Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

Great, much need win by the Bills. A loss and we were done. 

Now, will someone explain to me why, with 2:12 left in the game and KC with 2 timeouts and the deuce, did the Bills try not one but 2 passes (both fell incomplete) and gave KC extra time. They should have called a run, or for that matter even downed the f^%$ing ball. They could have kicked a field goal with very little time remaining and forced KC to use one of it's timeouts if not both. 

I truly cannot understand this logic. Does McDermott have zero faith in his defense?

Am I the only one who got upset at this strategy?

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's what's so crazy about the gripe.

It's clearly an indisputable and totally unnecessary mental error by a player on their team but Patrick thinks this falls under the whole "officiating sucks" narrative when it absolutely does not.

It's egregious piling on of the officiating by a team that just isn't as good as it was in recent years and is having a hard time coming to grips with the smaller margins for error that come with not being so dominant.

Exactly. When bodies in full motion and you get into "how much contact is too much contact", or "what is a catch" I can understand and I grouse plenty over calls and non-calls. But this was at standstill, and to the point where the line judge is saying he couldn't see the ball because Toney's foot is in way. And the argument against seems to boil down to "well usually we just get away with it" and "it wiped out a sick play brah, why you harshing my vibe".

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Now, will someone explain to me why, with 2:12 left in the game and KC with 2 timeouts and the deuce, did the Bills try not one but 2 passes (both fell incomplete) and gave KC extra time. They should have called a run, or for that matter even downed the f^%$ing ball. They could have kicked a field goal with very little time remaining and forced KC to use one of it's timeouts if not both. 

I truly cannot understand this logic. Does McDermott have zero faith in his defense?

No a lot of people brought this up and were baffled why we didn't run the football at all.  Only thing I got is Brady expected them to stack to stop the run on first and thought he would try to surprise with a pass.  Once that didn't work we were behind the sticks.  I just don't know.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Agree although a screen to Diggs can essentially accomplish the same thing but he flat out dropped it. But those play calls almost cost us the game 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I can see it both ways here. The Bills certainly don't look like the dominant team of the past. However, they are dangerous and capable of going on a huge run. Hope it's not too late. I'm happy next week is a meaningful game. 

The AFC seems more wide open then ever. 

Thats what gives hope for the Bills going far in the playoffs.

who are the top teams in the AFC?

Chiefs?  We can beat them

Dolphins? We have show we can beat them

Raven?  They may be playing the best in the AFC and they aren’t world beaters.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Also, please no more "Trade Josh Allen" threads. There was a throw, where Josh did a fade away going out of bounds completion, to Latavius Murray. The only other QB who can do that is Tragic Mahomes.

So please. Enough.

1000%

Allen is truly the Unicorn Man with these falling out of bounds throws! This one went back across & down as opposed to power arming from a spot. Itwas incredible.

Like others have postulated, I will take EVERY game where he guides them to 4TDs Passing & Running with 1 Turnover. Even on that play, Murray almost goofs it up running down the sideline! FFS! 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

This kinda stuff ticks me off.  Our defense has struggled for years getting stops late in games.  They finally got a stop, turnover on downs, against the chiefs of all teams!!!! And this is ESPNs headline!?!?   F you you lying a holes!!!!

“Chiefs stymied by refs: Not what we want for NFL”

sorry I’d post the picture but apparently my phone screenshot files are too big for the board? Lol

2 minutes ago, peterpan said:

This kinda stuff ticks me off.  Our defense has struggled for years getting stops late in games.  They finally got a stop, turnover on downs, against the chiefs of all teams!!!! And this is ESPNs headline!?!?   F you you lying a holes!!!!

sorry I’d post the picture but apparently my phone screenshot files are too big for the board? Lol

ESPN needs to fellate their golden child. Brady is gone, Mahommes is their heir

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

Guys on the WGR Jeremy and Joe show said it in the simplest and clearest way possible this morning.  Mahomes and Reid said the quiet part out loud about their true feelings.  The NFL and the Ref's should allow the Chiefs to cheat. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Guys on the WGR Jeremy and Joe show said it in the simplest and clearest way possible this morning.  Mahomes and Reid said the quiet part out loud about their true feelings.  The NFL and the Ref's should allow the Chiefs to cheat. 

Thats actually a great take and completely true I guess.  Thats also the treatment the Cheaters in Boston got for 20 plus years. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I don't disagree with you and would have loved to see at least one run there. However, had he done just what you described, then many would say "he went conservative and almost lost us the game. Gotta keep the foot on the gas there. 13 seconds and all."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I don't care if it was ticky-tack, the dude was clearly Offside. Dumb mistake by the player, and the ref decided to call it. I don't feel bad at all. Actually, I feel great! The Bills have been getting jobbed hard all year, and even in this game for the most part. Ticky tack call? Sure, but it was still legit. It's about time they get one to go their way. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Didn’t mind it, he was going for the win.  A conservative approach with the two minute warning and two KC timeouts could lead to just as much criticism 

14 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:
10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's egregious piling on of the officiating by a team that just isn't as good as it was in recent years and is having a hard time coming to grips with the smaller margins for error that come with not being so dominant.

"what is a catch" And the argument against seems to boil down to "well usually we just get away with it" and "it wiped out a sick play brah, why you harshing my vibe".

The ‘what is a catch’ thingee drives me mad. That’s just a generic FUBAR everywhere. In truth, both Kelce & Murray clearly caught the ball and Kelce fumbled after his knee touched- rendering him down. This parsing nonsense of the going to the ground and the ball moving one nanometer is absurd and needs removing from the rules. Same as the WR/TE stretching over the GL, like a RB and losing the ball as a result. ALL are catches and TDs!

Only fools don’t believe that the NFL Refs don’t anoint 1-2 teams or even QBs constantly, either looking the other way or coming to their Defense in critical situations. With respect to Kermit & the Chiefs, they are simply no longer tyat good and the reliance on the “we usually get away with it” nonsense argument is fading away… as they are.

That False Start clown had to be internationally ridiculed right up to the League Offivials DURING the game against the Lions, before it was finally called late. He had got away with a dozen before. Still is apparently.

The NFL moves on and if the Bills can pick up their pace late, they may start getting the breaks of the chosen ones!

And how about the break of changing the ***** algorithm BEFORE Mahomes retires,so the Chiefs play at Orchard Park? Hmmmm?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.