Is Josh Allen done? Under 50% completions, pulled from game.

ChicagoRic

9 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

He threw well actually too.  Anyone catch a count on drops?  I had 2.  Cook and Kincaid.  I give Kincaid a pass on one of them, would have been a tougher catch if I recall.

3 - Diggs had one bounce off hos chest on a close play and Kincaid should have caught another so maybe even 4.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

This team is a MONSTER right now.  Super effective game by Allen.  Did what he needed, forced nothing.  Cook? Holy. Guacamole.  Defense?  Awesome.  So pumped right now. 

Josh (IMO) doesn't give a damn about stats, he wants wins and a Superbowl title.  His comment about being the kid getting an A on a team project and doing nothing was hilarious. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

i was thinking this myself. always annoys me what little analysis we get from the tv guys on plays like that. 

Some people dislike Romo as a commentator but for this reason alone I think it highlights why he’s one of the best…

Every broadcast I watch he’s either breaking down several plays, successful or not, as to who all was open or breaking down what he feels went wrong on a play; QB or receiver. 

Most guys just call what was executed with no thought process as to the whole play; blocking, shifts, personnel and routes by design. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1

Games like yesterday's are among the reasons I hate QB stats.  They can be so misleading.   You have to watch the games to understand a QB's performance.  QB stats are so bad, that if you look at completion % and QB rating, Rob Johnson was a better Bills QB than Jim Kelly. I rest my case.  

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Mike Tirico just said, "a magical play by Lamar Jackson". Umm, Likely made the catch in double coverage, not Lamar you clown. That play is 100% magical by the TE. Good Lord. 

In fact that throw should have been intercepted.  It was a nice play but the effusive praise for Jackson there by Collinsworth/Tirico (play of the year!!!!) was way over the top.  Allen makes guys miss in the backfield a couple times per game completing passes down field a lot less risky then that throw. Heck yesterday on the great catch by Diggs Allen shrugs off a blitzer and on the run gets the ball to Diggs.

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Diggs had a drop too.  Tight coverage but the ball still hit him in the chest and bounced away

Diggs also had that fumble but we raced to the line before a challenge flag. Would have been ugly cause it was still a close game. He redeemed himself with that one handed grab! Wowza! Great effin catch!

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BBFL said:

Some people dislike Romo as a commentator but for this reason alone I think it highlights why he’s one of the best…

Every broadcast I watch he’s either breaking down several plays, successful or not, as to who all was open or breaking down what he feels went wrong on a play; QB or receiver. 

Most guys just call what was executed with no thought process as to the whole play; blocking, shifts, personnel and routes by design. 

I like Romo to in general, but he often gets a case of verbal diarrhea. Tony, sometimes less is more.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/17/2023 at 10:08 PM, Utah John said:

Look at it this way.  Gabe Davis is an offensive lineman who gets to run downfield and make blocks.  He is REALLY good at it.  Do you think James Cook made all those yards on his own?  Someone was making blocks down the field.  

At this point, any catches he makes are gravy.  

Sherfield, too. At this point, those two might be doing more for the offense than they ever have by laying down some solid blocks. 

20 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Games like yesterday's are among the reasons I hate QB stats.  They can be so misleading.   You have to watch the games to understand a QB's performance.  QB stats are so bad, that if you look at completion % and QB rating, Rob Johnson was a better Bills QB than Jim Kelly. I rest my case.  

I always find it kind of funny how most people already know (or at least intuit) this on some level but there’s something about our human brains that like simple counting stats.  

On 12/18/2023 at 2:48 AM, RiotAct said:

Trade him while you can still get something 

Sometimes I do wonder what josh would fetch in a trade. We're so, so lucky to have one of the very best QBs in the league wearing the colors of this team. 

I remember when he was drafted and nfl network threw up a graphic of all the starting quarterbacks we'd had since Kelly retired. Talk about Sh*tler's List. 

He has his bone headed mistakes the media loves to talk about but I wouldn't have anyone else back there. He's not only made the Bills a perennial contender, he's also made us one of the most talked about teams in the league. After being irrelevant for so many years it is nice to be at the forefront of football fan's minds

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/17/2023 at 10:12 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yeah that was just awful. That has to be at least PI

Shakir had no catches either.

Brady seems to be scheming Diggs, Cook, and Kincaid. Knox, Davis, and Shakir are going to get very few chances 

I don't think this at all for the future. This game is going to give some teams fits in prep down the road. Sure, other teams will be more effective in plugging the running lanes. But you exposed very little of the part of the playbook that is your most dangerous - and to boot, you would hope that the running plays called all have play action partners which should put defenses in even more of a bind keeping honest on the back end.

Oh and Davis - to me it looks like that "miscommunication" in the Eagles game has sapped his confidence on long balls where he has to make adjustments. That ball landed nearly at his feet on Sunday. I know the weather wasn't great, and between that and the drops from Kincaid and Diggs (his was the one that hit him right in the chest on 3rd down where the DB - maybe Gilmore - hit him immediately and it popped out...but WR1's gotta catch those), it probably gave Brady a ton of ammunition to give Cook & Co every chance to shine. I'll also throw in there that Dallas received a ton of hype over Bland's INT-TD streak earlier in the season. So minimizing the impact of Parsons & their defensive backfield makes a lot of sense if you can get away with it. And playing out in front provided the perfect opp for that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.