My theory on how to fix the offense.

NewEra

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Easy.  Make Kingcaid the first read on every pass play.  Followed by Diggs, Cook then Shakir.  We’d win the Super Bowl as long as 17 stays healthy.  

So... your brilliant idea is to go in that order for every passing play regardless of the read on the defense. Holy crap! Why didn't Ken Dorsey think of that one for his highly efficient unpredictable offense? 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I don’t understand why they have him running such short routes.  He’ll catch a pass 5 yards from a first down and then have to dive for, but usually comes up short of, the first down.  Plus, his routes are by the sidelines.  I thought he was supposed to be the new over the middle slot guy?

Ask Dorsey. 

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

While I agree on running the Offense through Diggs, Kincaid, Cook, and Shakir - winning the Super Bowl this year is a pie in the sky dream.

At 5 losses, we'd pretty much have to win out. With the Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys, Chargers, and Dolphins on the horizon and us currently not even being able to beat teams like the Patriots, Jets, and Broncos - the chances are slim to none of that happening, regardless of the changes we make going forward.

I'm all for Bill-eiving and I hope we see some better games going forward. But we're not going from where we've been all year to a Super Bowl winner just like that.

Sorry, I guess I should’ve been more transparent.  More of a parody thread than anything else. 

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Offense for Kindergarten

Yes.  

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, BigPappy said:

So... your brilliant idea is to go in that order for every passing play regardless of the read on the defense. Holy crap! Why didn't Ken Dorsey think of that one for his highly efficient unpredictable offense? 🙄

Yup.  That’s my fool proof plan.  

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

It all comes down to 17 playing better.  He can have us go 7-0 or 0-7

It's baffling especially adding an elite weapon like Kingcaid 

Maybe it was Dorsey, we shall see but I've seen too many negative plays by Josh where he had multiple other options to make it a positive 

AND the oline and wr room completely healthy every single game the whole season. 

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Easy.  Make Kingcaid the first read on every pass play.  Followed by Diggs, Cook then Shakir.  We’d win the Super Bowl as long as 17 stays healthy.  

I do think we need to run this offense through Kincaid and Diggs, the way the KC offense ran through Tyreek and Kelce for all those years. 

Don't make defenses game plan to stop just one of them. Make defenses game plan to stop BOTH OF THEM.

If one gets shut down, feed the other. If they adjust to stopping that guy, go back. If neither is working, the run game is probably wide open. THEN YOU FEED COOK. 

We should have a mindset of attacking defenses wherever they're weakest, and then feature that player UNTIL THEY STOP IT. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

Diggs and Kincaid have definitely been reads 1 and 2. I’d like to see them go to Cook as 3 more as well. 

4 hours ago, Lane Meyer K12 said:

Stop lining up in shotgun formation so much, run the ball more and use play action more. 

And stop going pass, pass, pass, incompletion, run, run run, stuff, pass, pass, pass…

• Like (+1) 2

How about use Harty like Beasley underneath on short routes.  Run some screens w the rbs.  Do more one step quick passes like in the TB game.  Use more motion  Run more from the I  w Josh under center  Run the middle rb screen.  Kincaid down the seam.  End arounds, jet shuffle pass  

Maybe not call that sideline mesh concept ever again and spend half a practice on ball security  Guys still not putting the ball into the sideline hand and covering it up w both hands in traffic 

There is a lot of scheme stuff that needs to be fixed. But a mindset shift needs to take place. Not sure if McD can handle it though. For whatever reason McD has come to a place that he would rather win 20-10 than 42-35. This has led to the conservative, complementary football or whatever you want to call it approach. He wants to play the time of possession game rather than the uptempo get as many plays off as you can game. He does not like scoring in 2 minutes and would rather drag it out. This is O and I dont think this league is built like that. I think the MIA game is a good example, as I believe McD felt he could not stop MIA from scoring so was willing to go full throttle with the O. We saw the result. We need to get back to that. The slow, time of possession game can be played in the handful of games that we wind up with second half blowouts. 

55 minutes ago, chongli said:

thats an interesting team stat. Especially for one that just fired their OC. Makes one think the issues are beyond just the offense. But i know weeks 2-4 skewed the numbers too. You take those weeks out & goodbye scoring margin.

Also Sean McDermott 7-14 in 7 point games these past 3 years.

GO BILLS

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

It all comes down to 17 playing better.  He can have us go 7-0 or 0-7

It's baffling especially adding an elite weapon like Kingcaid 

Maybe it was Dorsey, we shall see but I've seen too many negative plays by Josh where he had multiple other options to make it a positive 

should be interesting as now there is nowhere else to go with blame other than 17.   

IMO, most of the disappointing offense is Josh's not being willing to play QB, he wants to be Superman.  Defenses know how to contain and beat the latter, not  so much the former. 

Is what it is.  Fans just don't want to face it (yet)

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

should be interesting as now there is nowhere else to go with blame other than 17.   

IMO, most of the disappointing offense is Josh's not being willing to play QB, he wants to be Superman.  Defenses know how to contain and beat the latter, not  so much the former. 

Is what it is.  Fans just don't want to face it (yet)

He has been playing QB.  He has made some bad decisions on where to throw the ball.  But guys have not been open much with the routes and scheme we have been running.  Here is a telling stat.  Diggs yards per catch this year is 11.9!  That horrible.  He is supposed to be a top WR.  It needs to be up a lot closer to at least 15.  My point is we are running way too many routes near the line of scrimmage.  A football field is long and wide.  Guys need to be all over the place.  Kincaid's yards per catch is only 8.7.  Are you kidding me?  That's awful for a TE w this guys talent to get down the field.  Dorsey's scheme completely choked down the offense.  

Start running guys at least 10,15, 20+ yards down the field and things will open up.  Watch the highlights from the Lions-Chargers game.  Lions had guys running all over the field.  Both teams did for that matter.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.