DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Daboll is coming back here to be HC, not OC.  Someone earlier mentioned a McD power play in canning Dorsey.  Josh has a little more leverage than McD, and if this season goes up in flames and Daboll gets canned we’ll see who has the juice at OBD. 

I dont think there is any chance McD and Daboll work together again, thats for sure.  I mean maybe I am wrong but that relationship was definitely on the outs.  If Daboll were coming back here, McD would be out like you said.  I dunno if thats what will happen but in that scenario yeah.

9 minutes ago, Casual fan said:

Does firing coordinators mid-season often work to turn teams around?

I have the idea somehow that it is usually just the beginning of the end.

Definitely not ideal.  Would’ve been better to at least wait til the bye week but this couldn’t be delayed any longer.  Should’ve happened a lot sooner honestly 

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Josh hasn’t been the same since he knocked up that barmaid. Being a Dad will put you over the edge. I know. 

So you’re saying that maybe if he goes back, and knocks her up again, it will reverse the curse? 🤔

Mmmm, I like the way you think…

So Excited Flirting GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

I feel bad for the guy as a person but this was needed. 

This year at the J-ville game a bunch of us before the game were hanging out up front in stands for warmups  and I remember watching Dorsey some. Watching him I told my wife, man that guy looks nervous. He was by himself just starring out into nothing and talking to no one.  It was bizarre.  Just seemed to be in over his head

contrast that with 2019, on field before game and saw Daboll.  He took pic with me and young son.  He was out there talking with players and gave Josh a big hug before game. 

Dorsey needed to stay a QB coach longer or too bad the Giants didn’t take him with Daboll. Wish him the best but this needed to happen. 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, 34-30 said:

No. I'd do what this staff has attempted to do. Reign him in and make him a better overall QB.  He's not cooperating.

If the 2nd or 3rd best quarterback on the planet isn't good enough then the coaching staff absolutely sucks at their jobs.

Leads the NFL in touchdowns and the turnovers are overstated.

image.thumb.png.89f89e4920cb959e7065e02882ff34f9.png

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Casual fan said:

Does firing coordinators mid-season often work to turn teams around?

I have the idea somehow that it is usually just the beginning of the end.

I don't know the stats, but in this particular case I'm not sure it can get but so much worse. Imo it's better it happened now than sticking it out til later.

Reason I say that is because it's early enough that you still have time to make a run so why not since you know all you need with Dorsey, so there's a chance players respond differently for the guy taking over. 

Typically firing an OC in the middle of the season doesn't result in a huge improvement.

But as Dan Orlovsky adamantly observed, "The Bills offense is schematically broken."   We've heard other ex-NFL players and coaches imply, or outright say, similar things.

That's not an Allen thing.  That's not a McD thing.  That's a Dorsey thing.  

Maybe Brady can help fix it. 

As a fan, I can only hope.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.