lost to them in the SEC championship.  Florida state wouldn't have been competitive.

Just now, jkeerie said:

Who would you have put in over them?  Georgia lost to them in the SEC championship.  Florida state wouldn't have been competitive.

An FSU team without all the opt outs would’ve been more competitive…….Bama’s QB is sooo trash! 

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Any updates on this?

What update you need?  This was exciting for the final few min in regulation and then OT.  The rest was bad offensive football.  

the last play was comic relief—Millroe diving at the 3 yard line as though it was the end zone.  Just a lot of bad Offensive football.  

maybe you can catch the rebroadcast or something 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

What update you need?  This was exciting for the final few min in regulation and then OT.  The rest was bad offensive football.  

the last play was comic relief—Millroe diving at the 3 yard line as though it was the end zone.  Just a lot of bad Offensive football.  

maybe you can catch the rebroadcast or something 

Actual update:

You were wrong…….again.

You’re unable to admit it……again.

New Year’s resolution blown on Jan 1……..again.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

An FSU team without all the opt outs would’ve been more competitive…….Bama’s QB is sooo trash! 

Only if their injured starting QB played...which wasn't going to happen.  And you can't predict opt outs and portal transfers .  They are ruining bowl season.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, cle23 said:

But how can you say that when Bama won head to head. 

based on how both teams played this weekend I think Georgia beats Bama tonigyt

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Actual update:

You were wrong…….again.

You’re unable to admit it……again.

New Year’s resolution blown on Jan 1……..again.

you should start yet another thread about this, you know, flesh out your thoughts a bit more….

Just now, streetkings01 said:

Would you say the Jets, Jags, Patriots or Broncos are better than the Bills? 

On a certain day, they could be.  It would be like the Jets making the playoffs after the Bills win the division.  Alabama won the SEC in a head to head with Georgia.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

based on how both teams played this weekend I think Georgia beats Bama tonigyt

you should start yet another thread about this, you know, flesh out your thoughts a bit more….

I thought we agreed to start a thread together.  Do you know the number for tech support?

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Only if their injured starting QB played...which wasn't going to happen.  And you can't predict opt outs and portal transfers .  They are ruining bowl season.

Bowl Season was destined to be ruined.  A bunch of games that mean literally nothing for the players, all so the school can make a few extra bucks from an odd array of sponsors.    Until the playoff is expanded this is what you're going to get.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I thought we agreed to start a thread together.  Do you know the number for tech support?

you struggle when you don’t need to.  It’s like you revel in not being on point

an existence of unforced errors

Bama is the same program that benched their starting quarterback, was in a dog fight with USF and should’ve lost to Auburn! Anybody outside of an SEC/Bama fan would’ve seen this team had way too many warts to be a playoff team. They got in based of beating Georgia who would beat Bama 9 times if they played 10 games!

15 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

The FSU offense looked better than Bama today with Rademacher with 5 days to plan. Give them a month and he would have been better than that. Also all the FSU players stated flatly they would have played in the playoffs, but you can call them liars if it makes you feel better.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Bowl Season was destined to be ruined.  A bunch of games that mean literally nothing for the players, all so the school can make a few extra bucks from an odd array of sponsors.    Until the playoff is expanded this is what you're going to get.  

every non CFP bowl team fielded essentially their usual competitive team.  FSU are quitters.  

It was easier for their best players to walk away rather than lose a non CFP bowl game with a backup QB.  That’s their culture from the school leadership to their weak willed HC.

feel bad for the guys who stayed on the team and had to absorb that beating.

GSU has no shame. Let them go to the  SEC and be another Ol Miss or Tennessee

5 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

The FSU offense looked better than Bama today with Rademacher with 5 days to plan. Give them a month and he would have been better than that. Also all the FSU players stated flatly they would have played in the playoffs, but you can call them liars if it makes you feel better.

Lol Rodemaker.  Come on.  Guys been in college for years.  Rarely plays.  Career backup.  

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Drinking tonight?

not yet

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Orlando Tim said:

Why do you have to be a jerk in your inference?   In truth I thought Florida State's snubbing basically sent the message that any players beyond your starting QB don't count.  I also thought FSU was quite competitive with Rademacher at QB.    So...if the snubbing caused the FSU players to opt out, then shame on the committee.  Did Rademacher enter the portal?

