Per Benjamin Allbright, McDermott's "seat is warm"

HappyDays

24 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

I know another defensive head coach would not be a popular opinion around here...

But Lee Anarumo sounds really, really good to me.

And I think, if he was in Mcdermott's position this year alone, we have at least 3 more wins than we currently have.

Keep Brady at OC.

You can’t hire a Defensive head coach as the next hire.  The problem is, when your OC is successful, they get vultured up by someone else, quickly.  and someone like Allen has to start all over.

Heck if Joe Brady continues to average 30+ pts per game he might get tagged by another club.  You’re better off making Joe Brady head coach and keeping the system, chemistry, personality fit, etc.. the same for Josh indefinitely.  They can lure a professional DC for that side of the ball.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He took Tyrod Taylor to the playoffs.

Also inherited? You don’t think he was involved in the selection process? 

Andy Dalton took Tyrod to the playoffs.

McD was the guy who, but for Josh Allen, would be remembered for trading the right to pick Mahomes.

As for Josh, I have heard that the guy who was at least one of the primary forces behind picking Josh has the initials Terry Pegula. To be fair, I don't know one way or another as to McD's view of Josh in the draft process. I do know that, since McD has been the HC, the Bills have taken five defensive players in the first round and only two offensive players (Josh and Kinkaid).

Edited by Peter
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Heck if Joe Brady continues to average 30+ pts per game he might get tagged by another club.  You’re better off making Joe Brady head coach and keeping the system, chemistry, personality fit, etc.. the same for Josh indefinitely.  They can lure a professional DC for that side of the ball.

This.  

We could be sitting on the next Sean McVay.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chongli said:

This might have been posted already:

Wow. Just wow.

Our defensive HC - the one who loves to talk about complementary football and throw others under the bus - should take a long, hard look in the mirror.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The argument to keep him is

- second most wins and playoff wins in bill’s history 

- highest winning percentage in franchise history

- 5th highest winning percentage among active nfl coaches 

If the Bills fire him he will immediately land another job and there is a possibility he is replaced with someone worse. Based on history it’s far more likely they downgrade.  But if that’s what the people want let’s go… change is change anyway. 

Do you think he immediately lands another head coach job? 

I can't imagine an NFL fanbase that would be excited about their team hiring Sean McDermott. It would be met with apathy from many, rage from the rest.

18 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Our defense is so much Sean McDermott that it might take longer to rebuild. The offense would be easy to build around Josh but the defense would be a disaster.

BS, it’s a zone scheme, McClappy doesn’t have some magical voodoo about him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I can't imagine an NFL fanbase that would be excited about their team hiring Sean McDermott. It would be met with apathy from many, rage from the rest.

Yes.

He would walk into a job. Probably Carolina.

They need an adult in the room, badly.

32 minutes ago, Peter said:

Wow. Just wow.

Our defensive HC - the one who loves to talk about complementary football and throw others under the bus - should take a long, hard look in the mirror.

Thanks for spelling "complementary" correctly.👍 [It's stupid, but it's a pet peeve of mine.]

24 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Carolina Panthers would. Hope he lands there tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You asked if he would immediately land another job. The answer is yes lol

Let them have him, it’s a great situation, they need to create a culture, he can do that.  Once he raises them to above mediocre they can fire him too.

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

As for Beane, I would not have an issue if he were to stay as GM. I think that he has done a good job for the most part.

I do wonder if Beane is more loyal to McD as opposed to the Buffalo Bills. We shall see.

Why would Beane be loyal to McD?  Tying yourself to him is a dangerous game.

25 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

BS, it’s a zone scheme, McClappy doesn’t have some magical voodoo about him.

What he does do is run a system then customized personnel to it over years. 

Bernard isn’t a starting MLB in a lot of NFl defenses and neither are Benford or Dane. 

recall Poyer and Hyde were not starters early in their career. 

also all the cap tied up in the front 4 positions isn’t necessarily compatible with numerous schemes either. 

you don’t just switch schemes with the same dudes and everything is perfect…. That’s not how this all works. 

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Let them have him, it’s a great situation, they need to create a culture, he can do that.  Once he raises them to above mediocre they can fire him too.

Why would Beane be loyal to McD?  Tying yourself to him is a dangerous game.

It too late…Beane and McDermott are already tied to each other.  They re-signed contract that expire at the same time.  Plus, if you are going to consider a fireable offense, Beane owns some of that with his roster management.  

It’s not in his DNA to turn on McDermott.  I guarantee he is going to go to bat for Sean 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.