Mahomes crying

Riverboat Ritchie

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

We are just going to have to agree to disagree.  Won't argue that Josh is a freak athlete.  But I can't get on board with him processing the game as well, or throwing a more accurate ball than Mahomes.   

Fair enough… another 10 plus years before history is written for these two future 1st ballot HOFers

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its just normal NFL nonsense.   He's been incredible through his first 7 years.   But rather than just say he's been incredible, people had to start putting him in the same conversation as Brady, which is both disrespectful to how truly great Brady was, and pretty much setting Mahomes up for a let down.  

Mahomes is likely going to end up having his worst full season in the NFL this year, but it still a very good season in comparison with his peers.    Just have to wade through the bs to get a sense of what really is going on.   For my money Mahomes is still the best QB in the league, but the Chiefs are dealing with the outcome of having to pay a QB huge money coupled with drafting late every year, and his weapons aging out of the league.  Kelce is on his last legs, Tyreek Hill's influence on the Chiefs was underestimated, and they've done a poor job of drafting.   Championship football takes a lot of things happening well all at the same time..    That said, I'd still take the two championships they have.

Kc had an embarrassment of riches and now that they are more in line with other teams weapons I think we’re seeing how mahomes would look if he was anywhere but kc the last few seasons.  That oline has been elite for the last few years and Kelce has been a beast up until this year 

obvioisly I’d take the two Superbowls also no question though 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Kelce is toast and Hill is gone and the team records and passing statistics will be virtually identical even though Allen has Diggs.

Kelce is toast but you're using Diggs as your counter example? Next time just tell us you haven't watched a lot of Bills or Chiefs games this year and save us the effort.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Again, Kelce is toast and Hill is gone and the team records and passing statistics will be virtually identical even though Allen has Diggs.    Do I think Allen wins a Super Bowl in KC yes I do.  But your question, along with many others here was, why do I think Mahomes is better than Allen.  And because we can't look at the scenario logically, we'd rather talk about hypotheticals.  

Right, maybe that's all we can do. Given the context we're discussing, it's most accurate and fair to say that the two appear to be of the same caliber, and that the discrepancy in stats may or may not be due to the quality of their respective teams. But that's a mouthful and way too nuanced for most fans and commentators, who prefer simple answers to complex questions. So until further notice, Mahomes remains the Messiah and Allen the turnover machine. Whatever. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Kelce is toast but you're using Diggs as your counter example? Next time just tell us you haven't watched a lot of Bills or Chiefs games this year and save us the effort.

Diggs is at best a 1a at this point with no true number 2 wr on the team.  

Just now, rajinka said:

Diggs is at best a 1a at this point with no true number 2 wr on the team.  

He has unfortunately been a borderline #1 since the London game. There are maybe 12 WRs in the league that I would classify as true #1s. Diggs has been just outside that group for a couple months now.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He has unfortunately been a borderline #1 since the London game. There are maybe 12 WRs in the league that I would classify as true #1s. Diggs has been just outside that group for a couple months now.

Yep even before that I don't feel like he's a game changing wr. 

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

I think the interesting narrative is if they were on the opposite teams. What would the current legacy of both be??? Josh with AR and Patty w McClappy? Think that’s a fun way to look at it. Patty had some wind at his back immediately🤷🏻‍♂️

The kc oline was far better than buffalos for years up until this season and they had tyreek/Kelce for a good chunk of it.  I think josh is as good or better in that kc offense than mahomes 

• Agree 1

Think I read here a few times that since he has a ring that he’s allowed to pout like his spoiled brother and essentially be an 85 rating middling QB. He’s earned that privilege!

Bwahahaha I love it. Kelce is a lumbering old PR stunt now too. Clearly no Gronk

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

It is now blasphemy to say Mahomes is better, have fun with this. 

What a rollercoaster this fanbase is. After the superbowl last year most of the fans grudgingly agreed that Mahomes is better and Allen is behind him. Some even thought Burrow was better than Allen. The struggles early in the season made that narrative even more prevalent. And now that the team is playing a little better and the defending champs are having a rough patch it’s back to Allen is the best that ever was. Crazy stuff. Let’s hope that the Bills can at least advance further than the downtrodden Chiefs this playoffs or it’d really be silly. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

@PromoTheRobot is just setting you up in the unlikely event that Joe Flacco (10 TD 7 INT 59% completion) somehow beats the Bills in the playoffs............so he can shame you for not being an appreciative fan.

If JA17 loses a playoff game to a 38-39 year old Joe Flacco........9 years after he was last a good starting QB in the NFL.........then that will be inexcusable.

What if Lamar loses a playoff game to Joe Flacco? Joe’s revenge. :D

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

What a rollercoaster this fanbase is. After the superbowl last year most of the fans grudgingly agreed that Mahomes is better and Allen is behind him. Some even thought Burrow was better than Allen. The struggles early in the season made that narrative even more prevalent. And now that the team is playing a little better and the defending champs are having a rough patch it’s back to Allen is the best that ever was. Crazy stuff. Let’s hope that the Bills can at least advance further than the downtrodden Chiefs this playoffs or it’d really be silly. 

Depends on how it happens…that chiefs defense is really good and it’s the reason they’ve been winning this year 

It’s not just a rough patch for the kc offense….theyve looked off all season 

22 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I am not saying Josh is better but all these QBs to some degree are a function of where they land and with who. Josh on SF or the Rams ? Or the Bears.. all would have different outcomes or does he just just power through ? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.