Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

In a vast majority of domestic assault cases, alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both are involved. Where am I going with this? I am guessing that the future is not bright for Von.

If it turns out that he is found guilty in court, will Pegula be willing to keep him? The NFL forced a name change from Redskins because it was deemed offensive. OK, is beating up a pregnant woman just a bit worse?  Again, if he is found guilty, the league will surely face pressure from women's groups, as well as other concerned citizens to punish him.

That said, the woman will almost certainly be bought off. It probably has already started. You all have seen this time and again with NFL players and other rich athletes, actors, etc.. Still, it is hard for me to believe that Von will come out of this unscathed. Sadly, the Bills might be hurt as well (salary cap, distractions, etc.).

I don't know the procedure for drug testing, nor do I know if suspended players count against the salary cap, but; if I owned the team I would want a drug test done immediately, assuming that I would be allowed to have him tested.

My main concern is for the woman and her baby. I don't think that she injured herself. My concern for Miller at this point ranges from slim to none.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

In a vast majority of domestic assault cases, alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both are involved. Where am I going with this? I am guessing that the future is not bright for Von.

If it turns out that he is found guilty in court, will Pegula be willing to keep him? The NFL forced a name change from Redskins because it was deemed offensive. OK, is beating up a pregnant woman just a bit worse?  Again, if he is found guilty, the league will surely face pressure from women's groups, as well as other concerned citizens to punish him.

That said, the woman will almost certainly be bought off. It probably has already started. You all have seen this time and again with NFL players and other rich athletes, actors, etc.. Still, it is hard for me to believe that Von will come out of this unscathed. Sadly, the Bills might be hurt as well (salary cap, distractions, etc.).

I don't know the procedure for drug testing, nor do I know if suspended players count against the salary cap, but; if I owned the team I would want a drug test done immediately, assuming that I would be allowed to have him tested.

My main concern is for the woman and her baby. I don't think that she injured herself. My concern for Miller at this point ranges from slim to none.

Not disagreeing with you at all however Miller, if this went to trial, probably won’t see that for over a year. By then he wouldn’t be with the team anyway.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/alleged-victim-in-von-miller-case-now-claims-there-was-no-assault

Here's an interesting piece on how it relates to the contract situation.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/von-miller-domestic-violence-allegation-jeopardizes-more-than-17-million-in-2024-guarantees

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, White Linen said:

My 18 year old son was held at gun point at a gas station in Charlotte NC. They stole his truck and smashed it into a convenient store attempting to shoot open the ATM machine.   All captured on video.  They were caught and arrested.  Prosecutor dropped the case.  

were they over 18? the kids who killed one of my heifers are under 18 and will not face felony animal cruelty because they're 17. they'll get nothing.

prosecutors avoid a lot of charges against some folks because it causes disparity amongst crime rates. no joke.

• Angry 2

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

One point I alluded to earlier is that the NFL's DV policy requires that the league conduct their own investigation, and the player be suspended if they believe DV occurred even if there isn't a criminal case.    Greg Hardy (Carolina DE) jury trial for his DV case fell apart and was dismissed when the victim disappeared (allegedly after receiving a large settlement from Hardy).

The NFL investigated and suspended him for 10 games anyway (appealed and reduced to 4)

Tyrel Dodson DV charge was dropped to misdemeanor disorderly conduct/disruptive behavior - he entered a diversion program and had the charges expunged, but the league investigation suspended him 6 games anyway.

Yes.  The NFL and the Buffalo Bills should temporarily suspend Miller and then conduct their own investigation into the matter, to determine whether the allegations are true.

There are reasons the woman may end up dropping the charges (money, security, fear), which have nothing to do with whether Von Miller actually committed the assault or not.

Bottom line... if Miller did what he's being charged with, I don't want him playing another down for the team.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Can't he be a normal guy and just fly to Brazil and take in a Tay Tay concert.

Sheeesh!

/smdh...

Have you seen photos of his significant other? Staying with her for a week, locked up in a luxury apartment, seems like it would be WAY better than going to see a narcissistic skank. 😉 But who knows, maybe the shine has worn off….they’ve been together 7 years now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Yes.  The NFL and the Buffalo Bills should temporarily suspend Miller and then conduct their own investigation into the matter, to determine whether the allegations are true.

There are reasons the woman may end up dropping the charges (money, security, fear), which have nothing to do with whether Von Miller actually committed the assault or not.

Bottom line... if Miller did what he's being charged with, I don't want him playing another down for the team.

Apparently, if he is suspended by the league, the team can void his contract.  

52 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The evidence is there for a suspension. Goodell doesn't need a trial to suspend him. The girl didn't just decide to call the cops and they show up and her have bruising on her neck.

He has to go.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Why file the police report then?

Strange turn. Why text a TV station? 

5 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

Girlfriend called a local radio station and said Miller didn’t assault her and nothing happened. 

So yeah, she changed her mind already. 

It was via text apparently, very strange.

• Like (+1) 1

Sadly this will indeed go away- it always does even when it doesn't - Tyrek Hill, AP, Mixon - this ***** always happens and the NFL turns the cheek- why because again they are good a playing a sport - 

I'm not saying I even know what happened and we should wait for things to come to light. What I am saying is these guys are treated like royalty at a very young age and every one gives them anything they want to get a piece of it. Should we really be surprised when this stuff continues to happen- it took an uppercut in an elevator for attention to be brought to things 

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Sadly this will indeed go away- it always does even when it doesn't - Tyrek Hill, AP, Mixon - this ***** always happens and the NFL turns the cheek- why because again they are good a playing a sport - 

I'm not saying I even know what happened and we should wait for things to come to light. What I am saying is these guys are treated like royalty at a very young age and every one gives them anything they want to get a piece of it. Should we really be surprised when this stuff continues to happen- it took an uppercut in an elevator for attention to be brought to things 

What do you think should happen?

His name is ruined now.  Half this fanbase & the NFL fanbase, for that matter, will never not call him a woman beater.  

She recanted her story and/or now states everyone blew it out of proportion. 

What is the league supposed to do with that?

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Common bye week activities 

Lord have Mercy Yolo. If he knew he was prone to violent tendencies against women you would THINK he would have learned by now to just walk away.

This is not his first criminal charges rodeo. 

What I want to know is what his contract actually says. And then I will tag @Tuco and he will break it down in laymans terms for me 🙂  Lets get to brass tacks here. It may take weeks to get there.

🍿

Edited by muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.