God, I’m sick of the Kansas City Chiefs

Snowbowl

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Because Josh wasn't raised that way. Try that self-entitled, rich kid BS temper tantrum on a working cantaloupe farm. 

Suck it up Patty "Melt Snowflake!"

What gets me is, while on podium have all has cooled down... He's still beating it.  Even on the final plays, it was stuck in his craw for some reason and affected his subsequent play. He acted out out of some kind of guilt? Trying to cover up something?  He actually, IMO drew more attention to whatever bad sportsmanship the Chiefs play with.

Mahomes had 3 more plays to get them in FG range or score (an extra 2nd down due to penalty).  He failed to take advantage.

Personally, I hope Allen takes note of the complete disrespect for him that Mahomes behavior implies.

If that play had stood, the Bills would have had more than a minute and all 3 time outs.  By acting as though that's a walk-off-win if that play stands, Mahomes and Reid are disrespecting Allen and the Bills Offense completely, as though it's "Given" they would do nothing with that.

• Like (+1) 4

Yep, I've really lost respect for Andy and Pat after this. It's easy to be magnanimous when you are winning, reminds me a lot of Brady and Belichick. 

What I cannot for the life of me understand is how the CHIEFS with their tomahawk chop chant have not been forced to rename their franchise as was the case with the Washington Redskins and Cleveland Indians. Every time I hear that chop chant, I'm like, this is just wrong (and I'm usually the last one to be politically correct!).

Honestly, I didn't think it was possible but my immense respect for Allen has just grown from this as he has suffered as much as any QB in the league from heartbreak and never resorted to this crap. 

Sideshow Bob should go cry elsewhere than Allen after the game!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Maybe one year the Chiefs vs. Bills game will be in Buffalo.  We always are playing the Chiefs in Kanas City.  Needs to stop.

Its gonna be in Buffalo 3 years in a row regular season as long as we finish in the same division placement as them 

AFC west vs AFC East division placement has doubled up before switching home teams and the afc east vs entire afc west type games swap each time.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

31 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

If that play had stood, the Bills would have had more than a minute and all 3 time outs.  By acting as though that's a walk-off-win if that play stands, Mahomes and Reid are disrespecting Allen and the Bills Offense completely, as though it's "Given" they would do nothing with that.

The drive before, Allen completed a pass while backpedaling on the sideline. You don't think he could have gotten the Bills in a position to score with 3 TOs? Complete disrespect to one of the best QBs on the planet  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I haven't read all the pages of this thread, but I wonder if anyone has pointed out to Mahomes and Reid that Toney actually committed a blatant OPI on that play, which is how Kelce got so wide open.  The Offside call was correct but not calling the OPI was a huge mistake by the refs, that could have cost the Bills the game and possibly the playoffs.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, boater said:

Josh Allen has said more than once that Mahomes is a quality person. I will give that endorsement more weight than Mahomes meltdown.

I'm an old curmudgeon who doesn't like much of the new music--but I have to admit when the daughter plays Taylor Swift, I don't vomit. But I'm really sick of the Kelce/Swift coverage. The NFL is exploiting Swift because they lack young viewers. Singers should be heard, not seen.

That would be an interesting halftime show for Superbowl.

15 hours ago, Since1981 said:

All the national media is about offensive offside call. 

no place is it about the other 20 pts scored 

This cracks me up. They got flagged for one of the very few calls that is non-subjective (also too many men on on the field). If you line up offside, well, you're offside. All the other calls we hate -- holding, PI, most personal fouls -- are subjective. So if I were the Chiefs, I would just shut up about this ... 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't care when it's the Chiefs.

I just think the whole thing is silly. They make it a spectacle. I’m all for panning over to a celebrity fan once on a game. But they’re really going overboard with this. 

We’re watching for a football game, if I wanted to see Taylor every 12 minutes I’d be on YouTube. 

