Toney saved us from another Billsy moment…

LabattBlue

It's weird to give the team all sorts of ***** when this stuff goes against us, and then to give the team no credit when this stuff goes for us. 

If you are in the game, there's always going to be moments that swing it one way or the other. We're just unfortunate that more have gone against us than have gone for us. Sure, there's human agency in there. But it's the fabric of the game.  Teams are under lots of pressure and players are human. 

Edited by Bill Grundy

Top headline from ESPN this morning:

Chiefs stymied by refs: Not what we want for NFL

"I've played seven years [and] never had offensive offside called,'' Mahomes said. "That's elementary school [stuff] we're talking about. There was no warning throughout the entire game. Then you wait until there's a minute left in the game to make a call like that? It's tough. Lost for words. It's tough. Regardless if we win or lose, just the end of another game and we're talking about the refs. It's just not what we want for the NFL and for football.

I didn't see an outcry when we got COMPLETELY hosed by the refs against Philly. But now that their beloved Patrick has a legitimate penalty called that costs their team a TD? Oh, now there's outrage. :rolleyes:

• Vomit 1
  • Angry 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I would have liked our chances with Allen having the ball with 1:12 on the clock and all 3 TO's.  Allen has delivered over and over again in that situation and the D usually folded. Honestly I was HOPING that TD would stand.

IMO, Bills would have went down the field and scored a TD

I was thinkin the exact same at the time. 

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

Top headline from ESPN this morning:

I didn't see an outcry when we got COMPLETELY hosed by the refs against Philly. But now that their beloved Patrick has a legitimate penalty called that costs their team a TD? Oh, now there's outrage. :rolleyes:

That's my problem with all of the Chiefs b****ing after that game.  Now they have created a false narrative that the National Media is going to run with that they were screwed out of winning that game.

6 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

That's my problem with all of the Chiefs b****ing after that game.  Now they have created a false narrative that the National Media is going to run with that they were screwed out of winning that game.

Oh it started the very second flag was thrown even though they showed Toney lined up across the LOS. Kermit blowing his top on the sidelines magnified it. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

What makes this whole thing so outrageous to me is that wasn’t a 4th down play or a last second play…mahomes was calm and collected and had plenty of chances to pick up a first down leading up to a fg or a td.  

he was only retroactively mad when he failed to do so.  The bills defense absolutely got a stop that they are getting apparently no credit for 

also the offense had plenty of time to march down for a game winning td so it was far from over either way 

My opinion

9 hours ago, wppete said:

I actually think Von probably played his best game yesterday since returning. that isn't a high bar but there were a couple of flashes, which is a couple more than any other game. I think he is toast but I am going to try really hard for the next week to believe there might be some juice left for the run.... because with AJE down we need him. 

28 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

How could they have been screwed it was very clearly a penalty. Andy saying it is embarrassing for the league.... I think it embarrassing for him and Brett Veach who persist with Toney because they gave up an asset for him when it is absolutely abundantly clear he is a knuckle head who costs them football games. He is a less likeable Isaiah McKenzie. 

It's on them for him still being out there. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually think Von probably played his best game yesterday since returning. that isn't a high bar but there were a couple of flashes, which is a couple more than any other game. I think he is toast but I am going to try really hard for the next week to believe there might be some juice left for the run.... because with AJE down we need him. 

He isn’t toast.  He just needs his bend back.  He doesn’t change levels yet because I think he is still feeling his knee out.  

10 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Von had a few effective rushes at the end. Bad game overall. 

Unfortunately, Von needed to play more snaps when Epenesa went down early.   

He won't be right until next year, although it looks like the gigantic brace has come off, which is probably big for him.

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I would have liked our chances with Allen having the ball with 1:12 on the clock and all 3 TO's.  Allen has delivered over and over again in that situation and the D usually folded. Honestly I was HOPING that TD would stand.

IMO, Bills would have went down the field and scored a TD

Uh huh, right. They had put up only two FGs in the 2nd half. But you think all of a sudden they were going to march down the field for a TD. OK. LOL

9 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Buffalo still would’ve had 1:20 and 3 Time outs to work with so it wasn’t a guaranteed loss, but it was stupid. Almost as stupid as having 13 men on the field during the game winning FG. 

Now it's 13 men?! Thought it was 12 men. 🤔

9 hours ago, colin said:

Wycheck died today, he was doing it to "honor" him by throwing it back against us.

That woulda been so billsy, eff him.  Hope he gets herpes from his GF 

Wycheck died on Saturday, NOT Sunday. 😉 Close, but no cigar.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He forced two incompletions late with near sacks, one on a third down in the red zone, forcing a fg. The one on second down on the final possession would have been a sack vs a normal qb. Was he not wearing a brace yesterday? I couldn’t see one.

11 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

What a knucklehead.  He not only saved the Bills season and maybe McD’s job, but he also negated what may have been a Mt Rushmore Billsy moment. 

He saved McDermotts defense from another schematic failure for sure, Sean should be sending him a bonus check and a Christmas card every year, 😂, but a win is win, and it was all within the rules of the game, great win!

GO BILLS!!! 

18 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He forced two incompletions late with near sacks, one on a third down in the red zone, forcing a fg. The one on second down on the final possession would have been a sack vs a normal qb. Was he not wearing a brace yesterday? I couldn’t see one.

Yep, he did. Good question on the brace. Didn't look that closely. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.