Yet another choke job by the defense

Bermuda Triangle

Just now, zow2 said:

Based on the weather conditions and situation some national media are saying it’s one of the greatest kicks in regular season history.  All it took was to play the Bills. Does anyone miss a gargantuan end of game FG against us? 

Yeah I think everyone knew that was going to go in as a bills fan lol so ridiculous 

I saw a stat that said we were the most unlucky team this season by far 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Based on the weather conditions and situation some national media are saying it’s one of the greatest kicks in regular season history.  All it took was to play the Bills. Does anyone miss a gargantuan end of game FG against us? 

Well. When your HC continues to take timeouts and gives the kickers extra time to warm up and collect their thoughts that’s what happens. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

In the first half, Hurts threw the ball away a number of times.  The defense was applying pressure with the front four.  It’s pretty clear that the Eagles made an adjustment at halftime, as they scored 5 times in the 2nd half and OT. The vaunted and expensive DL was ineffective after halftime.

If the defense’s play was “fabulous” in your opinion, then I guess we have completely different definitions of “fabulous”

They were fabulous but couldn't adjust to what Philly was doing at the end. And it was pretty obvious they were playing prevent in the last two minutes and OT.

Our defense hasn’t stopped a game winning or game tying drive all season. If you wanna count the Giants game as a game winning stop I’m not….that was an obvious DPI that was missed. My issue is McDermott’s defense always and I mean always comes up small in big moments. Outside of the Chiefs game last season when has the defense finished a big game for us? I’ve seen Allen many times drive this team down the field for a game winning score only to have the defense give it back 

vs Patriots - Allen 1 yard TD + 2 point conversion, 25-22 Bills with 1:58 left……lose 29-25

vs Broncos - Allen 6 yard TD, 22-21 Bills with 1:55 left…..lose 22-24

vs Eagles - Allen TD pass to Davis, 31-28 with 1:52 left….lose 37-34

18 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yes, but our coach allowed 12 men to be on the field 😱

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They were fabulous but couldn't adjust to what Philly was doing at the end. And it was pretty obvious they were playing prevent in the last two minutes and OT.

Aside from the last 2:00 and OT, do you consider allowing 20 points in 28:00 “fabulous”?

5 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Our defense hasn’t stopped a game winning or game tying drive all season. If you wanna count the Giants game as a game winning stop I’m not….that was an obvious DPI that was missed. My issue is McDermott’s defense always and I mean always comes up small in big moments. Outside of the Chiefs game last season when has the defense finished a big game for us? I’ve seen Allen many times drive this team down the field for a game winning score only to have the defense give it back 

vs Patriots - Allen 1 yard TD + 2 point conversion, 25-22 Bills with 1:58 left……lose 29-25

vs Broncos - Allen 6 yard TD, 22-21 Bills with 1:55 left…..lose 22-24

vs Eagles - Allen TD pass to Davis, 31-28 with 1:52 left….lose 37-34

Yes, but our coach allowed 12 men to be on the field 😱

https://twitter.com/lifewithmikey52/status/1728980593269256601?s=46&t=5bplTLuS1AHzrnPA9SMGhQ

Bills had a chance to run away with this game.  D was dominant in the first half and gave up 14 points through 3 quarters.  Yes, they completely folded at the end but they gave the offense plenty of opportunities to build a much bigger lead early but many of the opportunities were squandered.   But, of course, no talk of how the defense played for more than half of the entire game.

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

While there have been games this season - New England, Denver, Tampa - where I think the defensive playcalling has been a significant factor in our defeat I am not sure it was yesterday. The majority of the 2nd half defensive issues were execution issues by the players - especially the secondary. I remain completely underwhelmed by McDermott's work as DC... but that is a broader point than yesterday. I actually think he called a nice game yesterday for the most part (talking purely defensive playcalls rather than TO usage etc) but unfortunately our players really struggled to execute in that second half. 

I think yesterday was a game the Bills players gave away more than anything. I think Xs and Os we won the battle. 

Jordan Mailata was dumbstruck at how bad this play call was in his post-game interview:

• Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Aside from the last 2:00 and OT, do you consider allowing 20 points in 28:00 “fabulous”?

https://twitter.com/lifewithmikey52/status/1728980593269256601?s=46&t=5bplTLuS1AHzrnPA9SMGhQ

You are playing a Super Bowl caliber team. They aren't the Jets.

McD crumbled all game he’s aggressive. To close it out with a hot offensive he sits on the 20 seconds, & rolls into ot without taking a shot.  In the ot drive he’s playing aggressive d all game, then defaults to the soft bend don’t break scheme.  Woof.

Edited by PayDaBill$

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.