Excluding JA, predict your impact player - Patriots at Bills (includes a video preview of the game)

BillsFan619

In the words of JA, Ed Oliver has been a “Big Dog” this year and I expect that to continue on Sunday.

He’ll keep Zappe on his toes as Big Ed will get some pressures that’ll throw off Zappe’s timing, a batted down pass or two, along with a couple drive killing sacks.

Big Ed, one of the “Big Dogs”, helps us get the Big Dub which hopefully helps us clinch a playoff spot this weekend.

Who ya got?

*Click on “Watch on YouTube” in the screen below for a preview of the game. Go Bills!

On offense it's seemed to be someone new every week since Brady took over. Kincaid had a run. Cook was featured. Even Gabe Davis has showed out a time or two. Real crap shoot to predict. 

In a perfect world this would be a Diggs get right game. But we don't live in a perfect world and I still think Stef is being limited by injury. One of the things the Pats do well is contain the run. So I think Cook has a good but not great day.

My pick: Khalil Shakir. I think even though he hasn't been himself, Belichick still schemes Diggs out. Gabe did well last week...so Brady has some things up his sleeve for Shakir. 

Thinking the 5 catch 110 yards and a TD. May even factor into the return game this week if Harty is inactive.

• Like (+1) 1

Taron Johnson.  Zappe has shown to be erratic and off target when throwing short, hot, and under pressure.  TJ is going to get a pick, as well as being part of a pressure package on a sack that leads to a big loss or turnover.

I expect the whole defense to show well here.  I'd love to predict a big offensive game, but just don't see it will be needed.

Offense;  Cook as a receiver, Kincaid and Shakir

Defense;  ED, Floyd and Douglas

4 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

In the words of JA, Ed Oliver has been a “Big Dog” this year and I expect that to continue on Sunday.

He’ll keep Zappe on his toes as Big Ed will get some pressures that’ll throw off Zappe’s timing, a batted down pass or two, along with a couple drive killing sacks.

Big Ed, one of the “Big Dogs”, helps us get the Big Dub which hopefully helps us clinch a playoff spot this weekend.

Who ya got?

*Click on “Watch on YouTube” in the screen below for a preview of the game. Go Bills!

That video was very negative.  Didn't enjoy it.

I'm predicting a Bills victory with game balls for Kincaid and DQ.  

Could be a defensive fist fight without many, if any, big splash plays.   

BB will probably double cover Diggs and take him out of the game as he always does

Bills probably won't be able to run the ball on the Pats very well , so no Cook splash plays there.  

I'm guessing the splash plays will be from the Defense when it comes down to Zappe+a bad O line vs.  Josh in the pass situations.   

So maybe pass rush causing a Douglas pick six turns a dull, close game in Bills' favor.  So I'm going with Douglas.  

Both of our TEs have had success against NE in prior games. That being said, I think Bellycheck will concentrate on stopping that. Won't work though because the threat of Cook out of the backfield or Allen running is going to keep the LBs on their heels.  One of, if not both of the TEs is still going to get theirs. I think Cook is going to have a big day. When he's not rushing or catching, he'll be drawing a LB his way and that will leave one on one for our TEs. The thing that Buffalo's offense has an advantage at is keeping the LBs guessing.  They are the ones that will be spying Allen, covering TEs and Cook out of the backfield. I don't think they can and I'm not sure who is going to have the bigger day. Might be Knox. Might be Kincaid. Might be Cook. There is a very real possibility that the running game gets hot regardless of how good NE is at stopping the run. The Bills are really good at running the ball and that may not be the defense's primary focus.

Diggs is due too. All of this focus on LBs is still a smoke screen. My choice is that the Bills get the passing game rolling. The run game and misdirection thrown at the  LBs leads to the defense getting smoked by the passing game. One of those safeties will start creeping up to help out and then Allen will go over the top. The biggest beneficiary....Diggs.

On defense, I have to go with big Ed. Having 2 1T DTs on the roster and spelling each other, is going to free him up.

In summary:

Diggs and Big Ed

• Like (+1) 1

My initial thought was Diggs but I think they showcase him next week and he goes off for 150+ against the Fish,

This week it will be Kincaid as many have already suggested.

I think Johnson gets a pick six this week as well.

Honorable mention will be Bass.  I think Buffalo struggle to put the ball in the end-zone this weekend in sloppy condition.  Bass gets 4 FG and two XP on two second half-TDs for a 14 point day.  

33 minutes ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

Kincaid obviously 

Love your username, bro!

Speaking of Kincaid, I was shocked to see he has 62 catches for the year. I know he's had a good year but it was higher than what I was thinking (in a good way).

Go Bills!

@Kincaid Kool-Aid

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/29/2023 at 6:36 PM, Don Otreply said:

Offense;  Cook as a receiver, Kincaid and Shakir

Defense;  ED, Floyd and Douglas

On 12/30/2023 at 5:55 AM, ProcessTruster said:

Could be a defensive fist fight without many, if any, big splash plays.   

BB will probably double cover Diggs and take him out of the game as he always does

Bills probably won't be able to run the ball on the Pats very well , so no Cook splash plays there.  

I'm guessing the splash plays will be from the Defense when it comes down to Zappe+a bad O line vs.  Josh in the pass situations.   

So maybe pass rush causing a Douglas pick six turns a dull, close game in Bills' favor.  So I'm going with Douglas.  

On 12/30/2023 at 7:15 AM, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Mister Ed….3 sacks.

Douglass or Johnson with a pick-6.

Fournette…release the Kraken!!!

23 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Knox in the red zone and Douglass with a big pick on D.

19 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Douglas on defense.  On offense, I think perhaps it's time for Kincaid to get back on track.

Congrats to everyone who picked Rasul Douglas.

MAD PROPS to ProcessTruster and ControllerOfPlanetX for calling the pick-6!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.