The #2 seed is actually obtainable now

Virgil

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

Can't believe the Dolphins @ Ravens game wasn't flexed. Definitely better than Vikings/Packers

My guess is that the NFL is counting on Week 18 being Bills/Phins flex, so either they don't want back-to-back weeks with same team OR it's possible that puts Miami above the allowable primetime (unable to flex week 18)

Buffalo Bills cannot earn the #1 seed. Even if Baltimore loses to San Fran, next weeks Baltimore vs Miami would be between two 11 win teams. If Miami loses Baltimore would have 12 wins. If Miami wins then Bills cannot catch them. I was curious and answered my own question

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I think they mean Dolphins vs Ravens

Right, we already knew that.  I think they didn’t flex that game because they intend to flex Miami in week 18.  I wonder if there’s a rule against flexing teams in back to back weeks.  Would make sense if there was. 

39 minutes ago, poo said:

Buffalo Bills cannot earn the #1 seed. Even if Baltimore loses to San Fran, next weeks Baltimore vs Miami would be between two 11 win teams. If Miami loses Baltimore would have 12 wins. If Miami wins then Bills cannot catch them. I was curious and answered my own question

What if they tie next week tho?

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Who’s better? Really, who can you say is better? They have only LOST 3 games, the Bills choked 6 times,  Miami is a fraud, it’s hard to take a Flacco lead team serious as the best, so who else?

I don’t think there is a class of the AFC.  
So if we didn’t choke, we would be undefeated?  
So then us.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

What if they tie next week tho?

Cool! I have no idea about the implications of a tie in that contest. Both teams would have fewer losses than the bills going 11-5-1. Maybe that would be the difference

Am I missing something, or do we only need 2 things to happen and we get the #2 seed no matter what?

1) Win out

2) Ravens beat the Dolphins next week

Is that really it? I've been messing around with the playoff simulator, and that seems to be all that's required. I guess I didn't realize how obtainable that actually is. Of course, even that scenario isn't "easy" given how up & down the Bills are, or how unpredictable the NFL is overall. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Am I missing something, or do we only need 2 things to happen and we get the #2 seed no matter what?

1) Win out

2) Ravens beat the Dolphins next week

Is that really it? I've been messing around with the playoff simulator, and that seems to be all that's required. I guess I didn't realize how obtainable that actually is. Of course, even that scenario isn't "easy" given how up & down the Bills are, or how unpredictable the NFL is overall. 

Yea that’s all we need. 3 games to go the right way 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, boyst said:

I'm confused why everyone is discounting Jacksonville. They have an easy schedule 

Because they haven’t won a game in the last month 

14 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

I'm not

Change to your local team ..the Vikings …

They are winners 

Edited by Aussie Joe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.