Would you today trade places with Texans fans?

Pine Barrens Mafia

Would ya?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade places with a Texans fan, right now?

• You better believe it?
    • How dare you make me clutch my pearls in shock? NO!

One team on the rise about to become a contender next year vs a team on a downward spiral who will seemingly have to start from scratch to rebuild  around a generational QB in his 6th year? 

Id trade places. Except that means I’d have to root for anything in the state of TX, so my therapy bill would increase. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

One team on the rise about to become a contender next year vs a team on a downward spiral who will seemingly have to start from scratch to rebuild  around a generational QB in his 6th year? 

Id trade places. Except that means I’d have to root for anything in the state of TX, so my therapy bill would increase. 

I don't exactly see that as true, even if this season keeps going the way it is, this team could very well turn it around completely next season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Not in any way imaginable.  

Having to root for anything in Texas is a no any way shape or form.

What is so bad about Texas that you had to add that to your response?

I don't live in Texas.  Have been there a few times (Dallas and Austin are nice places)  And I don't live in the Buffalo area (did when I was younger) so I am curious what that is about?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

I don't exactly see that as true, even if this season keeps going the way it is, this team could very well turn it around completely next season.

its not true in any way.  This offense will add a second wr next year and maybe a young center but  the rest of it will be ready to go.  Its a plug and play situation with a new coordinator and potential new scheme.  

The defense will be in transition because of the 1 year contracts....but even that is not that out of the ordinary in todays league.  

anyone who thinks the Bills are starting from scratch next year have no idea what they are talking about.

also the other thing that no one mentions here about next year is that if this ship stays on the path its on....For the first time in a while it will not play a first place schedule.  That is going to be a huge positive for a new staff...or new coordinator.  Ironically next year the bills are scheduled to host the winner of the AFC West....its almost a travesty that it might be the chargers and not the chiefs.....the chiefs who they would not play.

They could end up going to the 2nd or 3rd place finishers of the AFC North and NFC North.  Playing the afc south next year along with the nfc west will be just what the doctor ordered for a turnaround.   An away schedule that includes a bad pats team, the rams, colts, texans....possibly cleveland and GB or Minnesota is perfect.  Home games vs the jags, niners and again potentially the chargers or raiders is a setup to a winning season.

when the misery of this season is turned around...hopefully during the year or mercifully at the end of the year....The positivity towards this team should be off the charts.  Possible new staff or just an offensive coordinator....the draft, free agency and favorable schedule will lead to all the positives coming back.

A situation where they get a new OC with a proven system, a new #2 wr, maybe a new center and backup rb along with some new defensive players is going to be fun.

8 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I don't live in Texas.  Have been there a few times (Dallas and Austin are nice places)  And I don't live in the Buffalo area (did when I was younger) so I am curious what that is about?

I do not like it.  

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

A lot of Western New Yorkers have these prejudicial images of Texans driving pickup truck with a shotgun and chewing tobacco.  Most with those prejudicial thoughts have rarely been to Texas much lest out of the Nprth East.

• Like (+1) 1

There is no guarantee that the Texans will continue to improve. They just lost to the winless Panthers. Stroud will probably still have up and down performances for the next couple seasons, and it’s possible that the league begins to learn his tendencies. Baker Mayfield and the Browns looked like they were going to be contenders for years.

This version of the Bills has a much larger body of work. Very reactionary thread. Go ahead and be a Texans fan though.

Just now, Gregg said:

Stroud is probably a lock for OROTY and is in the conversation for MVP. Ryans might win coach of the year but that probably goes to Campbell if the Lions win their division.

Vince Young won OROY. Jauron is a former Coach of the year. Early potential means nothing. Those kind of awards mean nothing for long term success. The Texans have a window to succeed. But a lot can happen.

• Like (+1) 1

I live in Texas and the answer is no. But, would it be nice to be on the way up instead of the way down? Sure. 

Now, what the Texans really need to do is fight for their right to rebrand as the Houston Oilers. The Titans don't need to hold on to that heritage. That's dumb. And the Texans? Also a dumb name. It's like when the Charlotte Hornets left Charlotte and then a new team started in Charlotte but they called them the Bobcats. And then they got smart and said, "Charlotte Bobcats is a stupid name for a franchise." And they became the Charlotte Hornets again. 

So, I don't want to hear anything about Houston football until they go back to their proper name and have a head coach who wears a big 10-gallon hat. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.