What W was more impressive this year for McD and the Bills ?

ChronicAndKnuckles

The 48-20 slaughter through the air versus the Dolphins or the total physical domination on both sides of the trenches against the Cowboys ? 

These are the 2 signature regular season wins this year IMO (so far.) I think the Dallas game was a defining moment for this team. Unlike Miami, Dallas is a legit SB team full of elite talent on both sides of the ball w/ arguably the best defensive player in the league and the statistical #1 offense.  Dak Prescott is a very good QB despite what some people might think, but the DBs gave him no where to throw to along w/ the d-line bringing consistent pressure on every play. Joe Brady called the game on his life and solidified his position as OC for the foreseeable future. The whole coaching staff brought it yesterday. McDermott seems to have spun something potentially very negative into gold. I hope they can continue to carry this momentum into the playoffs. If so then they are almost guaranteed to make it into the big dance. I don’t see anyone in the AFC stopping us. 

• Like (+1) 1

Cowboys.  What you saw yesterday is a blueprint of how you reach the Super Bowl.  Lousy weather, still scored points. All that running gave the defense time to recharge.  If a team happens to stop your run, you deploy the pass.  

The Miami win is nice, but that's an example of the *all or nothing* offense on a beautiful fall day.  That happened to be an "all" day.  You probably don't get that in the playoffs or in poor weather.  

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The Dallas game was a complete and utter beatdown on both sides of the ball. It was a physical battering that left Dallas shell shocked and emotionally defeated. An embarrassment from start to finish for them.

The Fins competed in that earlier game for a bit before the Bills pulled away, but even then it always felt like they could strike at any moment.

Dallas was never in this one.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Cowboys.  What you saw yesterday is a blueprint of how you reach the Super Bowl.  Lousy weather, still scored points. All that running gave the defense time to recharge.  If a team happens to stop your run, you deploy the pass.  

The Miami win is nice, but that's an example of the *all or nothing* offense on a beautiful fall day.  That happened to be an "all" day.  You probably don't get that in the playoffs or in poor weather.  

That’s a good point. The defense looked “fresh” the entire game with no let up at all heading into the 4th quarter. 

5 minutes ago, Rubes said:

The Dallas game was a complete and utter beatdown on both sides of the ball. It was a physical battering that left Dallas shell shocked and emotionally defeated. An embarrassment from start to finish for them.

The Fins competed in that earlier game for a bit before the Bills pulled away, but even then it always felt like they could strike at any moment.

Agreed. This one felt over well before halftime 

5 minutes ago, Rubes said:

The Dallas game proved we can finally beat an elite team without relying on Josh to throw 300/4.  The physicality of the D was also a pleasant surprise. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Cowboys because we were missing 4 starters on D plus AJ.  

Absolutely incredible game.  

McD has proven he’s an elite DC in this league and the last 2 weeks has probably cemented that around the league given the way the players have responded to him post Dunne article. 

McD's defenses held the NFLs two best offenses to 10 (Dallas) and 20 points (Miami) with two different lineups.   

He's not perfect and he has publicly admitted that fact.  

The "fire McDermott " crowd needs to sit down, shut up, watch and appreciate it all.   The defense was hyper aggressive, near the edge of assault a couple times and they were in the right place in the right time. 

This team is a problem now for any opponent, what do you defend?  Pass, run, Cook, Allen, who, what?    

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

His defense has blown 4 late game leads this season and 3 of those were against bad offensive teams. 

It seems like a lot of Bills fans have the memory of a goldfish.

Haha. Not to mention if a guy did not line up a few inches Offside a week ago it would have blown another one. I am not complaining but also dont have dementia. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

McD's defenses held the NFLs two best offenses to 10 (Dallas) and 20 points (Miami) with two different lineups.   

He's not perfect and he has publicly admitted that fact.  

The "fire McDermott " crowd needs to sit down, shut up, watch and appreciate it all.   The defense was hyper aggressive, near the edge of assault a couple times and they were in the right place in the right time. 

This team is a problem now for any opponent, what do you defend?  Pass, run, Cook, Allen, who, what?    

Do the MIA and DAL wins count for more wins than the others? The last I checked the team is 8-6 and while playing MIA and DAL well, they blew leads to NYJ, DEN, NE, and PHI. I like how they have looked lately, but consistency and play in critical moments has been he issue. No one has ever claimed they would "never" beat any team in the league. They can beat anyone and this year they can also lose to anyone. 

• Disagree 1

The Cowboys game was by far the most impressive.  It may actually be the most impressive game of any NFL team this regular season, in that a team being regarded as a top-3 SB contender got physically embarrassed to the point that they're no longer being taken seriously just a day later.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

This is where I’d lean.  Both were the “hot” teams coming in and got absolutely beat down.  Remember the narratives before all of these games:

Miami dropped 70 points on Denver.  Tyreek was going to break the single season receiving record (still might), the Dolphins offense was going to set the record for scoring.  Tua was going to break the single season mark for TD’s and passing yards.  

The Bills defense limited them to 20 points

Dallas was regarded as the 2nd best team in the NFL and ready to make a playoff run averaging 40 points per game and having the 5th best defense.  They were bullied…essentially pounded into submission. 

I think performances like this are why you stick with McDermott as HC even if they don’t make the playoffs (pending they finish with 10 wins and don’t flame out). 

There’s been an incorrect and ignorant narrative here that McDermott is bad coach.  These games prove he is not.  I think we can’t dismiss how the inconsistent Ken Dorsey offense hurt the Bills in big games this season.  

I also feel that the Dallas game shows the ability of an OC to create a game plan that targets the weakness of a specific opponent.  

29 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Do the MIA and DAL wins count for more wins than the others? The last I checked the team is 8-6 and while playing MIA and DAL well, they blew leads to NYJ, DEN, NE, and PHI. I like how they have looked lately, but consistency and play in critical moments has been he issue. No one has ever claimed they would "never" beat any team in the league. They can beat anyone and this year they can also lose to anyone. 

LOL don’t pretend these wins were the same as the NYG or TB game.

Give McDermott credit 

18 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The Cowboys game was by far the most impressive.  It may actually be the most impressive game of any NFL team this regular season, in that a team being regarded as a top-3 SB contender got physically embarrassed to the point that they're no longer being taken seriously just a day later.

100%. I don’t think the game script on offense would be the same if Ken Dorsey was still OC

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

We did the same to Miami.  

I’m done being mad about the injuries.  Every team is hurt.  

I’m done with the “if only’s.”     

This team needs to get in the playoffs and win the whole ****ing thing.  

Then figure out how to keep Joe Brady.  

McD/Brady - small sample - but imo has performed better over the last 4 consecutive games considering the degree of difficulty than ANY Dabol led offense in 4 straight.

Jets Eagles KC Dallas.  You won’t find a better run of 4 straight under Dabol - who was always an ok play caller.  

Brady might be HIM.  

Edited by Big Blitz

The Fins game was our best win this year.  At the time, the Fins were the challengers, and we were the champs.  They were trying to take our AFCE throne away from them and we denied them dramatically.  

The Dallas game was the most surprising win.  Our battered D shut down their high-flying offense while our James Cook-led offense moved the ball at will.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.