Kneeling 🧎‍♀️it down with 20 seconds left, one of the best QBs in thr league, and one TO

WEATHER DOT COM

2 hours ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Kneels. 

This coach is a total loser.

Why not try to win the game? 

He should be walking back to Buffalo. 

So pathetic 

Idk what to say anymore… I’ve just come to the conclusion that Sean McDermott is a chicken *hit head coach… Playing 6 7 yards off recovers on 3rd and 4 when we need a got a have it stop… He’s a Dick Jauron 2.0

• Like (+1) 1

Its really not that complicated especially if you hadnt burned the timeout to ice the kicker like youre still living in 2002. You can run a low risk play to try to pick up the first 15 or so yards. If it doesn't work, you kneel it. If it does, you get aggressive. Hell you could have even run a draw and see if cook can pick up 15. 

But the bigger deal to me was kicking the field goal in overtime. The eagles defense was just as gassed as ours. You could have picked up that first down. Josh was on a heater. You have the defending NFC champions on the ropes on the road without Lane Johnson. You have to play to win the game

• Like (+1) 4

I hated the decision to kneel it out.  For all we knew, we weren't going to see the ball again.  We wouldn't have seen the ball again if we had lost the coin toss.  

I'm ready for a coaching change.

13 hours ago, Bill Grundy said:

Because of the risk of interception and field position. 

20 seconds isn't a thing.  It's hysterical to make it one.

And if it is intercepted then this thread has a different title and the coach is called a moron. 

This is exactly what people mean when they say "playing not to lose."

(My apologies if a bunch of other people have pointed this out already -- I'm not reading this whole thread.)

Edited by BillsFanSD

1 hour ago, stlbills13 said:

Its really not that complicated especially if you hadnt burned the timeout to ice the kicker like youre still living in 2002.

To be fair, I think that timeout was more about making absolutely, POSITIVELY SURE that we only had 11 men on the field for that field goal. 

Now the fact that was necessary, well... that's certainly not something to be happy about, lol

Edited by Yobogoya!

That sums up Sean McDermott coaching style he isn’t much of a risk taker he coaches to not lose but not to win it’s just who he is. Yes I wouldn’t trust a coin toss. If the Philadelphia Eagles win that coin toss and score a touchdown the Buffalo Bills don’t see the football. So yes I would have tried with Josh Allen’s huge arm strength to throw it as was as you can a 9 route with 20 seconds to one of the best receivers in the NFL with Stefon Diggs. Even if Josh Allen is picked off it’s like a punt with what 13 or 14 seconds left. The Eagles aren’t doing anything with 13 seconds so the Bills go to overtime at worse in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

That sums up Sean McDermott coaching style he isn’t much of a risk taker he coaches to not lose but not to win it’s just who he is. Yes I wouldn’t trust a coin toss. If the Philadelphia Eagles win that coin toss and score a touchdown the Buffalo Bills don’t see the football. So yes I would have tried with Josh Allen’s huge arm strength to throw it as was as you can a 9 route with 20 seconds to one of the best receivers in the NFL with Stefon Diggs. Even if Josh Allen is picked off it’s like a punt with what 13 or 14 seconds left. The Eagles aren’t doing anything with 13 seconds so the Bills go to overtime at worse in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Plus the Eagles dont defend the pass very well. Ridiculous, cowardly move when you have the strongest arm in football under center. Does anyone think that Andy and Pat would ever do that?

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

no way Allen was going to take this team down and score with 20 seconds.  We aren’t the Chiefs and don’t have Mahomes.  It’s impossible.  

https://x.com/nategearysports/status/1728945601751244933?s=46&t=L452HseFOUPXMh5JPrb9nw

good reminder. But, Virgil, at Detroit Josh had :23 seconds (Bahahahaha)

:20 

quitting just didn't make sense. Bad decision from the same guy that blew it with :13. 

That guy is just is stuck in 1990's NFL.

15 hours ago, peterpan said:

Dude it should have been 3 TOs.  We wasted two while on D on the last two plays.  Eagles third down and Icing the kicker.

this team more than any other should know that 13 seconds is plenty of time.  20 seconds and 3 TOs is an eternity.

Absolutely this.

How on earth don't you at least try to get in FG range and let Bass kick 60 yarder if need be?

And there was no reason not to have 3TOs. 

This the last straw for me. McD needs to go.

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, as frustrating as it is, what impact did it ultimately have? We had plenty of chances to win the game in the 4th and couldn’t do it.

Would I love to see they trust one of the best Qbs in the nfl? Of course. But if they turn the ball over and gift the Eagles points, fans are killing him for that. I hate it but that is way bottom of the list of things that went wrong that game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.