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

every non CFP bowl team fielded essentially their usual competitive team.  FSU are quitters.  

It was easier for their best players to walk away rather than lose a non CFP bowl game with a backup QB.  That’s their culture from the school leadership to their weak willed HC.

feel bad for the guys who stayed on the team and had to absorb that beating.

GSU has no shame. Let them go to the  SEC and be another Ol Miss or Tennessee

Every non playoff team had a ton of opt outs……stop making it seem like FSU was the only team! Ohio St had their starting QB and stud WR opt out, USC and NC had their QB’s opt out that’ll be drafted in the top 10. Players have opting out of bowl games for years now! Even the 2023 Heisman winner opted out of LSU’s bowl game! You guys sound dumb piling on FSU when you non playoff team is doing this.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39098555/nfl-draft-prospects-opting-college-football-bowl-games-2023-caleb-williams-drake-maye

Edited by streetkings01
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Every non playoff team had a ton of opt outs……stop making it seem like FSU was the only team! Ohio St had their starting QB and stud WR opt out, USC and NC had their QB’s opt out that’ll be drafted in the top 10. Players have opting out of bowl games for years now! Even the 2023 Heisman winner opted out of LSU’s bowl game! You guys sound dumb piling on FSU when you every non playoff team is doing this.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39098555/nfl-draft-prospects-opting-college-football-bowl-games-2023-caleb-williams-drake-maye

how many draft eligible players on Georgia opted out?  

Oregon Tennessee, Wisconsin, LSU all fielded competitive rosters this weekend.  

it’s pretty simple.  The CFP easily decided that, with a full roster and a backup QB, FSU would not be competitive in the CFP.  Without their starting QB, they are simply in no way one of the 4 best teams in the country.  

why would you or anyone still be struggling with this.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

Why do you have to be a jerk in your inference?   In truth I thought Florida State's snubbing basically sent the message that any players beyond your starting QB don't count.  I also thought FSU was quite competitive with Rademacher at QB.    So...if the snubbing caused the FSU players to opt out, then shame on the committee.  Did Rademacher enter the portal?

I apologize for the aggressive nature from the jump, many have acted that the snub is not why 8 defenders and 6 offensive starters opted out. The decision for the final 4 was based on money for the TV contract not the talent of team.

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

how many draft eligible players on Georgia opted out?  

Oregon Tennessee, Wisconsin, LSU all fielded competitive rosters this weekend.  

it’s pretty simple.  The CFP easily decided that, with a full roster and a backup QB, FSU would not be competitive in the CFP.  Without their starting QB, they are simply in no way one of the 4 best teams in the country.  

why would you or anyone still be struggling with this.  

Bama was selected because they needed a SEC team in the final four to ensure tv ratings. If the argument was the best 4 teams then GA is absolutely in the final 4 over Texas and Bama but the committee had to pretend they care about results on field. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I apologize for the aggressive nature from the jump, many have acted that the snub is not why 8 defenders and 6 offensive starters opted out. The decision for the final 4 was based on money for the TV contract not the talent of team.

Apology accepted.  You're clearly an FSU fan.  I love your HC and wasn't happy that your QB got injured.  I'm a Penn State fan and quite frankly am always skeptical when Big 10 teams get into the playoffs due to the uninspiring offenses in the conference.  Defensively they're solid...but you wonder how they'll fare against good offenses with good QB play.  Michigan did not face that today.  I agree that the committee wanted an SEC team in the mix.  Georgia threw a monkey wrench in the works by losing to Bama, so they overlooked an undefeated team in FSU.  Hopefully the playoff expansion will right a lot of wrongs and will remove a lot of the subjectivity.

2 hours ago, Process said:

Was that the worst play call in football history (any level)?

IDK, hard to judge. The center snapped it low and screwed up the timing.

They called what had been working, short passes (especially inside the 5) had not been working all night.

Not saying he would have made nit with a perfect snap, but the bad snap killed the play right off.

