Knox and Elam back to practicing?

Spiderweb

On 12/6/2023 at 4:58 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

do we still not know what is going on with elam? has the media asked about him?

Elam's technique as a DB has been offensive.  That makes him an "offensive player" so McDermott has zero relationship with him.

Seriously, media asked and McDermott said he wasn't likely to play this week.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Well, except that our 3 best defensive players have been out since October, and a 4 th is recovering from an ACL, and might not play the rest of the year due to domestic issues. 

But other than that, yup, pretty healthy. 

Honestly, the only player I think the bills are really missing is Milano. Douglass has played really well in place of white. Obviously we all want Miller to play like his former self, but Floyd has kind been filling that roll. Either way, we're playing a struggling kc offense and have almost the entire defense and offense healthy 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Honestly, the only player I think the bills are really missing is Milano. Douglass has played really well in place of white. Obviously we all want Miller to play like his former self, but Floyd has kind been filling that roll. Either way, we're playing a struggling kc offense and have almost the entire defense and offense healthy 

and even Milano… if I told you in august we had one lb playing very well all season and a rotating cast next to him doing ok but not great….. we would assume that was a logical outcome. Of course I’d enjoy Bernard-Milano but I think our lb play has been in the ballpark or abets we thought it be even if not how we expected to get there 

19 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I think we miss D. Jones the most. He had one of the highest pressure rates in the league for a DT when he went down. The Bills were getting pressure with 4.

The sack production for the entire line fell off a cliff when he went out.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Is anyone else really questioning the importance of having Knox back in the starting lineup, since Kincaid has been really spot on this year.   Do we really gain anything by having him back on the field at this point..  that Kincaid can't offer us.  Knox has been a good player for us but I think Kincaid gives the apposing teams a bigger problem to deal with,  because of his versatility when he is on the field. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Is anyone else really questioning the importance of having Knox back in the starting lineup, since Kincaid has been really spot on this year.   Do we really gain anything by having him back on the field at this point..  that Kincaid can't offer us.  Knox has been a good player for us but I think Kincaid gives the apposing teams a bigger problem to deal with,  because of his versatility when he is on the field. 

I'm afraid that Josh will fall back to old habits and throw to Knox if he's back in. I just hope for all that is holy that Knox is fully healed and comfortable so he can get back to being the (mostly) reliable pass catcher he was last season. That being said, Kincaid has DEFINITELY been an upgrade at TE (69% successful catch rate) and to relegate Kincaid to TE2 would be a FATAL mistake.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Lothar said:

I think this is a silly argument. Kincaid has now proven himself and will likely get the lions share of tight end targets. We will run a lot more 12 personnel and disguise run/throw options better with Knox back. 

The 2023 season has been silly in a tragic way to be honest, so yes the most obvious things cannot be taken for granted. 

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

and even Milano… if I told you in august we had one lb playing very well all season and a rotating cast next to him doing ok but not great….. we would assume that was a logical outcome. Of course I’d enjoy Bernard-Milano but I think our lb play has been in the ballpark or abets we thought it be even if not how we expected to get there 

Straight up, I felt the defense would be mediocre this season as we tried to fill in for Edmunds with a choice of a 2nd year player who had looked lost when he played as a rookie in Bernard, a career ST guy in Dodson, and a couple of lower eschelon guys. 

If you told me Bernard would walk on the field and own the position and even look like an upgrade during the first 5 games, I would honestly have suggested you might be "terminally optimistic".

If you told me we would lose White, Milano, and Daquan Jones by Game 5 and still be statistically, the #5 defense in the league coming out of the bye, I would have been incredulous.

I guess I should add that does go to show the limit of statistics, since we have had 3 games now where the most proximal cause of the loss was the defense's inability to "seal the deal" with a lead and get a crucial stop on the last drive.

7 hours ago, Steptide said:

Da’quan is absolutely missed

15 hours ago, Steptide said:

Gotcha. 
you think missing 3-4 of your top defenders is no big deal; I think it is a challenge. 

Not an insurmountable challenge, but not trivial either. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.