Knox and Elam back to practicing?

Spiderweb

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Tre is about the same as Douglas at this point IMO

So the way I look at it we are down two key players on defence.

Most teams in the nfl at this point in the season have at least a couple key players injured .

We are also down Von Miller as he is completely ineffective with that $100M salary.

Lot of defensive cap dollars either on IR or ineffective due to injury

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

We are also down Von Miller as he is completely ineffective with that $100M salary.

Lot of defensive cap dollars either on IR or ineffective due to injury

Von’s gotta be a scratch. Forget the off the field stuff, which is of course awful. Dude is a waste or space right now on the field until proven otherwise. This is a perfect chance to get him off the field for a multitude of reasons. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

Pretty healthy roster in total. No excuses. Gotta win these games. My hope is that kinkaid is still a big part of the offense. Don't take away his reps just cause Knox is back 

Milano their best player on D, and White their best DB are out.  Miller but a shadow of his former self.  Plus they have to face Mahomes in KC.  Roster not healthy and plenty of legit "excuses" if they fall in KC.

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Milano their best player on D, and White their best DB are out.  Miller but a shadow of his former self.  Plus they have to face Mahomes in KC.  Roster not healthy and plenty of legit "excuses" if they fall in KC.

Gotta give a shout out to Daquan Jones also.  I felt like the D line was noticeably more effective getting after the QB until he got hurt.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Maynard said:

We need Kincaid, don’t let Knox screw with that too much please.

It probably means we'll see more 12 personnel.  I have to say I liked that look a lot, but I hope they threw out the page from Dorsey's playbook that says "throw to Kincaid a yard short of the sticks."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, peterpan said:

Elam to IR was an excuse.  He wasn’t injured enough for the move, they just didn’t want to cut him outright .  Saves a roster spot 

Had that been the case, they could have left him on IR.

• Agree 1

On 12/6/2023 at 5:40 PM, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

Von’s gotta be a scratch. Forget the off the field stuff, which is of course awful. Dude is a waste or space right now on the field until proven otherwise. This is a perfect chance to get him off the field for a multitude of reasons. 

Putting the DV issue aside for the moment, I thought I read here awhile back that Von's knee brace was potentially coming off after the bye?  Hoping the added week off might lead to a healthier, more confident and effective Miller.

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/6/2023 at 10:27 PM, Mr. Wonderful said:

White is not even close to being their best DB. We will take, and win with, Douglas over Tre any day! Douglas has proved to be a very good CB. Something that Tre could only dream of after his injury. I think we are fine there. Milano is another story. Miss that dude!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

White is not even close to being their best DB. We will take, and win with, Douglas over Tre any day! Douglas has proved to be a very good CB. Something that Tre could only dream of after his injury. I think we are fine there. Milano is another story. Miss that dude!

Tre was starting to find his footing

That’s what makes that second injury so devastating

On 12/6/2023 at 5:58 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

do we still not know what is going on with elam? has the media asked about him? this is like belichick and butler

Problem with Elam is he shouldn't have been drafted by the team.  He's a man coverage CB.  Potentially I think he can do well.  But does not seem suited for a zone based defense whatsoever.

On 12/6/2023 at 12:51 PM, Steptide said:

Pretty healthy roster in total. No excuses. Gotta win these games. My hope is that kinkaid is still a big part of the offense. Don't take away his reps just cause Knox is back 

Well, except that our 3 best defensive players have been out since October, and a 4 th is recovering from an ACL, and might not play the rest of the year due to domestic issues. 

But other than that, yup, pretty healthy. 

On 12/6/2023 at 9:27 PM, Mr. Wonderful said:

I’ll counter that Douglass has played excellent, Bernard stepped up in a way no one expected and while vons not cutting it, Floyd/Aj have been lovely surprises. 

while I’d love those 3 at 100% there have been big impacts in each of their position groups. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/6/2023 at 2:16 PM, Spiderweb said:

Any chance either may be activated for the Chiefs game?

They've both been given game time designations of "questionable".

McDermott pointed out before practice that Knox needs to get into "game shape" and adjust to game speed etc so they were going to see how today went.

On 12/7/2023 at 5:36 AM, GaryPinC said:

Gotta give a shout out to Daquan Jones also.  I felt like the D line was noticeably more effective getting after the QB until he got hurt.

As someone here put it, he was the "straw that stirred the DL's drink".

On 12/6/2023 at 2:37 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Is Kincaid completely good to go? 

Doesn't have a game designation, so looks that way.

On 12/6/2023 at 3:40 PM, klumzyfule66 said:

Who gets cut when Knox is activated?  And Elam (If they don't keep him on IR the rest of the year)?

Kingsley Jonathan?  A Guard/OT?

Very good question.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.