Just now, jkeerie said:

Apology accepted.  You're clearly an FSU fan.  I love your HC and wasn't happy that your QB got injured.  I'm a Penn State fan and quite frankly am always skeptical when Big 10 teams get into the playoffs due to the uninspiring offenses in the conference.  Defensively they're solid...but you wonder how they'll fare against good offenses with good QB play.  Michigan did not face that today.  I agree that the committee wanted an SEC team in the mix.  Georgia threw a monkey wrench in the works by losing to Bama, so they overlooked an undefeated team in FSU.  Hopefully the playoff expansion will right a lot of wrongs and will remove a lot of the subjectivity.

I am an FSU fan and am still a little salty obviously. I am also a UCF fan and sick of the committee since they don't watch every game of the contenders. I could honestly understand if they simply admitted they have financial obligations they have to fulfill but the lies they tell and changing standards is absurd. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am an FSU fan and am still a little salty obviously. I am also a UCF fan and sick of the committee since they don't watch every game of the contenders. I could honestly understand if they simply admitted they have financial obligations they have to fulfill but the lies they tell and changing standards is absurd. 

I don't blame you for your saltiness.  FSU got screwed plain and simple.  It's hard though trying to evaluate the competitiveness of all the conferences.  Plus the top teams always stack the first part of their seasons with cake teams from lesser conferences.  There should be a fairer way to insure teams face the ultimate competition within their conferences and for optional games.   For example, the Big 10 east has tougher teams than the west...which explains why the conference championship is rarely competitive.  Let's see what the expansion does.

7 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Bama was selected because they needed a SEC team in the final four to ensure tv ratings. If the argument was the best 4 teams then GA is absolutely in the final 4 over Texas and Bama but the committee had to pretend they care about 

7 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Well, they could have made their case by sticking it to Georgia if they believed in themselves so strongly.  Instead, very many of their best players ran away.  Unimpressive, and maybe the committee made the right decision. FSU fell apart before even taking the field.

33 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Well, they could have made their case by sticking it to Georgia if they believed in themselves so strongly.  Instead, very many of their best players ran away.  Unimpressive, and maybe the committee made the right decision. FSU fell apart before even taking the field.

Lol made what case?  The case for a time machine to be built so that they could get a shot?

They’re kids in their early 20s who worked for a goal and had their chance taken from them by a group of corrupt old men that preferred Alabama.  And now if these 20ish year old kids don’t risk their own future income in hopes that the committee will build a time machine for them, they are suddenly the bad guys?

37 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

These kids at this level play for two reasons, to win championships and make money, they don't care about spending a month prepping for an exhibition game when they can go pro. But to your argument Gary, do you recognize UCF as the 2017 national champ, because they went out and beat the team had throttled Bama? 

10 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Bama was selected because they needed a SEC team in the final four to ensure tv ratings. If the argument was the best 4 teams then GA is absolutely in the final 4 over Texas and Bama but the committee had to pretend they care about results on field. 

Absolutely agree Georgia should have been in instead of Bama--despite the close loss in the SEC title game.

Bama lost because of their QB.

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol made what case?  The case for a time machine to be built so that they could get a shot?

They’re kids in their early 20s who worked for a goal and had their chance taken from them by a group of corrupt old men that preferred Alabama.  And now if these 20ish year old kids don’t risk their own future income in hopes that the committee will build a time machine for them, they are suddenly the bad guys?

https://sports.yahoo.com/official-ncaa-recognizes-ucfs-national-championship-record-book-234835087.html  FSU couldn't be bothered finishing out their undefeated season, so whatever blah blah.  

4 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

These kids at this level play for two reasons, to win championships and make money, they don't care about spending a month prepping for an exhibition game when they can go pro. But to your argument Gary, do you recognize UCF as the 2017 national champ, because they went out and beat the team had throttled Bama? 

UCF is a 2017 co-national champion.  Considering 1994 as a Penn State fan and the entire 1997 Michigan/Nebraska controversy, I entirely support that undefeated FBS teams should be strongly considered or have a legit shot at the national championship.

That being said, I understand the athletes are well within their rights to opt out but many others do not, some even come back for an extra year because they believe they could win it all.  And if FSU had competed and beaten Georgia in the Orange bowl I would have supported them as a co-champion as the playoff system is inadequate.  But they did not and while I respect their decision to do what's best for them I don't respect the lack of team leadership to finish undefeated.  They deserve no consideration for the national championship IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.