DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

58 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Look this is McDermott using the last "blame" he can before Terry has to fire his butt.  McDermott has been the problem and he needs to go.

Maybe Josh isn't motivated because he is thinking "WTF bother?"  Has that ever occurred to anyone?  He knows what he is up against in McDermott and as I said a couple of weeks ago, I feel the ONLY way this is resolved is for Josh to set up a one-on-one with Terry and say "If he stays, then I go. I'll give you the rest of the season, but after that, a decision has to be made".

Do you even understand how NFL contract work?

1 hour ago, gobills404 said:

That must be why his completion% and successful play% are so low. No chance in hell they’re both second best in the league. Oh wait.

While we are looking at those great stats we should also factor in that he is currently the best at turning the ball over.

And he was the best at that in 2022 with 19.

It matters when talking about reading coverages...and getting the ball where it needs to be or just handling snaps.

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

Right. And yours is Allen is doing great right now. Expecting your franchise elite qb to not make rookie mistakes is too much to ask in your book apparently. Hopefully that’s not the sentiment at OBD or this team will never win a championship. 

It goes hand and hand. Look at Donovan McNabb with and without Andy Reid. If you put Mahommes in this predictable offense, we'd be saying the same thing about him. It's too hard in the NFL to win, and takes the perfect marriage of a coach and QB. You need both. Not sure why we're trying to separate that. Do people on here want to get rid of Allen? This is getting absurd.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you even understand how NFL contract work?

Yes. He walks in and says I sit. the worst they can do is fine him (who cares he has millions) and at worst ask for the pro-rated amount of his signing bonus back.  Trade him is about all they can do as he takes up a ton of their cap and again he has millions to sit on and can outlast the fines. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yes. He walks in and says I sit. the worst they can do is fine him (who cares he has millions) and at worst ask for the pro-rated amount of his signing bonus back.  Trade him is about all they can do as he takes up a ton of their cap and again he has millions to sit on and can outlast the fines. 

Do you realize how insane this sounds?

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Josh Allen's dead cap is more than double his cap hit next year. And in any case, we have had no indication that Josh Allen has any problem with McDermott. We just assume that he's mad because we're mad.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, WideNine said:

While we are looking at those great stats we should also factor in that he is currently the best at turning the ball over.

It matters when talking about reading coverages...and getting the ball where it needs to be or just handling snaps.

So we're saying that for 2022 and 2023, when Dorsey was the OC, JA became very turnover prone. This still leads me to believe that Dorsey was the problem because his offense was overly simplistic in its presentation but extremely complex in its execution. The defense knew what the offense wanted to do, and could easily bait JA into making the wrong throw because the plays only work if everyone on the field is on the same page.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, uninja said:

So we're saying that for 2022 and 2023, when Dorsey was the OC, JA became very turnover prone. This still leads me to believe that Dorsey was the problem because his offense was overly simplistic in its presentation but extremely complex in its execution. The defense knew what the offense wanted to do, and could easily bait JA into making the wrong throw because the plays only work if everyone on the field is on the same page.

A lot of gray area when assessing accountability with so much conjecture, but I would not argue that Allen has not regressed under Dorsey's tenure as OC.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Burrow has also taken care of the ball better with only 6 INTs to Allen's 11 and only 2 fumbles to Allen's 4.

Let's be clear here:  Burrow has a total of 14 TD's and 6 INT's and 1 LOST FUMBLE.  I don't care about "fumbles" only lost fumbles.  Allen has 26 total TD's and 11 INT's and 3 lost fumbles.

So Burrow's TD/TO ration is a very good 2 and Allen's is an almost as good 1.85.  Anyway you slice the data the "Allen is a TO machine" narrative is way overblown.  BTW, Burrow's 2 BAD INT's in the 4th quarter against the Texans lost the Bengal's that game.  Allen's TO against Denver ere nowhere near as damaging or as bad.

But hey I'm an Allen apologist so hat do I know.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, WideNine said:

This is fun.  Now do what % of offensive yards he was responsible for in 21 and 22.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Peter said:

This is for you "dude":

I posted this elsewhere but it also is pertinent here for all of you Dorsey haters:

Brady clearly needs to get the offense to perform better. Everyone can see the offense has major issues. Scoring 7 points for 55 minutes is not good, which we have done for multiple games. Getting outschemed or outplayed by bad teams is not good. Having massive execution issues is not good. They have virtually no injuries outside of Knox.

