Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

2 minutes ago, peterpan said:

We’ve seen so many claims like this, turn out not to be true.  With instant media these days, no one verifies anything.  People need to wait for all facts to be heard before making judgments.

Von however does have a history of steroid use.  Maybe he’s been “rehabbing”

I agree, but like I said earlier in this thread, if his girlfriend called the cops shortly after it happened, and then they showed up to the house shortly after that, and she had visible injuries, he's done for. Now, it says that she didn't go to the hospital, so if the "injuries" were very minor...not even sure what that'd be, a scratch maybe?....then he may skate. Any black eyes and/or bruises that are black & blue, or even red, and he's done.

28 minutes ago, boyst said:

There have always been rumors and rumblings of him being an entitled jerk to people. Nothing I can quote from an article or anything. I know he was investigated for something a couple of years ago that was dropped. And I know at least two women have claimed to be his baby mama, with one flat out calling him a deadbeat.

Edit. Point of note. Just because it's not on his Wikipedia or other sources doesn't mean there isn't something there. No one acknowledges drew brees having at least 1 child out of wedlock from cheating on his wife.

You seem well-connected.  Heard any….uh…stuff about me?  Just out of curiosity of course. 

7 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Yeah, but one of them was a dick pic. Everyone with big weeners does that

No. They don't. And chicks don't even like Dick pics. 

7 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Yeah, but one of them was a dick pic. Everyone with big weeners does that

No. They don't. And chicks don't even like Dick pics. 

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

I agree, but like I said earlier in this thread, if his girlfriend called the cops shortly after it happened, and then they showed up to the house shortly after that, and she had visible injuries, he's done for. Now, it says that she didn't go to the hospital, so if the "injuries" were very minor...not even sure what that'd be, a scratch maybe?....then he may skate. Any black eyes and/or bruises that are black & blue, or even red, and he's done.

Sounds like you might have some experience in this arena. Incarcerated much?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, WotAGuy said:

You seem well-connected.  Heard any….uh…stuff about me?  Just out of curiosity of course. 

Only good things. 

You always make your bed when you wake up. And floss daily. you're a gracious and kind lover.

Just now, WEATHER DOT COM said:

well the Sabres show is from 11 to noon so that makes sense 

12 eastern. They extra point show js 10-12. Then Sabres show. Then OBL at 1

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

This is wrong but my first thought is "Does he have a morality clause in his contract we can leverage?"

EDIT: Just in case this needs to be said.  Abusing anyone is wrong, but especially a loved one.  It's horrific behavior that creates generational trauma.  I'm not saying Miller is guilty, just that the act of domestic abuse is disgusting. 

That was my thought too, you ain’t alone 🤦‍♂️

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I read somewhere we were projected to be $29M over, no?

sporac-42.jpg

And here is the cap space with releasing the 4 starters you want:

released.jpg

If we cut Dawkins, White, Johnson, Morse, Poyer, Harty, and Hines we can get down to almost $0 cap space.

Either way, we will likely restructure Douglas.  There’s CB1.  Benford is CB2.  Elam can be penciled in as CB3. 

If you think McD is going to go from not letting Elam even sniff a backup position on gameday, to suddenly being CB3, I have oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you.

Why are we signing all these players at market rates?  

Draft a nickel corner.  

Draft a Safety.  

Then we are back to spending more draft capital on defense, in a league that is dominated by the offense.

You also assume rookie players will be ready to start and play well. Are you willing to have another non-playoff season?

Edited by Einstein

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

A couple things here.   The Miller signing is quickly becoming the worst signing in Bills history.   The only way logical way to help his cap hit next year was to restructure, given his play and now this in no way can you do that now.   You cant trade him because no one will want him.   You cant cut him until 2025.

Secondly, and probably the most pertinent thing here...why in the heck is the writer of the article mentioning anything about him being a star in the league?   Just state he plays for the Bills, there is no reason at all to say how good he is at something given the content of the actual piece.

Counterpoint … it’s his football stardom that makes it a story to begin with.     The same thing happened in Dallas a dozen times on the same day and it’s not being discussed nationally.   Relevant to the facts in the case, no.   Relevant to “news”, yes.  NFL stardom in the news context is relevant because of stardom’s link to celebrity, not prowess.

We can await the facts, call this a bad event regardless of the facts, and condemn domestic violence all at the same time.

IMHO.

Prophylactics, before the replies:    “Dozen” isn’t a crime statistic I have access to.   I made it up.  Further, the fact that domestic violence is not unusual doesn’t make it not terrible.

Just now, rm -rf /* said:

Sounds like you might have some experience in this arena. Incarcerated much?

Weird vibes you have towards someone making logical judgments. 

The poster is stating what is obvious…

Seems to be that there’s a very big difference in her needing to go to the hospital vs needing minor treatment on site.

One lends credence to the idea that he snapped and beat her up.   The other is far more ambiguous as to what actually happened. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.