Teddy KGB

Who lost the game for us ?   

249 members have voted

1. 1. Philly doghouse

• Tyler Bass
    • Micah Hyde hideous 3rd and long defense
    • McClappy

48 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

What?  Gave up 4 TDs and a FG in 2nd half and OT with only one stop on the Eagles 6 possessions 

Yup. If the Bills don’t have the ball last or a two score lead in the closing minutes , McDs D loses the game. It’s almost impossible to argue against it at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Does that include overtime? I did not realize that number was so lopsided. 

Yes , I think it was 40 mins to 26 or something like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

It was a team loss.  A LOT of guys made flub ups that if only a couple hadn't we win the game.

But I have a serious question about the "miscommunication" play. I know a lot of fans are blaming Gabe.  I'm not a big Gabe fan, but how do we know he zigged when he should have zagged and not that Josh threw it to the wrong place?

Gabe sez it was miscommunication and they weren't on the same page.  Josh says he guessed which way Gabe was gonna cut and guessed wrong.

“I mean, no,” Davis said. “It was an option route at the end, and we weren’t on the same page. It’s that simple.

“We could have won the game. We’re confident, we had the game, it was right there. But again, toward the end, just me and him had a miscommunication, and it was a touchdown.”

Yeah, it’s an option route,” Allen said. “They were in zero, so we max-protected it. Understand they were coming to get me. I made a guess, and I guessed wrong.”

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/buffalo-bills-gabe-davis-josh-allen-miscommunication-philadelphia-eagles-nfl/article_3882f7a8-8ca5-11ee-9959-8f1e77fc211b.html

Gabe seemed to be going for the corner the whole way and Josh made a bad guess.

I guess they both screwed up.  Anyone have a better idea as to which one was truly at fault?

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

It was a team loss.  A LOT of guys made flub ups that if only a couple hadn't we win the game.

But I have a serious question about the "miscommunication" play. I know a lot of fans are blaming Gabe.  I'm not a big Gabe fan, but how do we know he zigged when he should have zagged and not that Josh threw it to the wrong place?

Gabe sez it was miscommunication and they weren't on the same page.  Josh says he guessed which way Gabe was gonna cut and guessed wrong.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/buffalo-bills-gabe-davis-josh-allen-miscommunication-philadelphia-eagles-nfl/article_3882f7a8-8ca5-11ee-9959-8f1e77fc211b.html

I guess they both screwed up.  Anyone have a better idea as to which one was truly at fault?

The common analysis is that if the WR beats his man cleanly he would break to the inside. This gives the QB more space to put the ball and takes the sideline out of the play. It seems this is  why Allen placed the ball where he did , giving Davis room to run under it for an easier catch. 

• Like (+1) 2

For me it’s one of those games where just one thing changes the game. They all played a part. The easiest change would be Bass making just one of those FGs, so that’s my pick. That is not to say I am happy with McD because I’m not. 

the Hyde play though. I wouldn’t put that 100% on him. If you watch it, the receiver actually pushed off Hyde which kept Hyde on the ground and gave himself a boost to make the catch. It subtle but that made a difference on that catch. No different than a receiver push off which is a penalty imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

How about Gabe make the right read or track it properly for once?

Edited by Billsfan1972

17 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Bass is getting a lot of extra ***** because we let some ####### block one of his kicks, he wouldn't have looked near as bad if that hadn't happened.

Bass has been ***** all season. He ranks bottom 8 on the year because he keeps missing field goals. He can’t even kick the ball in the end zone anymore. 

16 hours ago, Coach55 said:

McDermott has to win out at this point to save his job IMO.  No playoffs, no job.

With that being said, Trent Sherfield should be cut immediately - he clearly didn't know his plays.  Everytime he stepped on the field he was useless. 

Gabe Davis is getting a lot of blame on the last play, which we don't know if he deserves - this could have easily been Josh's fault. 

We left 13 points off the board. This should have been a route.  James Cook dropped a sure touchdown on the second drive and Tyler Bass missing 2 field goals (the block is his fault, he didn't get it high enough). 

The refs had the fix on from the beginning.  The amount of calls/non-calls were ridiculous.  You can't even quantify the amount.  There were so many obvious ones - even Romo consistently commented.  The worse thing is they weren't even close:

- Ticky tack Defensive Holding on Douglas

- Dion Dawkins questionable holding penalty to offset Philly's obvious DPI

- Sherfield obvious DPI no call

- Diggs obvious DPI no call

- the Horse Collar/IG call

- The McGovern invisible hold negating Johnson's 16 yard run

- The obvious block in the back on Siran Neal on the 4th quarter punt - philly got the ball on the 32 and should have had it at the 7. 

you missed hitting a defenseless receiver in the head on Kincaid. Also hitting Josh in the head late. 

19 hours ago, MJS said:

Hate to say it, but Allen's bad INT really contributed. He played great for 99% of the game, and the one mistake he made was a back breaker.

Yeah it did.  The momentum really shifted after that, it sparked the Eagles.  They were jacked after that, on both sides.  Almost as if they were looking for the moment to come alive, which they did.  

It was a bizarre pass by Allen too.  He threw into obvious double-coverage, on 2nd-and-8, to Diggs who was positioned 4 years shy of the 1st-Down.  

Davis was WIDE open down the left sideline for an easy 1st-Down pass.  Cook was open cutting across the middle on the right too and likely would have gotten the 1st too.

