Patty is not happy... Boo Hoo!

Huh? What?

36 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And even after he points and looks back, he then proceeds to take another step forward!

Yes - while his head is turned looking at the ball, not the ref.  An example of "form over function" and "going through the motions".

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Looks to me as though he looks at the ref and points before he's actually set, then looks away towards the ball before the ref has a chance to respond.

34 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And even after he points and looks back, he then proceeds to take another step forward!

Exactly 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

He is like I have 2 rings, a billionaire GF and life is good.. who wouldn’t be happy being him? lol 

That said this weekend I see them beating my Pats 45-3 with the chiefs getting every little call even a new one called “personal foul 15 yards for making Mahomes cry automatic first down!” 

Would not be surprised if it goes the other way with all the ***** they threw at the refs after the game, it wasn't just this crew they basically called them all out.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

here is is.  Wasnt the one I originally saw but same film.  Ref never acknowledged either from what I saw.

Toney looks at the ref, turns back to look at the ball and takes 2 little steps forward.

This makes it worse.  Even if the ref said he was good, Toney then jumped forward.  If I'm the ref and I give him a nod saying he's good and then see him take those steps forward, I'm even more mad.

The WR is supposed to look at the ref and confirm when they're settled in their spot.  Toney looks even more like an idiot now.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Toney looks at the ref, turns back to look at the ball and takes 2 little steps forward.

This makes it worse.  Even if the ref said he was good, Toney then jumped forward.  If I'm the ref and I give him a nod saying he's good and then see him take those steps forward, I'm even more mad.

The WR is supposed to look at the ref and confirm when they're settled in their spot.  Toney looks even more like an idiot now.

That's like asking your girlfriend if she's mad before your girl catches you in bed with another woman and holding her to her original statement. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I've pondered this Mahomes situation for a while now and quite frankly it reads as pure entitlement and almost adds fuel to the conspiracy theories in that his very public outburst was like 'That wasn't the script and we were supposed to win' type of deal towards the NFL and referees.

Either way this team better hope they don't see the Chiefs again in the playoffs if they get there or I fear it will be a repeat of 2020/2021.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

His "logic" is weird.  You're right that Toney was more egregious about the called instance than most of the rest. 

But if you break a law repeatedly, it does not confer an obligation on the police officers to continue to overlook it.  They can stop you for any instance, and "but officer, I've been driving through this intersection the same way for months now" is not a defense or a justification.

I agree with this. What it has me thinking is why are the refs letting KC get away with having players line illegally?  Toney Offside more that one play and the RT always way behind the line. KC is pissed because the Refs let them get away with this crap and then "now the don't". It's bull crap. Every team should do as LC does then and scrap all the rules. 

On 12/11/2023 at 4:12 PM, Beck Water said:

Your math is correct.  Average of 63.4 offensive snaps per game so 127 combined for both teams.

One reason offensive Offside is relatively rare on a WR is that for a WR, it's a "things you learn in PeeWee Football" level mistake.  WR who are outside, distant from the ball, learn to check with the LJ.  WR who are closer to the ball, learn to check where they are relative to the ball.

Now for OL, there's a different story.  On some teams, the OTs "Chiefly" line up too far in the backfield, "illegal formation", so often they must be being coached to do that and taking the viewpoint they'll do it until and unless they're called for it early and often.

Ravens and Chiefs have followed Cheats lead.

On 12/11/2023 at 11:38 PM, Beck Water said:

It’s a “partnership” with the Refs for Andy Reid.  And Toney was only an “inch or two” off sides (but blocking the ref’s view of the ball)

Well All Righty Then

I would have been perfectly happy if the Zebras had thrown three flags on the play.

One for the Offside, one for the illegal formation on the Chiefs RT, one for the pick play.

The difference on the one flagged and the others Orlovsky referenced was Toneys hat was fully forward of the center’s. The others, his foot is even but the hat looks still a shade behind the center’s.

8 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I've pondered this Mahomes situation for a while now and quite frankly it reads as pure entitlement and almost adds fuel to the conspiracy theories in that his very public outburst was like 'That wasn't the script and we were supposed to win' type of deal towards the NFL and referees.

Either way this team better hope they don't see the Chiefs again in the playoffs if they get there or I fear it will be a repeat of 2020/2021.

Yeah you probably had more to ponder what to say after all the crap you spew around here and both your teams lost yesterday.  Your favorite team lost in uglier fashion than any McDermott team ever did.  Have to actually spell that out now because your team has a McD as well.

A few things for all the Chiefs fans and Reid/Mahomes apologists (in the fashion of the old ESPN series, "5 Reasons You Can't Blame the Refs for the Chiefs Losing to the Bills")...

1. The off-sides on Toney ABSOLUTELY was a penalty. It wasn't even close. It's not like his toe was across the line -- literally his whole body was across.

2. That penalty ABSOLUTELY could have been a reason for the outcome of the play. Let's not forget that it was Toney who caught the lateral and ran the ball in for a TD. I do not think it is crazy to believe that his illegal head-start played a role in his ability to complete that play.

3. It is not like the refs were trying to screw the Chiefs over after the result of the play. The flag came out immediately -- before Mahomes even threw the pass, before Kelce made the catch, before Kelce lateralled the ball to Toney, and before Toney ran into the endzone.

4. Furthermore, this was not the last play of the game/drive. The Chiefs still had 3 more plays to try to at least get a first down.

5. Even if the play stood, the Bills' offense would have had over a minute and all 3 timeouts to respond. I like their odds there with Josh Allen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

A few things for all the Chiefs fans and Reid/Mahomes apologists (in the fashion of the old ESPN series, "5 Reasons You Can't Blame the Refs for the Chiefs Losing to the Bills")...

1. The off-sides on Toney ABSOLUTELY was a penalty. It wasn't even close. It's not like his toe was across the line -- literally his whole body was across.

2. That penalty ABSOLUTELY could have been a reason for the outcome of the play. Let's not forget that it was Toney who caught the lateral and ran the ball in for a TD. I do not think it is crazy to believe that his illegal head-start played a role in his ability to complete that play.

3. It is not like the refs were trying to screw the Chiefs over after the result of the play. The flag came out immediately -- before Mahomes even threw the pass, before Kelce made the catch, before Kelce lateralled the ball to Toney, and before Toney ran into the endzone.

4. Furthermore, this was not the last play of the game/drive. The Chiefs still had 3 more plays to try to at least get a first down.

5. Even if the play stood, the Bills' offense would have had over a minute and all 3 timeouts to respond. I like their odds there with Josh Allen.

Really well put.  Mahomes was carrying on as though the flag was a walk-off loss.  Instead he got a repeat of the down, and 2 more downs, three tries to convert, AND if the play had stood, the Bills did still have time, timeouts, and Josh Allen.

Toney didn't just catch the lateral.  Kelce was open because in a pretty blatant pick play (my opinion) Toney wiped out the defender who was covering Kelce.  That's a penalty, too.

And, as usual, the Chiefs RT was lined up in an illegal formation well into the backfield.

There could have been three separate flags on that play.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.