Per Benjamin Allbright, McDermott's "seat is warm"

HappyDays

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It too late…Beane and McDermott are already tied to each other.  They re-signed contract that expire at the same time.  Plus, if you are going to consider a fireable offense, Beane owns some of that with his roster management.  

It’s not in his DNA to turn on McDermott.  I guarantee he is going to go to bat for Sean 

He owes Sean.  He wouldn't have a GM job w/o him.  

7 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It too late…Beane and McDermott are already tied to each other.  They re-signed contract that expire at the same time.  Plus, if you are going to consider a fireable offense, Beane owns some of that with his roster management.  

It’s not in his DNA to turn on McDermott.  I guarantee he is going to go to bat for Sean 

I think you make a lot of assumptions, based on absolutely nothing.

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I think you make a lot of assumptions, based on absolutely nothing.

Not really…it’s based on logic and past history.  Apparently you think Beane is going to throw McDermott under the bus…makes sense!

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

He owes Sean.  He wouldn't have a GM job w/o him.  

That’s another reason why I believe there would be loyalty there.

Fans are so hell bent on McDermott getting fired they don’t want to face reality

1 minute ago, Best Williams Available said:

The people arguing to keep Sean McDermott around any longer suffer from sunk-cost fallacy. 

Not really.  People also know changing coaches doesn’t solve all the problems on the roster.  There’s no guarantee the team is better under a new coach and yes, it can get worse

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Not really.  People also know changing coaches doesn’t solve all the problems on the roster.  There’s no guarantee the team is better under a new coach and yes, it can get worse

Thanks for proving my point. All data points to this guy ain’t it. That should be enough to try something new.

• Vomit 1

53 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

That’s another reason why I believe there would be loyalty there.

Fans are so hell bent on McDermott getting fired they don’t want to face reality

Well yeah, what we want and what will happen aren't often the same.  LOL  

That's why you often here me say that what we want doesn't matter to the team.  So no sense in getting too worked up over differences of opinion.  

At the same time, if McD goes it'll be because Pegula got involved, not because Beane pulled the string.  

It seems to me that the biggest impediment to McD getting tossed is Pegula eating crow on that extension.  He should have waited to see how the season played out, but he didn't, now he'll look like a fool if he does fire him.  

At the same time, he risks fan mutiny and who knows what with team unity if he doesn't.  He may be between a rock and a hard place.  We'll soon see.  

But he's also thinking about Season Ticket sales in his new stadium, pricey ones, with PSLs.  

He's going to have to negotiate that minefield.  

Edited by PBF81

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

How about we let Mc D go,to Carolina and they give us their first round pick?

If he is so great, why wouldn’t Carolina pick him up? I’ve got $17 to sweeten the deal (can you imagine a gofundme for this…cough)

Edited by Since1981

14 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

Thanks for proving my point. All data points to this guy ain’t it. That should be enough to try something new.

Agreed, and unless the Bills hired another defensive coach and/or someone totally incompetent, they shouldn't all of a sudden fall of a cliff. We still have Josh Allen and can't afford to be fearful of making a change. It's clear McD isn't the guy

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Agreed, and unless the Bills hired another defensive coach and/or someone totally incompetent, they shouldn't all of a sudden fall of a cliff. We still have Josh Allen and can't afford to be fearful of making a change. It's clear McD isn't the guy

Complete BS.  The team was built by McDermott/Beane.  The next coach inherits that personnel and there’s no guarantee their vision is going to be the same.  

That means it could take a few seasons before the team becomes a contender again.

Wasn’t the criticism that McDermott was “wasting Josh Allen’s prime?”  A great way to waste his prime is by churning through OC’s and coaches.  Ask Justin Herbert.

7 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

we need the talking heads to start talking about it  Make the noise loud enough and maybe Pegula will pull the trigger and eat the contract

Oh yeah, I’m sure Terry makes his football decisions based on what Jeremy White of WGR says every morning 😃. Solid logic

34 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well yeah, what we want and what will happen aren't often the same.  LOL  

That's why you often here me say that what we want doesn't matter to the team.  So no sense in getting too worked up over differences of opinion.  

At the same time, if McD goes it'll be because Pegula got involved, not because Beane pulled the string.  

It seems to me that the biggest impediment to McD getting tossed is Pegula eating crow on that extension.  He should have waited to see how the season played out, but he didn't, now he'll look like a fool if he does fire him.  

At the same time, he risks fan mutiny and who knows what with team unity if he doesn't.  He may be between a rock and a hard place.  We'll soon see.  

But he's also thinking about Season Ticket sales in his new stadium, pricey ones, with PSLs.  

He's going to have to negotiate that minefield.  

You are correct - it all comes down to Terry and he doesn’t do any interview so no one knows what he’s thinking.

I think you are giving too much power to the fan mutiny/PSL conversation.  I think Terry knows what Ralph Wilson knew decades earlier.  

Bills fans in WNY and surrounding areas are incredible loyal and will support the team no matter what.  Plus he has 10,000 less seats to sell at the new stadium.

And even if he does experience a drop in ticket sales, it won’t affect the bottom line that drastically considering for a market like Buffalo NFL revenue sharing is a license to print money.  

To your point though, it has to be a difficult decision for Terry.  

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

In this case changing coaches to an offensive minded guy would definitely change the problems on the roster.  It might take a season to fully switch from being focused on the D to putting more into the O but that would payoff sooner rather then later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.