Who should coach this team in 2024?

Kirby Jackson

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

LOL, just admit that you were wrong about him. He’s awful. His team scores 8.5 points more than every team that they play and win half of the time!! That’s an incredible level of failure from McDermott.

They beat up on bad teams. That just makes them frauds, not that the coach is horrific.

34 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

No. He’s the easy scapegoat. The next man up in the blame game. Our losses are by 6, 5, 4, 6, 2, 3. I don’t think a new HC gets you over that hump. Players are put in a position to win week in and week out. We shouldn’t take that for granted.

Kneeling with 20 seconds to go with one timeout should get you fired alone!!

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, JROC INTEL said:

Woah i’m here to slow the roll on Brady. Give him the keys? They guy has only been OC for two games 😅. Don’t get me wrong he’s been almost flawless but let’s be real. We need more data.

No, you just need to be right. He looked like the best offensive mind in football in 2019. It isn’t about resume, it’s about being right. McDaniel didn’t have a long resume and looks like a great coach. The same goes for Dan Campbell. I don’t care what some HAS done, I care what they WILL do with Josh Allen.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

LOL, just admit that you were wrong about him. He’s awful. His team scores 8.5 points more than every team that they play and win half of the time!! That’s an incredible level of failure from McDermott.

You are wrong and will be crying for McD to come back (if Pegula buys into the people that don't know ball narrative).  

We have the 4th most wins in the NFL since 2017. 

• Vomit 2

42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If it doesn’t work, I’d probably hire Bobby Slowik. Ben Johnson would be my 2nd option. 

Yeah these are the no brainer options for sure. I like Brady, he's been better than Dorsey in his short audition, but he isn't an innovator like the guys you mentioned. I'll lose no sleep moving on from him in exchange for an offensive head coach.

Recent teams that went from floundering to becoming Super Bowl caliber all followed the same formula - hire an up and coming offensive wunderkind and figure out the rest. Rams, 49ers, Dolphins, Eagles. That was their formula. Best part is we already have the QB so the rest is easy.

Unfortunately I think Beane has to go too. Let the new head coach choose someone that will find him next level offensive players to put around the elite QB. I like Beane overall, he represents the franchise well. But too many strikeouts in free agency and he failed to build around Allen. Whether he's more responsible or McDermott is I think you just need to start fresh from top to bottom.

• Shocked 1

Just now, RoscoeParrish said:

You are wrong and will be crying for McD to come back (if Pegula buys into the people that don't know ball narrative).  

Who freaking cares. We have wins because we have Josh Allen. This guy obviously couldn’t get it done after years of trying. There is 0 downside to firing him if you aren’t a loser. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

No. I won’t cry. He loses close games. He has talent. In 1 score games, he loses 2 out of 3 (despite his win percentage). He’s a bottom 5 coach. He’s the reason for 6-6.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, you just need to be right. He looked like the best offensive mind in football in 2019. It isn’t about resume, it’s about being right. McDaniel didn’t have a long resume and looks like a great coach. The same goes for Dan Campbell. I don’t care what some HAS done, I care what they WILL do with Josh Allen.

I get that, and you may be right. But how is he to compete with weathered veterans like andy reid. Don’t we want someone with a little more experience?

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

No. I won’t cry. He loses close games. He has talent. In 1 score games, he loses 2 out of 3 (despite his win percentage). He’s a bottom 5 coach. He’s the reason for 6-6.

Or he’s the reason we won last week and were even in the game today for taking a stance and firing our franchise QBs buddy and OC.  

2 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Who freaking cares. We have wins because we have Josh Allen. This guy obviously couldn’t get it done after years of trying. There is 0 downside to firing him if you aren’t a loser. 

We have won plenty of games solely because of McD’s defense in his tenure. Short term memory. 

• Vomit 2
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

McDermott sure put the Iggles kicker into position to be successful with that TO. Instead of having to rush on a sloppy field he got to take his time and set up. Ridiculous. My wife and even my 18 yo daughter recognized how dumb it was. 

Plus that TO would come in handy with 20 seconds left and only 40 yards to a FG.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Interesting list. Waldron is probably the best out of those 3. 