If your opinion is that this is the third best offense in football, which is what DVOA says, I 100% disagree. If you say maybe that’s a little overrated, then you agree that stat is not correct and we are just haggling. 

We have a top 5 QB and a top 5 WR, in year 6 of the same offensive system. Rookie mistakes should still not be happening.

And yes, that includes the players. You can’t fire every player. You fire the guy who coaches them if they all continue to play badly.

What I LOVE is folks who point to EPA/play and DVOA and ALSO say that the players sucking isn’t Dorsey’s fault. If the numbers are great, I guess the players don’t suck either. Unless the numbers are wrong. Because of course they are.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Brady clearly needs to get the offense to perform better. Everyone can see the offense has major issues. Scoring 7 points for 55 minutes is not good, which we have done for multiple games. Getting outschemed or outplayed by bad teams is not good. Having massive execution issues is not good. They have virtually no injuries outside of Knox.

If your opinion is that this is the third best offense in football, which is what DVOA says, I 100% disagree. If you say maybe that’s a little overrated, then you agree that stat is not correct and we are just haggling. 

We have a top 5 QB and a top 5 WR, in year 6 of the same offensive system. Rookie mistakes should still not be happening.

And yes, that includes the players. You can’t fire every player. You fire the guy who coaches them if they all continue to play badly.

What I LOVE is folks who point to EPA/play and DVOA and ALSO say that the players sucking isn’t Dorsey’s fault. If the numbers are great, I guess the players don’t suck either. Unless the numbers are wrong. Because of course they are.

Completely agree, I don't care what the stats say, for the last 2 seasons this offense just doesn't pass the eye test. Everything looks hard and feels like a chore. Like the offense is somehow succeeding in spite of the plays and play calling.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

Seems obvious to me that one player may have screwed up big time. I assume that the FG defensive unit is always the same 11 guys, so unless one of those guys was injured, who was the 12th guy who shouldn’t have been out there? After Wilson did the kneel down on 3rd down (that play started with :24 left), the Broncos had to run their FG team out there (as the clock was running) and the Bills ran at least FIVE guys from the sideline out there, going from their Dime Pkg to the FG unit. There really wasn’t time for a Bills defensive Capt to do a head count at that point; and it wouldn’t have mattered anyway because they couldn't call a TO, and there wouldn’t have been enough time for the 12th man to run off the field.

Bottom line is that during those two previous TOs that the Bills took (after Denver's 1st and 2nd downs, immediately after the PI call on Johnson) everything should have been planned out as to who was going to be out there for the FG. Hell, the FG defensive unit should have been put out there on 3rd down.

Thank you for agreeing that special teams coach screwed the pooch. 

19 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I dunno how to fix that for you but here it is embedded

I dont fancy myself an Xs and Os guy. Especially on Offense. And especially with modern NFL Offenses.

That said, over the past couple weeks I've watched:

1. the JT O'Sullivan breakdown of the Tampa game

2. the Cover1 breakdown of the Tampa game

3. a couple other Cover1 videos from this season

Maybe 2-3 hours worth of watching unofficial videos of guys who are knowledgeable but still mostly guessing on what is happening on the field.

From that alone, this past Monday Night, I was able to tell my wife exactly what play the Bills were running and exactly what routes the WRs would be running a number of times.

And I dont know JACK SQUAT!

Every DC has us figured out. Every defensive player should have us figured out.

That alone is grounds for firing Ken Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont fancy myself an Xs and Os guy. Especially on Offense. And especially with modern NFL Offenses.

Maybe 2-3 hours worth of watching unofficial videos of guys who are knowledgeable but still mostly guessing on what is happening on the field.

From that alone, this past Monday Night, I was able to tell my wife exactly what play the Bills were running and exactly what routes the WRs would be running a number of times.

I'm no expert, but could see that teams know exactly what we're doing, based on the number of times that defenders are beating our WR's to the spot.  Like hey.....almost looks like he knows he was going there.  i understand that's bound to happen from time to time, but it seems that it was happening at an alarming rate.  Being predictable, which is clearly what Dorsey is/was, is on the opposite side of the spectrum of creativity.  

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He should have been fired as soon as Jabrill Peppers said this

For those that can't watch, he said "That was a play that I recognized on tape, just had to play the proper technique and catch the ball."

Edited by Low Positive
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.