It was almost as if Allen was throwing to Diggs to keep him happy or something.  It was one of Allen's worst INTs of the season.   

It was a very I'll-advised pass.  

The Eagles logged 17 points, 136 yards, and 7 1st-Downs on the straight drives after that and starting at the 12-min mark of the 4th or so. 

19 hours ago, MJS said:

Hate to say it, but Allen's bad INT really contributed. He played great for 99% of the game, and the one mistake he made was a back breaker.

Besides that, officiating was really bad. Bass missing kicks. McDermott not being able to adjust well to the Eagles adjustments. And Gabe Davis not looking for the ball in an obvious situation where he should have been looking for the ball.

And every time Sherfield came in for Diggs, it was a disaster. What was up with Diggs? Why did he need to leave the field so much?

It sucked but I disagree given the Eagles had an interception and a fumble that started us out in their side of the field. As a result we scored 10 points from those turnovers. The throw and time in the game hurt more but Philly still gave us two scores..

Officiating and players not being on the same page cost us more points than Josh’s INT. 

20 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Add Cook and Davis to the poll. Officials calling zero PIs on 51 pass attempts when Slay was mugging people was another contributing factor. 

Feels like I should state the obvious that there was no single play that lost the football game but rather a confluence of mistakes and missed opportunities but I don't want to interfere with your lynching. 

I'm with you. By themselves none of those should have lost the game. But in the end any one could have won it.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Coach55 said:

McDermott has to win out at this point to save his job IMO.  No playoffs, no job.

With that being said, Trent Sherfield should be cut immediately - he clearly didn't know his plays.  Everytime he stepped on the field he was useless. 

Gabe Davis is getting a lot of blame on the last play, which we don't know if he deserves - this could have easily been Josh's fault. 

We left 13 points off the board. This should have been a route.  James Cook dropped a sure touchdown on the second drive and Tyler Bass missing 2 field goals (the block is his fault, he didn't get it high enough). 

The refs had the fix on from the beginning.  The amount of calls/non-calls were ridiculous.  You can't even quantify the amount.  There were so many obvious ones - even Romo consistently commented.  The worse thing is they weren't even close:

- Ticky tack Defensive Holding on Douglas

- Dion Dawkins questionable holding penalty to offset Philly's obvious DPI

- Sherfield obvious DPI no call

- Diggs obvious DPI no call

- the Horse Collar/IG call

- The McGovern invisible hold negating Johnson's 16 yard run

- The obvious block in the back on Siran Neal on the 4th quarter punt - philly got the ball on the 32 and should have had it at the 7. 

I thought he’d get a full season next year but now it feels like there’s a chance we dump him this offseason. I feel like the bar is probably winning record he stays 

23 hours ago, PBF81 said:

He's a regular.  It's always his fault.  

The lowest paid starting player.  He's the one.  LOL 

Anyway, that's a given.  

you know they're going to re-sign him to stupid money... you just have to know that... because "hE CAn BlOcK"

stupid is as stupid does... in perpetuity. 

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Again how do you know he didn't make the right read and Josh threw it to the wrong place?  I don't know which it was.  What is your reasoning?

history of davis not being a good route runner says that's on gabe not being situationally aware. 

1 minute ago, DeltaDigital said:

history of davis not being a good route runner says that's on gabe not being situationally aware. 

Perhaps. But really, like Josh, you're guessing.  

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Because he never has?  Hot read you go inside.

But as someone else pointed out upstream, the DB was to the inside, so the read would be go outside.

Still not sure.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

you know they're going to re-sign him to stupid money... you just have to know that... because "hE CAn BlOcK"

stupid is as stupid does... in perpetuity. 

They can't afford to. 

I don't think he'll be with the team next season.  

It'll be interesting to see how he plays and in what role elsewhere, and depending upon the QB.  

The only scenario that I envision him staying under, is maybe for $10M/ssn or less.  

But what do I know.  LOL   Besides, there are so many factors in play.  We don't even know if Beane's going to be here.  I'm not suggesting he'll be fired, but at this point given the circumstances, who knows what Pegula will do, if anything.  

Edited by PBF81

8 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

They can't afford to. 

I don't think he'll be with the team next season.  

It'll be interesting to see how he plays and in what role elsewhere, and depending upon the QB.  

The only scenario that I envision him staying under, is maybe for $10M/ssn or less.  

But what do I know.  LOL   Besides, there are so many factors in play.  We don't even know if Beane's going to be here.  I'm not suggesting he'll be fired, but at this point given the circumstances, who knows what Pegula will do, if anything.  

fat terry isn't going to do a damn thing. end of the day, he's more worried about his wifes condition VS winning a superbowl. I hope davis gets hit by a bus. 

• Dislike 2

On 11/27/2023 at 12:00 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Poll 

Well Mcd didn't drop a pass, didn't run or throw a wrong route, & didn't miss any kicks, so i can tell you who didn't lose the game for the Bills !!! 

But IMHO i'd say Cook, Bass, & either Josh or Gabe, could get a A** chewing because just 1 catch or 1 kick made & Bills Win !! 

But it's easier for everyone here to bust on McD ! I'm not taking away his goof ups, when you have Josh Allen at QB & 20 seconds on the clock you NEVER kneel down you go for the throat . And in a rain storm you don't take a time out to ice the kicker !!!

But even then those things lost the game because the other catches & kicks were missed long before that came into play . When playing a team the caliber of the Eagles you can't give them the slightest bit of anything if yo want to win .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.