I won’t say they are my top three but each have interesting pedigrees to add to the traditional list. 

Waldron is an interesting candidate having turned around geno, and having background with Mcvay and bill b. Seems to have some nifty scheme wrinkles in recaps I see about Seattle. I don’t watch a ton of their games but enough to be curious 

1 minute ago, RoscoeParrish said:

We have won plenty of games solely because of McD’s defense in his tenure. Short term memory. 

Not enough

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

I’m nervous about hiring a guy with no experience. Not saying it can’t work, but there would most likely be years of growing pains

Nervous about what? Not winning against the Cowboys in a couple weeks in a lost season? I dont think anyone is saying to make it a multi-year deal. But might as well make him interim now and see how it goes. McD's already blown the year.

I won’t get into the Marv vs. McD debate.  

My point was he is one of the best HC’s this losing franchise has ever had. 

Two losers.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Nervous about what? Not winning against the Cowboys in a couple weeks in a lost season? I dont think anyone is saying to make it a multi-year deal. But might as well make him interim now and see how it goes. McD's already blown the year.

Ok you’ve convinced me. I’m saying he could win out this year and still doom us next year bc he see’s situations he hasn’t before through lack of experience as a HC.  

6 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

I get that, and you may be right. But how is he to compete with weathered veterans like andy reid. Don’t we want someone with a little more experience?

Don’t care. I want a guy that is aggressive and attacks. I want someone that puts the ball in Josh Allen’s hands and gets out of the way. McDermott is a loser and the stats all support it.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Two losers.

4th most wins in the NFL since he took over.  That ain’t a loser. 

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah these are the no brainer options for sure. I like Brady, he's been better than Dorsey in his short audition, but he isn't an innovator like the guys you mentioned. I'll lose no sleep moving on from him in exchange for an offensive head coach.

Recent teams that went from floundering to becoming Super Bowl caliber all followed the same formula - hire an up and coming offensive wunderkind and figure out the rest. Rams, 49ers, Dolphins, Eagles. That was their formula. Best part is we already have the QB so the rest is easy.

Unfortunately I think Beane has to go too. Let the new head coach choose someone that will find him next level offensive players to put around the elite QB. I like Beane overall, he represents the franchise well. But too many strikeouts in free agency and he failed to build around Allen. Whether he's more responsible or McDermott is I think you just need to start fresh from top to bottom.

brady got a bit tarnished in his last stop but not long ago he was very much in the list of innovative young guys. 

he’s not top of the list but he’s worth discussion probably. That he’s in house already might be his biggest knock if trying to turn the page cleanly but I’d have to wrestle with that a bit

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Or he’s the reason we won last week and were even in the game today for taking a stance and firing our franchise QBs buddy and OC.  

Lol, you’re comparing him to guys that had Jeff Tuel, Brian Brohm and Trent Edwards at QB. McDermott STINKS. He must go. 

McDermott:
Overall record: 68-41 or 62.4%
One score games: 28-26 or 51.2%
In overtime games: 1-6 or 14.3% and he hasn't won one since 2017. 

• Like (+1) 1

Winners know how to close out games when your superstar QB leaves the field for the final time with the lead.

I don't care how many Ints Josh throws or how many fumbles he loses or how many over throws he tosses. If he leaves the field with the lead, he's the reason you're winning. If there's less than 2 minutes left you better get him the W if you're this so called defensive guru.

So sick of watching these teams, most of them bad to mediocre just chip away at his prevent bend and break defensive schemes for the winning scores. 

Good coaches put their players in position to win, not play not to lose.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, you’re comparing him to guys that had Jeff Tuel, Brian Brohm and Trent Edwards at QB. McDermott STINKS. He must go. 

McDermott:
Overall record: 68-41 or 62.4%
One score games: 28-26 or 51.2%
In overtime games: 1-6 or 14.3% and he hasn't won one since 2017. 

I don’t disagree this team needs to be better in close/OT games.  I just don’t think firing the HC is the answer. 

Edited by RoscoeParrish

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Two losers.

Why am I a loser for wanting someone with experience like a jim Harb over a guy who had been our oc for two games? 

Edited by JROC INTEL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.