DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

Where are all the apologists now? When I questioned the lack of experience and leadership early on the fan boys couldn’t stop telling me how wrong I was. McDermott is repeatedly getting out coached. Dabs is getting his hat handed to him weekly in the Meadowlands. The coordinators are puppets. Beane is in over his head. Allen is still in Wyoming thinking hero ball wins. Wyoming is single A ball. Looks like the process is not progressing.  Next. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Dislike 2

I'm off the McD train but I fully expect him to be here next year. 

All this talk about scapegoating is ridiculous. The season is essentially over and something radical had to be done to try and salvage anything in case Miami has its usual swoon and we somehow sneak into the playoffs (I do not expect this)

If McD was looking to cover his ass he would have waited until the end of the season to sacrifice Dorsey instead of a mid season change which rarely works out. 

I also think it was a wakeup call to Josh to get his head out of his ass and be the QB and leadsr we know he can be. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, iinii said:

Where are all the apologists now? When I questioned the lack of experience and leadership early on the fan boys couldn’t stop telling me how wrong I was. McDermott is repeatedly getting out coached. Dabs is getting his hat handed to him weekly in the Meadowlands. The coordinators are puppets. Beane is in over his head. Allen is still in Wyoming thinking hero ball wins. Wyoming is single A ball. Looks like the process is not progressing.  Next. 

Why do people keep changing their screen names on here?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, RunTheBall said:

I also think it was a wakeup call to Josh to get his head out of his ass and be the QB and leadsr we know he can be. 

Well if this was the intent then we have a better chance of Miami collapsing and sneaking into the playoffs as a division champ.  Not because I don't think Allen can get out of this rough patch and be the QB we know he can be. But I'm pessimistic because I don't believe Allen struggling is the most important part of why our offense is struggling. The Bills O has deep systemic issues arising from 5 years of neglect and their over reliance on Allen being great.  You can't just turn that around by yanking Allen's "head out of his ass." 

Until this franchise commits to the offense and that includes coaching then the best we can hope for is when Allen is playing great over an extended period of time the Bills can win the Division and even win a playoff game or two.  But that's it. That's the Bills ceiling as this franchise is structured. And I come to this conclusion just considering how the Bills have screwed up their priorities in favoring the D over the O while having an elite franchise QB.  This doesn't even take into account that McD has not been able to create an elite D and his tactical mistakes in games is becoming legend.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, iinii said:

1 minute ago, iinii said:

You tell me. This has been mine for longer than I can remember. 

My first time ever seeing your screen name.  

But thanks for letting us all know about the future of the Bills before it even happened. You are stellar!  Get off the couch and go run an nfl team. You deserve it

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, NewEra said:

My first time ever seeing your screen name.  

But thanks for letting us all know about the future of the Bills before it even happened. You are stellar!  Get off the couch and go run an nfl team. You deserve it

Since 2008. Never a change and no bots. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I do deserve it. Thanks for noticing 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

My apologies I guess your post was so idiotic that it stuck out in a losing week

I am not the one that gift wrapped a win for Denver. If you are looking for idiots start at OBD. Eleven comes right before twelve. Sorry you can’t handle the truth. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I was just thinking about how Dorsey was a big 12 personnel guy. We’ve signed an average TE to $13 million a year and drafted another 1st round TE during the Dorsey tenure.

I don’t see any Brandon Beane threads anywhere.

Prob wrong thread but how do you get players (knox)  to take a pay cut? They do happen instead of just reworking contracts. Threaten to cut outright? Tell them we need to use money elsewhere and we will cut you this summer and move on if you dont?

5 minutes ago, iinii said:

I am not the one that gift wrapped a win for Denver. If you are looking for idiots start at OBD. Eleven comes right before twelve. Sorry you can’t handle the truth. 

There are only so many coaching positions in the NFL, and they are filled by the very best literally you could not have one of these positions

What do you do in your life that makes you so successful to look down on the others

2 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

Prob wrong thread but how do you get players (knox)  to take a pay cut? They do happen instead of just reworking contracts. Threaten to cut outright? Tell them we need to use money elsewhere and we will cut you this summer and move on if you dont?

I'm probably the only one on this board who thinks the Knox contract isn't bad at all. He's an excellent red zone threat, a great blocker, and right in the middle of the pack in passing catching TEs. 

Dorsey sucked and I'm somewhat convinced that Knox's regression is partially due to that. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bruffalo said:

I'm probably the only one on this board who thinks the Knox contract isn't bad at all. He's an excellent red zone threat, a great blocker, and right in the middle of the pack in passing catching TEs. 

Dorsey sucked and I'm somewhat convinced that Knox's regression is partially due to that. 

Problem now is we have 2 TE and so far we have failed with both on the field...Maybe use Kincaid as our slot guy and try for mismatches.

Just now, billsfanmd07 said:

Problem now is we have 2 TE and so far we have failed with both on the field...Maybe use Kincaid as our slot guy and try for mismatches.

It's too early to call it a failure since Knox got injured and Kincaid was getting up to speed as a rookie, and by the time he did Knox hasn't been able to take the field.  

I think somebody a bit more creative would love to use the 12 personnel set that the Bills have.  There's a lot of talent there. Dorsey just couldn't do it and there seems to be universal consensus in the football community that he was a big part of the problem.  

17 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

It's too early to call it a failure since Knox got injured and Kincaid was getting up to speed as a rookie, and by the time he did Knox hasn't been able to take the field.  

I think somebody a bit more creative would love to use the 12 personnel set that the Bills have.  There's a lot of talent there. Dorsey just couldn't do it and there seems to be universal consensus in the football community that he was a big part of the problem.  

Would love to see Davis start off on bench and use both TE, Diggs, shakir, isabella to be the every blade of grass guy.

3 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

Would love to see Davis start off on bench and use both TE, Diggs, shakir, isabella to be the every blade of grass guy.

Funny enough, the best our offense has looked all year was the first week after Knox's injury (Tampa) where we used Davis as more of a WR/TE hybrid and got him in those short/underneath routes and ran Kincaid as a TE/WR hybrid at the same time as well.

Practically NO real TEs.

31 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

It isnt. Looking at his production and where he lands in the list, it's pretty fair and accurate. Plus, it's only year 1 of the new contract and it will only look better after another round of FA.

Worth keeping around at that price even just as the blocking/red zone TE option.

Plenty of other players that need to be cut to save money before we get to Knox.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

His contract isn't near the issue that it's made out to be, as he can and will be a very valuable piece on offense (his contract isn't bad at all, it's not good by any circumstance but bad it's not)

I think the Knox hate/dislike all stems from fans seeing Kincaid is better and the coaching staff/Allen not moving towards Kincaid sooner 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.