39 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I haven't read all the pages of this thread, but I wonder if anyone has pointed out to Mahomes and Reid that Toney actually committed a blatant OPI on that play, which is how Kelce got so wide open.  The Offside call was correct but not calling the OPI was a huge mistake by the refs, that could have cost the Bills the game and possibly the playoffs.

I'm just curious if Von Miller lined up Offside and Leonard Floyd sacked Mahomes and he fumbles and Von Miller scoops and scores would he say it was legit TD and Von shouldn't be flagged because they couldn't use it for his HOF highlight reel? Since Miller's false start "didn't impact the play?"

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Stranded in Boston said:

This cracks me up. They got flagged for one of the very few calls that is non-subjective (also too many men on on the field). If you line up offside, well, you're offside. All the other calls we hate -- holding, PI, most personal fouls -- are subjective. So if I were the Chiefs, I would just shut up about this ... 

He seemed to be complaining that they got way from it before why did you stop it?

It is like someone who speeds past a speed trap many times and finally caught.

I used to have a house where cutting through corner of property would save teens 100 feet of walking down paved town path.  Litter was often left there. Since my neighbor's and my property intersected at that point we decided to join our fences but we were told "Since you have been allowing people to cut through (not allowed and even staked my dog outside to discourage) they have implied right of way".  

I planted rose bushes in area for thorns and when that did not work I transplanted a poison ivy shrub to tangle in rose bush area, Had one parent complain about his kid getting poison ivy and I told him it is very hard to get rid of poison ivy but if you want to pay for a professional to remove it I will  GIVE PERMISSION for that person to come onto my property.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

It's another example of the Chiefs living by the "we'll commit a foul or two on every play, they'll only call us on a few of them" mantra.

Kelce (like Gronk before him) pushes off (OPI) A Lot.   I haven't scrutinized, but I'm sure that's not the first pick play we've seen

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He seemed to be complaining that they got way from it before why did you stop it?

It is like someone who speeds past a speed trap many times and finally caught.

I used to have a house where cutting through corner of property would save teens 100 feet of walking down paved town path.  Litter was often left there. Since my neighbor's and my property intersected at that point we decided to join our fences but we were told "Since you have been allowing people to cut through (not allowed and even staked my dog outside to discourage) they have implied right of way".  

I planted rose bushes in area for thorns and when that did not work I transplanted a poison ivy shrub to tangle in rose bush area, Had one parent complain about his kid getting poison ivy and I told him it is very hard to get rid of poison ivy but if you want to pay for a professional to remove it I will  GIVE PERMISSION for that person to come onto my property.

Limeaid, I got two words for ya if you have that problem again:

Multiflora Rose

The only animal that pushes through a multiflora rose thicket unscathed is a goat.  They actually eat the stuff.

Edited by Beck Water

Not sure if this was brought up earlier, but the Chiefs have nothing to complain about.  The flag was already on the field BEFORE Mahomes threw the ball.  Toney was clearly offside and the official who threw the flag had no idea what the play would become.  This is VERY different from a late pass interference or roughing the passer flag that comes AFTER the outcome of the play is known and can swing a game.  Their frustration is understandable, but to blame the officials or say that it's an embarrassment to league is ridiculous and a bad look.

I'd also add that the Giants traded Toney for next to nothing, after investing a first round pick in him and knowing he's an amazing athlete, because he was undisciplined.  The Chiefs, being smarter than everyone else, took a chance on an undisciplined player, and put him on the field in a critical situation.  It cost them this time.

Toney helped them win a Super Bowl last year, so maybe it was worth the risk, but they have to take the bad with the good.  McDermott is often criticized, including here on this board, for not playing the most talented players at times, but he is cautious about using undisciplined players.  Sometimes that strategy pays off.  There's no question that Elam is a better athlete than Dane Jackson or Christian Benford, but he doesn't see the field.  I'm pretty sure that McDermott wouldn't be interested in a player like Toney.  On balance, the Chiefs approach seems to have more success than the Bills' approach, but sometimes it can blow up in your face and it did on Sunday.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.