Firing Dorsey did not solve Bills' number 1 problem: Sean McDermott (damning Warren Sharp article)

Logic

Answer to the two high safety zone ?

let Josh Run and have options challenging those safeties to make a choice. Let Josh gash you and stay home in deep coverage. Commit to cut Josh off and he wrecks you deep. Dorsey lost his job because he would not adapt. Stayed with the same tired predictable offense. No creativity at all. Hope Brady can adjust.

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Then say they didn’t get enough good linemen, not “refused to draft” them. 

He jumped at HC opportunities because almost everyone does.

Ok, I can play this game too Chans....Sean didn't select Beane as GM....Beane didn't do a poor job drafting quality olineman,  giving Josh a fighting chance at a run game since 2018.  None of this comes back to Sean because in your eyes he's untouchable.  Got it.....

46 minutes ago, Chaos said:

One can argue the details. But Sharp has accurately identified the key problem. 

Nothing many of us didn’t already know but I like some of the supporting detail he put around it.

McD has always been a control freak. He is set in his philosophy. I was frankly shocked that he let Daboll open up the offense in 2020 or it’s possible that Daboll went rogue, thus the friction between them. And there is no doubt in my mind that he had a hand in Dorsey’s offense. And I’m pretty sure I know what will happen with Brady’s offense….

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Ok, I can play this game too Chans....Sean didn't select Beane as GM....Beane didn't do a poor job drafting quality olineman,  giving Josh a fighting chance at a run game since 2018.  None of this comes back to Sean because in your eyes he's untouchable.  Got it.....

I didn’t say he was untouchable.

if you want to present some arguments that he needs to get fired, I probably won’t disagree with a lot of them. But it’s silly to be a part of the mob mentality and spout things that don’t stand up to even basic scrutiny.

10 minutes ago, Jukester said:

Nothing many of us didn’t already know but I like some of the supporting detail he put around it.

McD has always been a control freak. He is set in his philosophy. I was frankly shocked that he let Daboll open up the offense in 2020 or it’s possible that Daboll went rogue, thus the friction between them. And there is no doubt in my mind that he had a hand in Dorsey’s offense. And I’m pretty sure I know what will happen with Brady’s offense….

At this point, with McDermott's seat getting hotter and the offense not working well enough so far this season, why would he meddle in Brady's offense when while he was meddling (if he was), it wasn't working?  And if it continues not to work, he'll probably be fired.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes and everybody with the exception of Dawkins & Torrence are terrible.  Morse is no where near the center he was in KC.

That must be why his fellow players in the NFLPA recently voted him as the 5th best center in the entire league.

But I'm sure you know better than the guys he goes up against every week. <_<

• Thank you (+1) 1

Couldn’t finish reading it, seems like bad fanfic. No issue moving away from McDermott, but this article seems crap.  Even the fans used to cry when we ran Josh. Whatever, dude got his engagement with this *****.  We barely ducking run the ball and he spends multiple paragraphs talking about our focus on it, lol

I wish Beane would see these points  and realize it’s McD that’s killing this team and the one who forced the SB window closed with his stubbornness. The OL has played great this year though, so I can’t get on board with that. I will say McD is ruining Allen and wasting his prime years 

Edited by PauleeeWalnuts

2 hours ago, juno999 said:

I would add that Daboll held Allen accountable.  As fans, we saw it on the sidelines at times.

I think McD doesn't want Allen to run out of fear of injury.  I get it to some degree but Allen needs to run some in order to give the defense something else to defend.  Bills offense is too vanilla right now.

Nobody wants Allen taking unnecessary hits. But he can make much better use of his mobility and playmaking ability than he has in Dorsey’s offence. Its not that he can’t execute from the pocket. He can and should. Nor does it mean that the Bills shouldn’t rely on their RBs more.

He has the ability to be creative as a playmaker with the ball in his hands outside the pocket. I think as a physical player he needs that to get the best out of his game. This doesn’t make him a running back, just a more impactful quarterback. 

3 hours ago, warrior9 said:

The funny thing about all of this is Josh is having the lowest percentage of turnover worthy throws in his career with the highest completion percentage.

This is a result of us doing what the fans have wanted and going all short passing all the time. It's great for completion percentage but it also creates long meticulous drives with a lot of chances for something to go wrong. Defenses have no reason to fear this group of pass catchers getting behind them so they can squat on short and intermediate routes which means they're getting tackled at the catch point. The margin for error is too low in that kind of offensive structure.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is a result of us doing what the fans have wanted and going all short passing all the time. It's great for completion percentage but it also creates long meticulous drives with a lot of chances for something to go wrong. Defenses have no reason to fear this group of pass catchers getting behind them so they can squat on short and intermediate routes which means they're getting tackled at the catch point. The margin for error is too low in that kind of offensive structure.

People were SCREAMING last year for fewer deep shots, higher comp%, more checkdowns

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

People were SCREAMING last year for fewer deep shots, higher comp%, more checkdowns

They still are! 70% completion percentage, 3rd highest in the league even with all of the drops, and they want him to take LESS risks. It's crazy.

It's a no-win situation with this personnel though. We can't throw the ball downfield, and our pass catchers have no YAC potential. Basically our only avenue to success is run the ball effectively and try to work down the field meticulously.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I didn’t say he was untouchable.

if you want to present some arguments that he needs to get fired, I probably won’t disagree with a lot of them. But it’s silly to be a part of the mob mentality and spout things that don’t stand up to even basic scrutiny.

I've been giving arguments for him to get fired since 13 seconds.  I'm tired trying to convince the hard core McD supporters to "see the obvious".  And why is it when over 80% of Bills fans now want him replaced,  that becomes a mob mentality?  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.