Greenberg - A Jets Fan - Pushing Back Against The Allen Hate

H2o

13 hours ago, boyst said:

the nuanced difference between cam and lamar is magnificent. especially on a pure passing talent level. newton was able to get away with many things because of olsen and smith being great targets for him while lamar in his prime and at times this year has been finding windows that newton never could.

i hate that both of these guys are lumped in the same pot because ...[insert comment here]... because it's not fair. they're quite a bit different.

Cam won his mvp and went to the SB with Ted’ Ginn as his number one receiver. He also set nfl rookie passing records. He was awesome until the injuries caught up. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Cam won his mvp and went to the SB with Ted’ Ginn as his number one receiver. He also set nfl rookie passing records. He was awesome until the injuries caught up. 

Wasn't Smith there???!??  Am I that forgetful?

Greeny doubled down this morning on Get UP.  He's sick of the Allen slander.  Pretty much did a monologue on all the amazing stats Josh Allen has put up this season and over the last 4 years.. and really only Mahomes comes close or bests him in a few of the categories.  He ended it by saying if they didn't have the idiotic 12-men against Denver and if Bass can hit FGs in Philadelphia, they'd be 8-4 and people would have JA in the MVP discussion.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Greeny doubled down this morning on Get UP.  He's sick of the Allen slander.  Pretty much did a monologue on all the amazing stats Josh Allen has put up this season and over the last 4 years.. and really only Mahomes comes close or bests him in a few of the categories.  He ended it by saying if they didn't have the idiotic 12-men against Denver and if Bass can hit FGs in Philadelphia, they'd be 8-4 and people would have JA in the MVP discussion.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

9 hours ago, boyst said:

Wasn't Smith there???!??  Am I that forgetful?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2015.htm

he had Olsen. And his leading receivers were Ginn and Jerchio Cotchery. 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Agreed. Also could have beat the Pats and Jets where the offense was in snooze mode for an entire half. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

At least someone on one of these major networks will sack up against the rest of the idiots who spew the same nonsense on a day-to-day basis. 

The 🤡's being 🤡's (in the first 4 minutes). They bring up TO's that overall did not decide the outcome of the game. JA gets his team a lead in the last 2 minutes against the Pats. The defense pisses it away. Josh Allen gets his team a lead in the last 2 minutes against the Broncos. The defense and ST piss it away. They don't mention that at all. It's just "his turnovers, his turnovers, they treat Lamar different," blah, blah, blah.

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

The 🤡's being 🤡's (in the first 4 minutes). They bring up TO's that overall did not decide the outcome of the game. JA gets his team a lead in the last 2 minutes against the Pats. The defense pisses it away. Josh Allen gets his team a lead in the last 2 minutes against the Broncos. The defense and ST piss it away. They don't mention that at all. It's just "his turnovers, his turnovers, they treat Lamar different," blah, blah, blah.

The first thing I see is 4 African Americans disparaging JA.  What does that make me????

Everyone talks about turnovers but if Josh caught fire here to finish out, could he still be the MVP? Is it within reach?

22 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The first thing I see is 4 African Americans disparaging JA.  What does that make me????

It’s weird and I believe it goes back a few years when everyone wanted to crown Lamar Jackson as the greatest player and face of the league.

Then Josh Allen happened and they’ve been really mad about it ever since.

25 minutes ago, Governor said:

Everyone talks about turnovers but if Josh caught fire here to finish out, could he still be the MVP? Is it within reach?

It’s weird and I believe it goes back a few years when everyone wanted to crown Lamar Jackson as the greatest player and face of the league.

Lamar was brought up.  What was funny is how upset Orlovsky was & he didn't get a chance to rebut.

McD too probably has cost Allen a # more TDs.

Now what too was missing Turnovers by other QB's and that this year the difference is only 3-4.

52 minutes ago, Governor said:

Everyone talks about turnovers but if Josh caught fire here to finish out, could he still be the MVP?

If we go 5-0 to close out the season yes I believe he will be one of the top contenders, especially if Miami loses to the Ravens and Cowboys which means we would win the division. MVP voters are desperate to give the award to a top seeded QB and the only one that IMO is really making a case right now is Dak Prescott. I don't believe the MVP voters will actually give the award to Brock Purdy.

Personally I think they should give it to Tyreek Hill if for no other reason than to show that MVP isn't just the "QB of a #1 seed" award.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Elaborate further on this. Please. 

here are the current MVP odds. https://nypost.com/2023/12/05/sports/2023-nfl-mvp-odds-pick-dak-prescott-brock-purdy-co-leaders/

Are these all African Americans or is it some deeper conspiracy?  

57 minutes ago, Governor said:

That would be a lot of losses for a MVp award. Obviously they aren’t his losses but that’s how it gets viewed. 

30 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Lamar was brought up.  What was funny is how upset Orlovsky was & he didn't get a chance to rebut.

McD too probably has cost Allen a # more TDs.

Now what too was missing Turnovers by other QB's and that this year the difference is only 3-4.

Baltimore has almost set a record for amount of times leading games. That has probably cost Lamar stats. Same thing with the 49ers. 

why are you making this a race thing? If a guy questions a player of a different race, is racial? Does that work the other way? 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If we go 5-0 to close out the season yes I believe he will be one of the top contenders, especially if Miami loses to the Ravens and Cowboys which means we would win the division. MVP voters are desperate to give the award to a top seeded QB and the only one that IMO is really making a case right now is Dak Prescott. I don't believe the MVP voters will actually give the award to Brock Purdy.

Personally I think they should give it to Tyreek Hill if for no other reason than to show that MVP isn't just the "QB of a #1 seed" award.

I do think is a joke that it only goes to QBs. I’d argue Watt or Garrett could be MVPs because they are carrying garbage offenses to playoff contention. 

and it would be a weird look to give the MVp to a guy with hill’s background. 

1 hour ago, H2o said:

steve carrell anchorman GIF by FirstAndMonday

On 12/6/2023 at 4:15 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

Go back & read the draft analysis by the Rosen supporters the day after the 1st round of the 2018 draft.  It started with the media members who were astonished that the Bills had the audacity to draft Allen over Rosen.  It was as if Beane questioned their manhood by choosing Allen over their boy, Rosen.  It had nothing to do with Lamar Jackson or your ridiculous assumption that Kirk Cousins gets treated badly because he beat out RGIII in Washington.  

I think there is a lot of so-called "reverse racism" in football, but I too see zero issue  for Josh/Lamar and Cousin/RG3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.