Pass Rush is Feasting This Year

Yobogoya!

Just now, Warcodered said:

I'm sure plenty of teams get more sacks against bad teams that's just how seasons go, point is they're still getting pressure and a few in other games.

Oh for sure but I can remember in some big spots/ games, the pass rusher disappears.

I still believe 100% Frazier was scapegoat but with all the injuries this defense has had, I place little blame on their feet. They have held up as well at they can. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Every team with high sack totals for the entire history of the league has had their numbers inflated by outlier games. Lotta teams never have any outlier games, which isn't where you want to be.

I think with all these stats, I would love to see a consistency ranking/ opposition type metric.

Floyd has been amazing and Oliver has been really good. The rest of the guys have their moments but then disappear too often in big spots

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh for sure but I can remember in some big spots/ games, the pass rusher disappears.

I still believe 100% Frazier was scapegoat but with all the injuries this defense has had, I place little blame on their feet. They have held up as well at they can. 

I get what you mean.

Even with the injuries, I feel like whatever game-plan allowed Mac Jones post a 126 qb rating and lead a game-winning drive is... well, not good. 

Be very interesting to see how McD plays Hurts and Mahomes over the next few weeks. 

If they can just put it all together this last month and a half

sheesh no stopping them

look out I’d they continue on offense against the eagles - who doesn’t really have a HUGE advantage much anywhere other than the wideouts I think we can scheme for

could be a shoot out but hang on to your hats folks

I mean they beat the eagles and chiefs?  Holy smokes 

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Yep. Von Miller has been a damn beast

It is really encouraging that Buffalo has accomplished its sack production without Von Miller contributing.  I don't know that he can't be effective at some point.  I think sometimes we as fans undervalue the negative effect that injuries can have on player production even after players return to the playing field.

• Like (+1) 1

Off topic- but unworthy of its own thread.  Joey Bosa was placed on IR with a sprained foot.  

Eligible to return vs us, meanwhile 3 of the 4 games he’s definitely out will be played against playoff contenders, Ravens, Broncos and Raiders. 

6 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

So historically under McD/Frazier the pass rush has been... anemic. 

Between 2017 and 2022 our sack totals finished as: 27 (yikes!), 36, 44, 38, 42, 40

We now sit currently at 39, good for second in the league behind only the Ravens, with still six games to go. 

Individually, Leonard Floyd has been a phenom. One of my fave off-season moves of the McBeane regime, he's sitting with 9.5 on the season after last night's sack banquet. 

Fun fact: no Bills player has recorded 10 or more sacks since this regime took over. Closest was Jordan Philips in 2018 who finished with, coincidentally, 9.5

Of all the criticisms McD might face lately, there's no doubt he has definitely elevated the pass rush since taking over coordinator duties from Frazier. Might we finally have a double-digit sack artist under this regime? No matter how you slice it, the defense is getting to the QB better than they have in over half a decade. It's great to see! 

Considering Miller has provided zero production that is a very impressive sack total

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, bmur66 said:

Is Rousseau playing injured or what? He should getting sacks too but he’s not. 

I would like to know this too

I think you have to be real thoughtful about how much you play Von.   At some point he may be best off inactive.  He is no where near where he was. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.