Battle of the Blue bloods

Buffalo716

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

You're the one whining about corrupt old men

Not whining.  Pointing it out.  If you’re uninterested in truth and prefer to blame 20 year old kids for not risking their financial future to bend the knee to the glorious committee, then you be you.

52 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Not whining.  Pointing it out.  If you’re uninterested in truth and prefer to blame 20 year old kids for not risking their financial future to bend the knee to the glorious committee, then you be you.

I just want you to know that no matter what you think of me .. through all of our back and forth in the college football threads

I certainly am just a college football purist... I have no allegiance to any schools or conferences

Besides maybe Syracuse where I played

.. and you'll never hear me talking about their football program here LOL

Very surprised by how good Washington did... I think they're going to take it all

Penix will not be stopped... And he certainly has earned himself the right to be a top two round draft pick

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The truth is FSU has one loss and the undisputed national champ will have zero losses.  The playoff system is unfair to teams like FSU and Georgia, just like it was unfair to UCF in 2017.  

But UCF showed up for their bowl game and finished the season undefeated and 8 months later the NCAA recognized them as co-champions.  No time machines and nutty old man conspiracies needed, Mr. "Logic".

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

The truth is FSU has one loss and the undisputed national champ will have zero losses.  The playoff system is unfair to teams like FSU and Georgia, just like it was unfair to UCF in 2017.  

But UCF showed up for their bowl game and finished the season undefeated and 8 months later the NCAA recognized them as co-champions.  No time machines and nutty old man conspiracies needed, Mr. "Logic".

Has anything changed on the college football landscape between 2017 and now?  Geez dude have you ever heard the term “follow the money”?

7 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/official-ncaa-recognizes-ucfs-national-championship-record-book-234835087.html  FSU couldn't be bothered finishing out their undefeated season, so whatever blah blah.  

UCF is a 2017 co-national champion.  Considering 1994 as a Penn State fan and the entire 1997 Michigan/Nebraska controversy, I entirely support that undefeated FBS teams should be strongly considered or have a legit shot at the national championship.

That being said, I understand the athletes are well within their rights to opt out but many others do not, some even come back for an extra year because they believe they could win it all.  And if FSU had competed and beaten Georgia in the Orange bowl I would have supported them as a co-champion as the playoff system is inadequate.  But they did not and while I respect their decision to do what's best for them I don't respect the lack of team leadership to finish undefeated.  They deserve no consideration for the national championship IMO.

Hey, when I am being snarky I don't appreciate a well thought out articulate response that I can not argue with at all. Well said, you are being consistent which is all I ask. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Hey, when I am being snarky I don't appreciate a well thought out articulate response that I can not argue with at all. Well said, you are being consistent which is all I ask. 

I appreciate ya being willing to listen from snarky beginnings!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.