Jaylen Waddle - high ankle sprain (updated - ruled out vs Ravens)

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

Is waddle a FA after this year? He would make an excellent Buffalo Bill. Could you imagine Josh with some speed opposite Diggs? Wow.

No he isn't. His contract with 5th year option runs 2 more years. And Miami will keep him beyond that too. He will become the number 1 as Hill ages out.  

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Dang it Yolo, you're back to your old form, beating all of us to the punch!!! :D

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean if it was Hill sure he's a douche who's done ***** things, Waddle is just some young player on a team I hate.

I don't even hate his nickname: the Penguin. He makes a nice little TD dance out of it, and it's not a Try Hard name like Hill's "the cheetah"

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

Is waddle a FA after this year? He would make an excellent Buffalo Bill. Could you imagine Josh with some speed opposite Diggs? Wow.

The short answer is no.

Still one more year on a rookie deal, and even if the Dolphins were dumb enough to cut him I don't think we could afford him.

But man, the Dolphins cap/veteran retention looks even worse than ours right now.

I have said here many times before I hate for anybody to be injured.

BUT, if they do happen, as in this instance I am more than annoyed at the modern trend.

…and that trend seems to be that high ankle sprains, the days gone by 3-6 week injury, has now turned into maybe missing 1 game.

What the heck happened with medicine and science on this one?!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

5 minutes ago, BreezeMafia said:

Doubt doubt the coach's gamesmanship here.  I am not questioning Waddle's injury or toughness, not at all.  However, if your the coach, you want to give your opponents some doubt heading into games.

This will be interesting to watch.

Any coach worth his salt will prepare for Waddle to be playing…and that doesn’t put the defense at a disadvantage because anyone replacing Waddle is not as good.

You never want to see anyone get hurt but if there is one team, I like seeing the Dolphins play before the Bills it's the Ravens. The Ravens put a hurting on the 49ers who most consider to be the most physical team in football. Miami is going to be in for a hard hitting, extremely physical football game this Sunday.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cheering for injuries on Christmas is bad mojo

51 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

He’s a bit overhyped.  Not saying he’s bad, he just disappears for stretches.

That sounds exactly want a number 2 receiver is. Waddle is one of best number 2s in the nfl.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

This is fantastic news for the Bills. Like him or not, Waddle is a great player. He would be the #1 receiver on just about any team in the NFL

I really like Waddle but I feel like he’s in the perfect situation in Miami. I think he lacks elite skills to be a true number 1 imo.  One of the best 2s in the league and that’s plenty valuable 

15 minutes ago, motorj said:

Bills defense was full strength back then as well

true but Douglas is playing as good if not better than Tre and Dodson has stepped up huge, he's no Milano but it isn't a massive talent gap as it was , he's been great. And Jones might be back for that game as well. 

Hyde as well but I like the aggressiveness of Rapp. 

Salute to this staff for overcoming major injuries and having the depth and making a great trade. Lot of teams wouldn't overcome this

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.